Order Call Friday - what do you want to know?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
My question is: What do I need to do to get on the next "buyers" list?

GTED

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
43.X when up, 41.x when down.

Whew... 91" from floor to garage door when open... maybe I can get a 4 post and stack the GTs. Maybe.

DBK - please check for a PM from me. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2006
Pricing would be nice to know along with what are the options. I have a Feb-April build window and I would like to know pricing. When I called the concierge they would not tell me pricing until its time to order. If Ford has a reason to keep the pricing details low key or out of the public domain (for a little while) then thats OK. Turn10MegaBigBoss, when do we get to drive the NFGT on Forza around Nardo at 220 mph??? Are you going to offer all of the same aero and setting features that are in the car on your games? Is the NFGT going to be as hooked up on the game as it is on the road? You guys did a nice job with our Venom GT in terms of the look and details. However, your guys make the car spin the tires and go sideways at 230 mph which is not representative of how the car actually performs (it only does this at 130 mph). Thanks and looking forward to the video of your call with the concierge. Loved watching your last video. You looked like a kid opening up a new video game on Christmas morning! John Hennessey

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
From our past posts on this forum:

Delivery. Any where you want. Yes, to your door.

Wheels. We don't know if you can order spare set with car. They are not easily changeable as wheel studs are different from CF to aluminum.

Sit/touch car. If you aren't first then at our rally this fall you should be able to do this.

Ed

I was told by the concierge you would have to buy the Aluminum wheels separately like any typical Ford GT part. price not available yet..
Easy way to remember the CF wheels have a thicker flange = Longer studs

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Whew... 91" from floor to garage door when open... maybe I can get a 4 post and stack the GTs. Maybe.

DBK - please check for a PM from me. Thanks.

The new GT is a tad more 43.5" high in normal mode. 50 mm lower in track and Vmax mode. The door swings out 26" and is 67" to the tip of the door when open to it's max height.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The new GT is a tad more 43.5" high in normal mode. 50 mm lower in track and Vmax mode. The door swings out 26" and is 67" to the tip of the door when open to it's max height.

That's great input, thank you. I wasn't considering the upswing doors. (Yes, I didn't call them Lambo). Guess the new GT will always have to be on top.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas

If the door swings out 26" and the car is Already 89' wide - how could you possibly drive it in and open door to get out? Escape hatch door maybe?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If the door swings out 26" and the car is Already 89' wide - how could you possibly drive it in and open door to get out? Escape hatch door maybe?

The recommended trailer for the dealers has a large side entry door

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ugly but true some car haulers climb out the window and I know of one Ford GT owner that had interior damage from that.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
When we shpiped out and back to the Las Vegas rally on Reliable's big orange trailers... yes...the ONLY way into and out of our current Ford GT'S was to climb in and out of the open driver side window....no other way. Carefully.
Andy (ajb)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
When we shpiped out and back to the Las Vegas rally on Reliable's big orange trailers... yes...the ONLY way into and out of our current Ford GT'S was to climb in and out of the open driver side window....no other way. Carefully.
Andy (ajb)
this case is better to have a 5 foot tall hundred pound driver

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle
So... we had to postpone the call until after the holiday weekend. So keep the questions coming.

Sounds like pricing is still something they want to keep under wraps for now - I would assume it is because they will lower the prices in each successive wave :wink

Honestly might be hard to talk about options in the tens of thousands in a video and not come across as a ... well you know.

And John, I will certainly pass your feedback to the team on the car and my only excuse is you never sent one out for me to drive!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I would like to know what sort of horsepower Ford themselves believes can be extracted from their Ecoboost with an ECU upgrade when MPG and emissions it not an issue - :wink

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I would like to know what sort of horsepower Ford themselves believes can be extracted from their Ecoboost with an ECU upgrade when MPG and emissions it not an issue - :wink

Ford has offered through its racing parts division go faster parts for every performance vehicle it has made in recent memory. It would surprise me if there wasn't something for this car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Maybe, but I have a feeling they are wringing every bit they can, getting as much HP as possible (balancing emissions, durability, and heat), I wouldnt think anything would be left on the table, with so much at stake.

It would surprise me if there wasn't something for this car.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Maybe, but I have a feeling they are wringing every bit they can, getting as much HP as possible (balancing emissions, durability, and heat), I wouldnt think anything would be left on the table, with so much at stake.

Good point. Won't stop some of us though. :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The new GT is a tad more 43.5" high in normal mode. 50 mm lower in track and Vmax mode.

So lowered it is 50mm/2" less than 43.5"? I thought it was a true 40" car not 41.5"

Ed

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Mirrors fold. It's under 89" either way. Barely with them out.

I have been visiting Autosport international racing car show in Birmingham this weekend, there was the white NFGT with the launch control interior.
Really a very special great looking car, not comparable to other supercars on the market because of this awesome design. :usa

As I am also quite interested to know overall width of the car, I shot this picture. DSC06875.jpg

I guess that mirrors stand out 3" max, this makes the total width of the car around 85". This should be pretty close.
Folded mirrors should be aligned with the body of the car. My garage opening is only around 90":thumbsup

Thanks to Ford for this beautiful and powerful car!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sounds like pricing is still something they want to keep under wraps for now - I would assume it is because they will lower the prices in each successive wave

The '05-06 GT went through a couple of price increases. That could happen with the NGT.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ford has offered through its racing parts division go faster parts for every performance vehicle it has made in recent memory. It would surprise me if there wasn't something for this car.

It has been stated directly from someone heavily involved with the program ( to protect his Identity won't be named ) that as Andy is correct, they are extracting as much horse power and still be able to offer a 3 year warranty, etc, there's a little left but not much..

Last edited: