What would you rather have?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...What can I say? I'M OLD, sir!

(NEVER MIND the "you don't drive anyway" comments!)

Damm it EP you beat me to the punch line!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Damm it EP you beat me to the punch line!

...you and a couple others, you turkey!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
#1075 would be nice.

#34 no b.jpg

Gentlemen,

Visually, nothing gets it for me like the Ford GT. I might trade mine for a 1960's original but that's it IF I had to give up my GT for good. 0 to 220mph in 24 seconds from my TTGT puts it in a league of it's own as well.

Chip

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my ultimate toy would be a mega yacht....

Attachments

• slide_4.jpg
    slide_4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 135

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Hope you can afford the fuel....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Zonda for me, it’s just got some great lines.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

May I remind you that the happiest days of a boater's life are the day he buys his boat (yacht) AND THE DAY HE SELLS IT? :lol

The old saying that a boat is a bottomless hole in the ocean into which man pours endless hours and dollars is pure gospel! :agree:

Kill Joy Pockets

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hope you can afford the fuel....

No kidding.

When asked what his mega yacht burned for fuel, A. Onasis reportedly said, "Money".

HE ought to know!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have a very nice Grady White fishing boat. (no yacht by any means). The PITA factor of my single boat compared to several cars is MUCH higher. I still love it , however.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
my ultimate toy would be....
800px-AU-1_Corsair_in_flight_1952.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Corsairs are pure art.

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I have a 2005 GT and a 2012 GT-R. Both are fantastic cars. The GT-R is an extremely competent car and I love it.

But NOTHING makes me feel like the GT does.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am getting old. There are cars being mentioned that I am not even familiar with.

For me, I tend to buy American (M5 exception and kid's Hondas). My dad drove me to school
In a 57 T Bird top down no matter the temp. My older brother, a Doctor had a 67 GTO and 71 Vette.

I started with Vettes (many) then Vipers (9) and in 05 lusted for the GT but figured like Vipers they would depreciate and I would pick one up cheap. Yet another example of my business savvy.

Back in 94 when I first got a Viper I had never experienced the type of visceral reaction people had to the car. It was crazy and still is at times. The GT gets a reaction that is like nothing I have ever experienced, both from me and others.

Dodge woke up the car world with the Viper and was responsible for much better Vettes. By 05 Dodge and Chevy had upped the ante so much that when Ford took the heroic measures to produce the modern GT, the HP wars had paved the way to make a true supercar. So called remakes rarely work well ( T Bird yuch) Ford did something we likely will never see again with the modern GT.

Of my cars, if I could only keep 2 it would be my Heritage and VIN 000002 1992 Viper. If I had to pick one......?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I am getting old. There are cars being mentioned that I am not even familiar with.

For me, I tend to buy American (M5 exception and kid's Hondas). My dad drove me to school
In a 57 T Bird top down no matter the temp. My older brother, a Doctor had a 67 GTO and 71 Vette.

I started with Vettes (many) then Vipers (9) and in 05 lusted for the GT but figured like Vipers they would depreciate and I would pick one up cheap. Yet another example of my business savvy.

Back in 94 when I first got a Viper I had never experienced the type of visceral reaction people had to the car. It was crazy and still is at times. The GT gets a reaction that is like nothing I have ever experienced, both from me and others.

Dodge woke up the car world with the Viper and was responsible for much better Vettes. By 05 Dodge and Chevy had upped the ante so much that when Ford took the heroic measures to produce the modern GT, the HP wars had paved the way to make a true supercar. So called remakes rarely work well ( T Bird yuch) Ford did something we likely will never see again with the modern GT.

Of my cars, if I could only keep 2 it would be my Heritage and VIN 000002 1992 Viper. If I had to pick one......?

My GT gets a lot of attention, but nothing compared to my Aerial Atom. That thing stops traffic and produces crowds out of nowhere. To the point that I wait until late at night to take it to a gas station because I dont want to stop somewhere during the day if possible.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Aerial Atom-- apples and......

f4udriver

GT Owner
May 9, 2011
Springfield, Il.
Waldo
I already have one of these
CorsairMakanna004.jpg

My next car will have a 10 or 12 cylinder 10,000 rpm motor. Trying to figure that out now. Not sure what will handle the rpm's but with today's technology who knows.

I always liked the Corvette GT race cars, there is a replica out there but they don't look like they have sold many yet.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
One of the prettiest planes ever imo

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:agree: Whistling Death.

FastFords

Apr 20, 2011
"My next car will have a 10 or 12 cylinder 10,000 rpm motor. Trying to figure that out now. Not sure what will handle the rpm's but with today's technology who knows."

Pretty easy actually. There are a lot of exotics that do 10,000 RPMs. There are also some Japanese engines that do that, not sure what cars though.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo
I already have one of these...
"WF" is -513, The Flying Nightmares. That was my first "gun" squadron. VMA-513 is currently deployed supporting OEF.

Is that your aircraft? It is absolutely gorgeous. Any time you want to trade it for my GT, send me a PM. I'll even through in my wife's Freestyle to sweeten the deal.

Semper Fi,
Waldo