***Transaxle Cooler Now Available***

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for everyone who responded so positively to the pre-announcement of the custom GT Transaxle Cooler. I am very happy to say that the cooler is now available for ordering. I have several units shipping out early next week and a few additional units are available. I also have another quantity of kits that will be completed following this initial batch. In summary, I've tried real hard to balance the availability of units with the interest demonstrated by my fellow GT owners to minimize the time between ordering and receiving your kit. (This is always a real trick - especially in niche markets, like GT parts.)

I'd like to think that with the quality of components, performance, appearance, and packaging, I've supplied a great product to the GT community at a reasonable price. The custom kit that I'm offering has an aggressive price point and can also save you significantly on installation costs. Whether you do the installation yourself or you pay someone to do it for you, my kit does not require you to lift the car or remove the bottom pans, which saves time and potential damage to your GT.

If you're in the Southern California area, or can be, I can do the installation myself for the pleasure of meeting you. Takes me about an hour.

Please visit my half-baked website to learn more about the Cooler Kit. You can get to the cooler page directly by clicking here.

Thanks all, & Stay Cool!
Kendall aka nota4re

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:cheers .

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Cooler

This looks great! Neat work and pretty too. And very competitive. My dealer just charged me $1,400 for the "Ford Racing" cooler and another $330 to install!! B.H.I.C.A. !! (I feel like such an idiot!) Now, where's Dr. Phil? :confused

G.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
No worries, G., thanks for the positive comments. I'm sure you'll be happy with the Ford cooler and it will do the job. I am, however, going to expect your business on all of your future GT acquisitions. You know, I'm beginning to worry that us single GT owners are becoming a minority! I'd like a second one too - I just need to sell about a 1,000 more coolers!

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Transaxle Cooler

Order sent!!!

AMB

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
I just sent a direct PM to you, to set up an appointment for installation

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Allen, thanks for your order!
Jim, I replied to your PM.... and I assume you won't be using your ATM? :lol

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Order is in. Thanks.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for serving our community. I'll call you to order at least one, maybe two for both cars. :wink

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Well I now have coolers on both GTs thanks to Kendall. They are the best and the price is right. Good job Ken. Thanks.....GHE

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
George,

As I suspected, both of your GTs look absolutely stunning - as I knew they would. The Cool Tech Transaxle Coolers are a complement to the engine bay but, most importantly, they are very functional. It was a pleasure to see you again (after 10 years!), and it was a pleasure to meet Dennis and to see one of the very few all-yellow GTs. Dennis - we'll hook up soon to get your cooler installed. Thanks guys for believing in me and the product!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
For those that have inquired about the black AN fittings, here's a set installed on Paul's car.

Black_AN.JPG

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Hi Kendall,

I just placed an order for a cooler with black fittings via paypal. It looks like you've got a great product.
I'm sure you'll be real busy as as word spreads.

I'm running the Silver State Classic (www.SSCC.us) 150mph class on Sept.17th. Hopefully, I be able to install your cooler before I leave on 9/8.

So far I only Fly-By and my self are attending the Silverstate. Sure wish we could get 6 or 7 Gts out there and go for team honors.

Thanks again for providing a much needed product.

Larry

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I just installed the new cooler last Sunday on my new 06 Heritage. Installation was a breeze, and the quality of the unit and hardware is excellent. I ordered a second for my 05 car and will be able to get it installed in about an hour with my new-found experience. :wink

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thank-you Tim, and thanks for the tips on the instructions. Regardless of how hard we've tried to have robust instructions, there's always room for improvement! Your tips as well as those from others have gone out as an addendum to all those who purchased coolers to date. A newly revised, updated instruction sheet has been created accordingly and is incorporated in all new shipments.

It's very rewarding to see the popularity of the kit and to get the chance to meet, albeit virtually, other GT owners.

Thanks again for the feedback!

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Just finshed the install. It went just as the instructions said. Thanks for the product and the good instructions.

Question: As I was putting the cooler in this morning, I wondered how the transaxle circulates the oill to the cooler. Does the transaxle have a pump built in to it? Or does increased presure just force the flluid through the cooler?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
PHXGT said:
Just finshed the install. It went just as the instructions said. Thanks for the product and the good instructions.

Question: As I was putting the cooler in this morning, I wondered how the transaxle circulates the oill to the cooler. Does the transaxle have a pump built in to it? Or does increased presure just force the flluid through the cooler?

It has a pump.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As Chris points out, there's a pump internal to the transaxle. Without a transaxle cooler, the transaxle is simply pumping fluid through the short 10" flex hose (early '05 cars have a hard tube instead of the flex line). Note that the pump is driven off of the main shaft of the transaxle and is only pumping oil through the cooler when the rear wheels are moving.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
nota4re said:
...Note that the pump is driven off of the main shaft of the transaxle and is only pumping oil through the cooler when the rear wheels are moving.

Are you sure about that? When I put my Ford trans cooler on I started the car and reved it a bit in neutral to check for leaks before I checked the fluid level. I shut the car down and was able to add 3/4-7/8 qt of transaxle fluid. Either my transaxle was way low from the factory or somehow the fluid got pumped into the cooler when I was just running in neutral. What do you think?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Are you sure about that?

Yeah Chris, I'm sure. The transaxle must be turning for the pump to work. Yours must have been low and, more importantly, is likely low now because you haven't filled it (I assume) after it has had a chance to fill the cooler.