THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Ok now we have a photo someone should photo shop the following
Lifting points front and rear
Bolts highlighted that need to be removed for oil change

Someone who knows how to do this please help us poor computer dummies.

3459628052_d83cabc320_b.jpg

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
YELLOW CIRCLES ARE LIFTING POINTS!
GREEN DOTS ARE MOST OF THE SCREWS THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED TO LOWER THE REAR PANS (HARD TO SEE THEM ALL IN THE PIC)

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great photoshop, but you forgot the rear 3 screws on the silver colored center pan.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks for the photo shop. :thumbsup

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Very nice work shelby!
And BlackICE is correct....

Basically remove all the torx drive screws aft of the rear end of the silver alum belly pan. Two sections of composite underbelly are removed to gain acces to all three oil drain plugs.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I did not forget them, just cant really see them on my screen. I will take a good pic of the underside of a GT on our lift one day and get a much better illustration for you guys.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
great post!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Thanks a bunch Shelby,

If you like here is the link from the other post.
When you go to it you can down load the larger photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7680218@N05/3459628052/sizes/l/

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
I added in the blue circles the points to jack up the entire side of the car.

GTONSIDE.jpg

Pete S.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Is it ok to use these rear points for a four point lift? My Snap on lift wont go that narrow to pick up the two rear {inward} spots.

Im refering to the ones in blue from member Pete S

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Is it ok to use these rear points for a four point lift? My Snap on lift wont go that narrow to pick up the two rear {inward} spots.

Im refering to the ones in blue from member Pete S

If you mean the blue spots. I would think not. The blue spots will be close the the center of mass (front to rear) as such it would be very unstable at best.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Blackice,,i would be useing the two in front and the two in back in blue all at the same time. I have a drive over hydrolic lift that you swing the arms out and position as needed. The problem i have is the recomended rear points are narrower than the lift will go so i can't use them. I ws just wondering how much weight you think these {blue circled} points can withstand?:cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Those blue spots can lift the entire left or right side of the car off the ground. The problem is that it is the GT is mid engine and much of the weight is rear of the blue spots, UNSTABLE, UNSAFE, when used in conjuction with the front lifting points. The blue spots are fine to lift one side of the car up for service while both wheels on the other side are on the ground, or if jack stands are used at the recommended jacking points on the other side.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Those blue spots can lift the entire left or right side of the car off the ground. The problem is that it is the GT is mid engine and much of the weight is rear of the blue spots, UNSTABLE, UNSAFE, when used in conjuction with the front lifting points. The blue spots are fine to lift one side of the car up for service while both wheels on the other side are on the ground, or if jack stands are used at the recommended jacking points on the other side.

I see your point and your right, there would be too much weight hanging off the back of the lift:frown