Red/White 2006 all options, low miles, for sale

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
This car was just inspected by the Ford dealer and is located in Dallas, Tx.

405 380 4300

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
The car has 2600 miles with a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. The owner is asking $160,000.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
What outfit did you get the powertrain warranty from?

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
The warranty is sold by Ford and can be assigned to the next owner by a Ford dealer for $50. Call me if you have any questions.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Ford will not sell an extended warranty on the car...it comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. I'm not saying your lying but if someone buys it under the assumption that they have more warranty they are in for a rude awakening.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Ford will not sell an extended warranty on the car...it comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. I'm not saying your lying but if someone buys it under the assumption that they have more warranty they are in for a rude awakening.
100% correct .....

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
warranty question

I had my Ford dealer print out the data sheet on the car. I am not an expert by any means, but that what the data sheet from Ford states. I also confirmed this with the original delivery dealer. FWTW!

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
What we are saying Dry is that IF the dealer where the car was bought sold a FORD extended warranty IT WILL NOT be honered by Ford. Have your dealer call your local Ford rep and find out...many of us here went to the top and have people that have told us absolutely NO WAY do we get an extended warranty.

Just want you to be careful because it could bite you in the butt if you know what I mean.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There was a big sales promo @ Ford a while back (late '06, I think) wherein they extended the warranty of Ford cars sold during that promo to 50K miles if I remember right. Expressly EXEMPTED from that extension was the Ford GT. So, I just don't understand how this particular GT was somehow granted 50K 'extension' by Ford.

I'm not saying it WASN'T. I just don't see HOW. ('Dealer screw up, maybe?)

You might want to read the terms of that warranty yourself. If you don't have access to the 'agreement, you might be wise to try to get it and read it for yourself to be sure. (To cover your own butt as it were.)

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
I will contact the business manager at my dealer and research this subject and will pass on the results to the forum. Thanks for the response!

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
You were right!

I just talked to the selling dealer and he said the "oasis report" shows a five year 60,000 mile warranty but the GT is exempt from this type of warranty. So, you were correct! There is NOT an extended warranty.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hope springs eternal on our end. :wink
Thank you for the extra leg work.

Dryhole

Feb 16, 2007
Dallas,Tx
Thanks for the help!

I want to thank all of you for the help with this warranty issue. tVan and I have reached an agreement on the car. He was very professional in his handling of the transaction.