Joes TT Ford GT 1000rwhp 878rwtq!!!!

LeoGSVT

Feb 1, 2006
this was made on 22.5lbs of boost, on some race gas....the dyno pegged out at 1000rwhp
download.php

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Impressive.... Let's see how long it will last.

PS Joe: Order a 2006 before it is too late, as a keeper...

cheers

stefan

PSII: looking forward to the testdrive :biggrin

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Ttgt

Just an update.. With the new software as not to peg the dyno at 1000hp we made 1012HP 898TQ..

TonY G

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
wow

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
Tony G. or Leo, Has the speed limiter on Joe's GT been removed? Thanks.

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Speed Limiter

Yes, I moved the limiter to 255!

Its been an awesome week and culminated with the levels we reached today!!

I will sit down and list some specifics this evening once I settle down!1 Adrenaline is still pumping away!! Can you say BOOST!!!

TonY G

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
sweet! Now turn the boost up and lets see what kind of power it can make.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
For current bragging rights, you can't beat it...this car is obviously a monster!
However when you take a look at the power and torque curve you can see that a stock car makes more hp and torque up to about 4k rpms (well into the power/tq band given the 6500-7000rpm limit). It looks like the turbos don't fully kick in until almost 5000 rpms which is relatively high for a 6500 rpm limit. Since this car makes roughly 2x that of a stock car you can see how quickly the power and torque build. This is a recipe for wheelspin and an undriveable car on the street on street tires. Put on some drag slicks and take it to the strip and this car will be unbelievable in the 1/4 mile. With street tires on the street, my guess is that a totally stock car will beat it to 60mph and 100mph.

Keep up the good work. It will be interesting to see how the clutch, tranny, drivetrain hold up to this abuse. The stock tranny is pricey.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I doubt very much a stock car would beat this one to 60 maybe 30 but by 60 the turbos would've gained enough rpm to activate.

Dwight

Apr 4, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
lthlvpr said:
For current bragging rights, you can't beat it...this car is obviously a monster!
However when you take a look at the power and torque curve you can see that a stock car makes more hp and torque up to about 4k rpms (well into the power/tq band given the 6500-7000rpm limit). It looks like the turbos don't fully kick in until almost 5000 rpms which is relatively high for a 6500 rpm limit. Since this car makes roughly 2x that of a stock car you can see how quickly the power and torque build. This is a recipe for wheelspin and an undriveable car on the street on street tires. Put on some drag slicks and take it to the strip and this car will be unbelievable in the 1/4 mile. With street tires on the street, my guess is that a totally stock car will beat it to 60mph and 100mph.

Keep up the good work. It will be interesting to see how the clutch, tranny, drivetrain hold up to this abuse. The stock tranny is pricey.

Actually, the car was backed off the dyno with the same tune it made 1012WHP and taken out for some film shots. It hooks very well in 2nd. The GT has an amazing chassis to take this much power and put it to the ground on a set of Nitto Drag Radials.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Might need to put some Hybrids in there to minimize the lag for better performance.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
drove it today and surpisingly there is really not much lag

at about 3500 is when you ehar it spool up.. dont forget the motor itself is not bad.. at 4000 it start becomming linearly violent..

the one big difference is how much i notice that the ride without a blower simply seems to be as if somebody pulled out 1000 LBS out of the car and the engine just feels lighter..... granted at 4000 on it feels like a slingshot and yet the NITTO's held all of 2nd gear ( on the limit of traction)...

joe

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
My guess is the 70-200 run against the Modified R1 would now be a 60-140 run. Be careful, Joe.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
thanks KIRBY

i sure will now i feel safer since i dont need to go past 140 HEHEHHE

seems like the stronger the car gets the safer it is HEHEHEH

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Congratulations on the numbers. I have to agree, these cars do put the power down better than any rwd car I have ever driven with big power.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
On the subject of the power kickin in quite late in the rev band - I think that a solution using the Ford racing long header would help those turbos rev up quicker...

I know that it complicates the tubing a bit, but it would be worth it I believe...

Also an air box using the stock air inlets would be better that a filter sucking just above the exhaust...

But again - your TT set-up is just down my street.. well done fellas.

Dwight

Apr 4, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
one of 101 said:
On the subject of the power kickin in quite late in the rev band - I think that a solution using the Ford racing long header would help those turbos rev up quicker...

I know that it complicates the tubing a bit, but it would be worth it I believe...

Also an air box using the stock air inlets would be better that a filter sucking just above the exhaust...

But again - your TT set-up is just down my street.. well done fellas.

I agree. However the inlet air temps are still doing great and with the gearbox in this car there is no lose of power. It always comes down to trade off's. The tighter we have to make the piping to accomadate the changes is going to increase the restriction within that pipe. You have to remember that this will also cause an increase in temps. We have a good size back housing on the turbo right now and if someone was not wanting this power level it can always be stepped down in size for a faster spool. We have been playing with turbos for a number of years and for this application and the power Joe was wanting to make we feel we made the right decision.

There are more plans for Joe's car and we will have the chance to see the gains over the stock manifolds. As for now I have to say that Ford spent some time on this project and it really shows.