What temperature does your cooling fans come on at?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Without the AC on what temp do the radiator fans come on when you drive/idle?

Mine were not coming on at 210 so I took it in to have them look at it. They stated 220 or right around there is what the GT info says the fans will come on.

So I figure a $1000+ repair bill when I dropped it off to fix some sensor but it looks like only $450ish for diagnostics, battery and wipers.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Depends on the calibration on the vehicle. Stock the low speed fans are set to 210. I set the fan schedules to come on a lot sooner then that for all of the guys running around this board with my tunes. Below is the factory stock calibration

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 148

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Torrie, what temp do you go with for fan activation?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
some good info there. thanks

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
180L/190H but then again dependent on the environmental conditions and customer needs it can be lower or higher but that is a good base at least from my perspective

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
:thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The thermostat temp is around 180 so starting the fans sooner than that will have no effect on coolant temp.

The fan settings are a tradeoff between fan lifespan and alternator loading vs. coolant temp. The lower the coolant temp the less MPG you will get, but you will get lower IAT as well which will help with air density and timing thus power. So e.g MPH long life vs. RWHP short life, take your pick.