2010 SHO in the garage / R&D already begun

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have to partially blame our esteemed forum owner for driving me directly into this latest purchase but hey why not right !

I grabbed this car Friday afternoon A plan from the local dealer here in St. Augustine. I had been bugging them about ordering a SHO in and they listened.

Needless to say this car is my development platform for products on the quest for more power of course to see what I can nail down out of it power wise on a whole host of different levels. I have already built a great set of calibrations for the stone stock SHO and the car is waayyy faster already with 0 physical modifications. That is coming next, I am going to join forces with my good friend Jason H. to help me fabricate the rest of the parts needed to make this car the rocket it so desperately deserves to be.

More info and updates to follow soon !

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2,504
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,509
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,519
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,544

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Very cool! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do to spruce it up a bit.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
put me on the list for goodies. Got one inbound.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
put me on the list for goodies. Got one inbound.

Certainly, starting out with the reflash I have created is a good easy to return to stock start. it makes a huge difference by itself.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nice!

5W-20 oil??

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Certainly, starting out with the reflash I have created is a good easy to return to stock start. it makes a huge difference by itself.

I ordered mine with the 401a package and SHO Performance pack. should be here in six weeks.. What kind of gain can I expect from a reflash with this configuration?

decided to go SHO over 335 xi sedan. the coupe is staying...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yep. Interior shots :

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,491
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,449

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Very good to hear. Someone on SHOforum.com crossposted about DBK's 2010 SHO (from the raptor forum). Very good to see that a very simple tune is making big improvements for this car. I was at the Chicago Auto Show for the launch of the 2010, and got to pick the brains of some of the people involved with this.

For the record, a certain young man that frequents the SHOforum is partly responsible for getting the SHO nameplate back, perhaps even idea of creating an ecoboost Taurus at all. He started the website www.bringbackthesho.com , you should check it out.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
DBK's SHO was field test vehicle #1 I created the calibrations for it and he would kick me back data and I would send him more files. Then I just ran out and bought my own car to fast track this program.

I have been involved with the SHO community selling those guys parts for the gen 1&2 cars for the past 10 years and know a good majority of the people behind it all. So its all just a natural fit.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Torrie, can just a tune safely get the SHO to over 425 crank HP? If so I would be tempted to pick one up.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie, can just a tune safely get the SHO to over 425 crank HP? If so I would be tempted to pick one up.

I am sure of it, that's not a huge jump. I'll have dyno numbers out of my car shortly. Right now I just have been focused on real world street recal since I can monitor everything I need.

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
DBK's SHO was field test vehicle #1 I created the calibrations for it and he would kick me back data and I would send him more files. Then I just ran out and bought my own car to fast track this program.

I have been involved with the SHO community selling those guys parts for the gen 1&2 cars for the past 10 years and know a good majority of the people behind it all. So its all just a natural fit.

Good to hear. I think I have seen your name referenced by some. Very exciting stuff, I sure look forward to the results you guys get. One thing is for sure, coming stock with AWD and turbocharging, it will be MUCH easier to extract more power out of this SHO compared to the the older V6's. From vids I have seen, 100% pure stock SHO's are seeing decent 60' times. I would not be suprised to see 1.99's out of the track pack cars. Pretty stout for a 4400lb family car.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
torrie,
I am trying to pace my impulse buying and you are not helping.

it is forgone now that i will need to add this to my stable.

on the list of options it should say (1) torrie hp pkg complete w/sct

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
where's Ed's SHO?

Geez - how did everyone get their SHOs before me? Mine (it's actually for my wife) was built in July but there is a 30 day holdover(?) I'm told. It's suppose to be here in NorCal sometime in September. More hp? Wow, that's seems tempting.

Ed

PS Here is the wife (yup, same one) with her other 2 SHOs in 1991 & 1993.

Attachments

• Heidi & SHO at Laguna Nov 91.jpg
    Heidi & SHO at Laguna Nov 91.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 965
  • Heidi's SHO 1993.jpg
    Heidi's SHO 1993.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 968

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ed did your wife track the SHO?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That's awesome !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed's wife on the track

No, she's only driven parade type laps. The photo is before some laps at Laguna Seca. They are similar to the pace truck laps we did at Spring Mountain Raceway during the Vegas Rally last year.

Ed

PS I won't let her drive the GT. Maybe with traction control I will.

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Nice set of SHO's Ed. Did not expect to see pics of old Tauri on a GT site! Let us know as soon the 2010 gets here. What color/options did you get?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
20-30WHP gains on slight AF and timing changes are already afoot. Mucho more power to come shortly !!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 914
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,241

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008