Another trailer loading tip/trick

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Here is a couple of pics on changing the approach angle to make loading the GT even easier. Clears the splitter by 3/8 of an inch and makes unloading easy since the car rolls back on it's own - on the winch cable of course.

Leaving for Indy Monday morning - see you there!!!!:thumbsup :banana

ramp1.jpg

ramp2.jpg

ramp3.jpg

ramp4.jpg

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Duh, why didn't I think of that. Mac Gyver at work. Nice:thumbsup

I will have to try that, I was trying to figure out how the heck I would get out of the car when inside even on my open trailer.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was trying to figure out how the heck I would get out of the car when inside even on my open trailer.

There's only one way when the door can't be opened ...and you can't use gravity to move the car first. 'Thru the window. That's how it had to be done with mine when it was delivered. (No shoes, no belt buckles, no watches & rings, etc.)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Great Idea

Thanks for the great idea and the fine pics. I just ordered my trailer today. I purchased a 22 foot made by Classic in Sturgis Michigan. It should be delivered in time for the drive to California. Have a great time at INDY!

Questions.. 1. Once in the trailer, do you simply use straps around the tires and thru the wheel spokes (with soft protection) to 'D' rings on your floor?
2. In place of the drive up wheel chocks could you just crank up the front center jack to raise/tilt the trailer enough?
AJB

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Questions.. 1. Once in the trailer, do you simply use straps around the tires and thru the wheel spokes (with soft protection) to 'D' rings on your floor?
2. In place of the drive up wheel chocks could you just crank up the front center jack to raise/tilt the trailer enough?
AJB

I mounted e-track on both sides the full length of the trailer and use basket tie downs on the front wheels and straps/towels on the rear. I have modified the tie downs to work with the e-track and will modify the two for the rear wheels(make them wider) when I get back.

I don't know if the trailer jack will get high enough - it might but with the truck on ramps I feel the set-up is much more stable than having a single jack point at the front of the trailer.

:cheers
Trent

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
thanks

Thank you for the reply.
andy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Trent-

Nice '08 Superduty. How long have you had it? I'm expecting mine next week sometime.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
beautiful rig!:thumbsup sweet GT:thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Great idea. I use two, 6" X 6' boards with aluminum ramp ends, and that helps all my cars clear, from the Lambo to the Ferrari's, Porsche and the GT. I have a dually, so getting the rear tires up on a ramp could be precarious. I hope to meet you in in Indy next week.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Trent-

Nice '08 Superduty. How long have you had it? I'm expecting mine next week sometime.

Chris you won't be disappointed, I have had mine for about a month now and am very impressed. The ride is way smoother and quieter than my '01 F250 and the power is amazing. Being an F350 it is about 1600lbs heavier than the F250 but I don't mind the extra stability when pulling the toy box around - especially in cross winds.

I ordered it with everything including the nav system which will come in very handy this week:thumbsup Now when people tell me to "get lost" it is going to be very difficult:biggrin

:cheers