• dyno3.jpg
    dyno3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,120

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome! thanks for the post! how many miles on the odo, what was the temperature and humidity? good pull!

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
thanks..

my odometer has 749 miles
temp was 77 degrees
dont know what humidity was...

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
if you look on the bottom of the sheet you can see in fine print the temp and the humidity

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Thanks for posting.
Nice increase with the computer chip.
Looking forward to your result with the pulley.

Any exhaust mods planned?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Woah! That's a nice big gain from just a reflash. 13 rwhp and 43 rwtq :eek Get that pulley on there and let us know how it does :thumbsup

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i am supposed to get the pulley in this week i will try to get it on this week as well though it will be tough with the holidays

however i am searching right now how to get better rubber and or bigger rubber to get more traction since the increase makes my first gear progressively more useless

piko :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks for your reply, I see you are in Florida, thus the high humidity. Looks like you are going about it the right way.

When I was at SEMA, I saw on the Bonspeed GT their wheels which look wider.
Their web site is down, and I have faxed them asking for information, nobody has replied so far. The GT needs more rubber, thats for sure.

Looking forward to your next pull!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
When you say chip what do you mean by that? Where do you get it and who makes it?
thanks Jamie

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
by chip i mean computer reflash

it is a device that plugs in the obd2 and you canprogram the settings for you engine etc..

i do not know how to do that but a shop that modifies mustangs and or cobras would know exactly what to do since the files that they use in these reprogrammers are available on the internet..

do not do it yourself if you dont know how to..

ask a good cobra tuner to do it for you....

piko

my tuner gave me a reprogrammer with current settings at 545 hp and 1 push of a button i can get it to stock or 532 hp ,,

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
It's normal for piggy back type devices to have various settings, stock, drag racing, road courses, etc.

A true piggy back is relatively easy to use and once installed doesn't really need the resetting by the vendor you can do it yourself. People like Perfect Power make them for all types of cars. Also the Predator by Diablo is a less sophisticared type unit. Installation does require a professional.

Dave

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
I'd be real interested to see exactly what the reflash modified. That's about a 50 ft-lb torque increase (at the motor) from ~3Krpm to ~5Krpm with virtually no change in the air/fuel ratio !

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
werewolf said:
I'd be real interested to see exactly what the reflash modified. That's about a 50 ft-lb torque increase (at the motor) from ~3Krpm to ~5Krpm with virtually no change in the air/fuel ratio !

Agree, that is almost too good to be true, unless we would believe the car comes totally screwed up, what I do not believe possible...

Maybe just the dyno got tuned up ...?

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
I suppose there's a little to be gained in advanced timing, but you can only go so far with 93 octane under boost .... :confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
werewolf said:
I suppose there's a little to be gained in advanced timing, but you can only go so far with 93 octane under boost .... :confused

In California we can only get 92octaine, with the exception that some Union 76 stations sell 100octaine race gas. The race gas is pricy, but so is performance.

Most cars are set up for 92octaine and can build power by adjusting for 93.

If the dealer can detect a reflash, and there is an engine issue (burnt valves or pistons) say adios to warranty coverage for that repair.

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
I hear ya bony ... I mentioned 93 octane because that's what was used in these dyno runs. Wonder how much of the improvement was due to timing advance?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Yeah since I asked the question my buddy Jason Heffner and I talked and he said unichip has a reflash for these cars and they way it is able to pick up hp and tqe is because the cars are set up for 91 octane according to him.

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
jamie said:
Yeah since I asked the question my buddy Jason Heffner and I talked and he said unichip has a reflash for these cars and they way it is able to pick up hp and tqe is because the cars are set up for 91 octane according to him.
That certainly makes some sense. I think the cars are designed for 91 octane, so 93 will allow for more advanced timing. But holy cow ... 50 ft-lbs (at the motor)! I wonder how much will be gained by leaning the a/f out a bit ...
I'd love to see the stock & modified timing curves :biggrin

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I don't believe the difference between 91 and 93 octane would produce those gains. 105 octane or higher still won't produce that much of a gain. The reflash changed something significantly in the MAP or elsewhere in my opinion.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave, I am with you. I have ran PowerChips in my MBZ's and they set up of either 91 or 93 Octane and remap extensively. Whipple claims to remap in such a way that a Ford dealer can't detect it.