S. Florida GT's & Irma

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A very large storm that created an unbelieve path of destruction. I have power at the Batcave but not at my house. I found a restaurant open today. No more canned salmon for me!!! Gas is scarce

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Gas stations in most of Florida are required to have generators. Problem is the don't have gas. Many grocery stores reopened today somehow, I guess they all have generators too,

Evacuating that many people takes a long time.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Got gas at Costco today in Wellington (WPB). Took all of 15 minutes in line. They're sources are most likely more dependable than the corner gas station.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Happy to hear that most of you came out of this okay for the most part. Hope the power gets fixed soon.

Vince H

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Happy to hear all of our Forum Friends weathered the Storm. Congratulations to All!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Try Parmesan cheese and hot sauce on your ravioli. Is your wife on strike?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Also try adding a bunch of Tabasco Sauce to it. It will kill your taste buds so everything will taste better.

Glad to hear all my S FL friends faired well. Luckily my home in NW FL saw very little rain or winds this time. Usually this area gets the brunt of the hurricanes each year. Have gotten a lot of use out of my generator in the past. I was so happy when I saw it rapidly being reduced to a Tropical Storm as it headed north.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Does anyone have a recipe to make microwaved Chef Boyardee raviolis taste like something other than dog food?
I got your back...your butt may hurt but I got your back...

Attachments

• IMG_9207.JPG
    IMG_9207.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 130

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I live 13 miles West of Ft Lauderdale and lost power for twenty four hours. Fortunately no impact to the cars and property.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well not good news last night from Big Pine Key (eye went over), My friends house, that we have visited every year for the last 10 or so, suffered damage. Lost about a third of the roof. He is making emergency plans to drive down from CT. Still no power, water, or cell coverage of any kind. Luckily pretty much everybody we know did obey the evacuation. Gonna be a while before that area is back on its feet.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Good to hear.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
all ok here, what a PIA though.... time for accordion shutters and a generator....

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
all ok here, what a PIA though.... time for accordion shutters and a generator....

A must have to keep your new 17 GT safe.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Rolling window shutters (Fenster Rolladen auf Deutsch) are ubiquitous in Germany. I don't know why they aren't mandatory for new construction in hurricane prone areas. Don't need impact glass. Great for security too. Improves insulation. Should be good for an insurance discount.

I see them occasionally in the Miami area.

fenster-mit-rolladen.jpg

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Well not good news last night from Big Pine Key (eye went over), My friends house, that we have visited every year for the last 10 or so, suffered damage. Lost about a third of the roof. He is making emergency plans to drive down from CT. Still no power, water, or cell coverage of any kind. Luckily pretty much everybody we know did obey the evacuation. Gonna be a while before that area is back on its feet.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html?fref=gc&dti=1148934105167465

Use this NOAA site to view the damage. ZOOM in tight and you can all the keys in real time similar to Google Earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
db5e9ef758bc7d4fb954ee855647d072.jpg

d24f3cad1f5e3d7dab23801395296958.jpg

My boat on the rocks in Key Largo. The Dock collapsed! Going with a salvage company today to re float it.

I sent my GT to Orlando for the storm. It's fine. Coming home on Monday.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
In spite of the fact that the strongest (N.E.) leading edge of the eye passed over my neighborhood, my home and cars did fine. However, my 40' dock washed away along with 10' of shoreline. I'm heading back as soon as diesel is available and power is restored to start reconstruction.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html?fref=gc&dti=1148934105167465

Use this NOAA site to view the damage. ZOOM in tight and you can all the keys in real time similar to Google Earth.

A huge thanks for the link. I am president of the Naples Boat Club, a mixed use commercial marina and residential facility. We have been without power or communication. I knew we sustained roof damage at our boathouse, but didn't know to what extent. The satellite images showed exactly how much and the extent of the damage. It looks like the structural beams are intact, a huge relief.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
A huge thanks for the link. I am president of the Naples Boat Club, a mixed use commercial marina and residential facility. We have been without power or communication. I knew we sustained roof damage at our boathouse, but didn't know to what extent. The satellite images showed exactly how much and the extent of the damage. It looks like the structural beams are intact, a huge relief.

Where are you located? My boat was in Key Largo. My house in Palm Beach was fine.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Naples