What happened to the Goodyear racing tires

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This link shows that Goodyear is making a DOT racing RS tire in 315x40x19. Any news about this being available, or did it get canceled?

http://www.racegoodyear.com/pdf/2006_price_book/showroom_dot.pdf

I just found this link. Maybe 3rd quarter of 2007

http://www.bobwoodmantires.com/goodyear/gyeagle_rs.htm

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Nice! Thanks for info.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The 235/45ZR-18 front tire size is not listed.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
DOT sticky rubber

Are you thinking of the Goodyear RS or GS-CS tires? I believe both are DOT but the RS is the real sticky one. The RS is almost the same as the Hoosier R6 tires. It would be great if we had another option, but the Hoosiers are great. The GTs stock front rubber at 235/45 x 18 can be replaced by the 245/40 x 18. Even Hoosier doesn't make the R6 in a 235/45 x 8. Thanks Black Ice. Missed you at Laguna Seca last weekend. I was Sears Point yesterday! 80+ degree weather made for a great time.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Are you thinking of the Goodyear RS or GS-CS tires?...I was Sears Point yesterday! 80+ degree weather made for a great time.

Ed

Goodyear is suppose to be release the RS only from what I can read. I always prefer multiple vendors.

Ed did you run your GT with the Hoosier at Sears?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
spectator

Black Ice - No, I watched some friends race their karts on the big track yesterday. Man, can they rail the corners! Turn 11 was unreal to watch. I've driven 80 & 125 shifters on the Sears Point kart tracks but I'm not sure if I'd try the main car track. I also had to spend some money at Wine Country Motorsports. My next track day is April 13 or 20 at T-hill. Since my wedding anniversary is the 14th it may be only the 20th. Come out. Yes, I'll be running the stock rims with Hoosiers. I'll drive there on them & drive back. Well, unless I break down or crash then I won't have to worry about driving home on the Hoosiers. If it is going to rain, of course, I won't go. April is usually nice though.

Ed