New ride will be getting some upgrades by GT Guy LLC

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I thought it would be fun to upgrade my brand new Tungsten GT (well, for me anyway!?!) in front of a large audience at the up coming Carlisle All-Ford Nationals June 5-7 held in Carlisle, PA. Our plans consist of conducting a baseline dyno run to check out the completely stock car figures. Then following the baseline dyno we'll take the car back to the GT area and have The GT Guy LLC enhance my GT with some of the modifications listed below and see firsthand what the different HP & torque will be afterward.

Again, all the updates will be provided and installed by The GT Guy LLC. Below are the scheduled enhancements:

• Heffner pulley, tune & re-gap spark plugs
  • T&A Shocks lowering kit with string alignment
  • Install a half shaft bolt kit
  • Ford Racing transmission cooler with extra quart of oil
  • Accufab clean air tube insert
  • Heffner H pipe muffler
  • Ford Racing Shifter
The best thing of all is that The GT Guy LLC will be setup for the entire weekend to conduct installs for your car too. Just contact them prior to the event and setup a time. I'm getting super excited about the upcoming event, fresh upgrades performed and most of all meeting other fellow GT owners.

Life doesn't get any better than this! I hope to meet you in the near future.

Cheers,

Lance
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The portable dyno at Carlisle last year understated power by >10%. It's all relative though so if you're simply trying to quantify change, shouldn't be an issue. If you're after an accurate number (which BTW should be in the 610 - 620 range post mods) you may have an issue.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Thanks for the heads up!

Lance

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Lance -

Since you're putting in significant power upgrades, I would also recommend that you have them install the Accufab springs in the coolant hoses to prevent collapse under acceleration and high rpm's, and larger hose clamps on the various sections of those hoses. Do a complete pressure check to ensure no coolant leakage. Many of us have found this beneficial to the operation of the Ford GT.

Ralphie

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Lance -

Since you're putting in significant power upgrades, I would also recommend that you have them install the Accufab springs in the coolant hoses to prevent collapse under acceleration and high rpm's, and larger hose clamps on the various sections of those hoses. Do a complete pressure check to ensure no coolant leakage. Many of us have found this beneficial to the operation of the Ford GT.

Ralphie

Ralphie-

Thanks for the heads up. I'll talk to The GT Guys prior to starting the project. They've been incredibly helpful thus far and I can only imagine it'll only get better. These cars are really great - after going out to the garage for the 6th time this evening I just can't get over how sexy the lines of this car are... I'm just thrilled to have one in my garage!

Cheers & thanks again for the heads up.

Have a good evening,

Lance

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
- after going out to the garage for the 6th time this evening I just can't get over how sexy the lines of this car are... I'm just thrilled to have one in my garage!

:lol :cheers :lol

(we've all been there)

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Life doesn't get any better than this! I hope to meet you in the near future.

Cheers,

Lance
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Lance, I have welcomed you before so this is my second. Glad to have you with us...

And actually it CAN get better than Carlisle. Hope you attend the Forum's BIG national gathering in Austin in October. See the posted link. Organize a trailer full of east coast members and head out west where you will likely see over 100 GT's together with all types of modifications! Eye candy and good times for sure!
Hope to see you there!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Lance, I have welcomed you before so this is my second. Glad to have you with us...

And actually it CAN get better than Carlisle. Hope you attend the Forum's BIG national gathering in Austin in October. See the posted link. Organize a trailer full of east coast members and head out west where you will likely see over 100 GT's together with all types of modifications! Eye candy and good times for sure!
Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the heads up, if I can swing it I'll be there - sounds like a great time!

Cheers,

Lance

PS Wiping sweat off my forehead after visit #7... LOL

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats she is finally home. BTW Lance, suck it up and Do The Whipple! - Come on ya know ya want to..... skip second base.............

GO FOR THE HOME RUN! WHIPPLE, TT or Flux Capacitor! :cheers

Thanks Lance and welcome. One of these days look forward to meeting ya.!

burp!

Last edited:

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Do The Whipple! - Come on ya know ya want to..... skip second base.............

GO HOME! :cheers

burp!

I love your style, I'm going to enjoy it this way for a bit... You always need something to look forward too - right?! :lol

Cheers,

Lance

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
1st base - Stock FGT
2nd base - Pulley and tune
3rd base - Whipple
HR - TT

:cheers

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
1st base - Stock FGT
3rd base - Whipple
HR - TT

:cheers

BlackICE-

Thanks for schooling a newbie :wink

Lance

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
When you own a FGT you always have a hit.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
When you own a FGT you always have a hit.

Funny, but when they opened the hatches on the transporter and swung the door down - I swear to you I knew I hit a homerun! :biggrin

It's the morning and I've already checked her out... I can't get enough... eye candy at its best!

Cheers,

Lance

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I just did the baseline dyno pull for my ride. She pulled a 471.29 hp / 479.69 torque... now time to have the GT Guys put on the pulley, tune it and heffner exhaust - life is good!

Hope to see you out here!

Cheers,

Lance

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
1st base - Stock FGT
3rd base - Whipple
HR - TT

___________Oh my god ,I'm a virgin!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Funny, but when they opened the hatches on the transporter and swung the door down - I swear to you I knew I hit a homerun! :biggrin

+1!!!

The real clintcher for me though was when I heard the GT come to life for the 1st time.:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy

'Got so weak in the knees I thought for sure I was gunna fall over...

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
1st base - Stock FGT
3rd base - Whipple
HR - TT

___________Oh my god ,I'm a virgin!

AND, I never inhaled nor I have ever had sex with that woman......:bs

GTED

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Results are in...

Stock / Temp: 65 degrees / 471hp

Pulley, Tune & Heffner Exhaust / Temp 86 degrees / 509hp

I'm going to try it again tomorrow morning to capture the cooler temps again to see what HP she'll pull without being saturated with heat.

I'll keep you posted! I'm going to compile a video as well...

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Lance

Aug 25, 2006
You are in good hands and the personal tweaks will be very much enjoyed

Takes care

Shadowman