Ultimate So Cal detailer and Film

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
First the standard disclosure - I've got nothing to gain from this recommendation....I paid full price & will gladly continue to do so.

After toiling over which film product to install (roadgard, 3M, Venture etc.) I decided to use a new version of Venture the was just recently released. Next I needed to decide where to go. A couple of members from this forum recommended Sean from Ultimate Auto Care in Orange CA. Well thanks for the recommendation:thumbsup

This isn't my first "nice" car...I've been to many high end detailers in Sol Cal and haven't been happy with any of them. There's usually a smooth talker in the front office and a bunch of low paid knuckle-heads in the back with a buffer. Not the case at Ultimate. Everyone I met there was a professional and the shop was immaculate. I brought the GT in with quite a few battle-scars from less talented detailers. Some, from what it appears, supported their body weight with a buffing wheel on my car.:bang As well as a host of other issues. They had it for 2 days and I'm delighted to say it looks better than new. They got out ever imperfection before they covered it in Venture Shield. Which, IMO, has less orange peel than anything I've seen to date. No "milkiness" or stretch marks either. Every time I called (probably too many times) Sean picked up the phone personally to give me an update. It wasn't "cheap" but this is a great example of you get what you pay for.....and, in retrospect, I'd have paid more. No one will touch my car other than Ultimate from now on.....

Also, this should put an end to the debate as to which is the best color for a GT......clearly all black is the way to go.:biggrin

http://www.ultimateshield.com/ T. 714.412.4851

Attachments

• dn.jpg
    dn.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 2dn.jpg
    2dn.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 3dn.jpg
    3dn.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 254
  • 4dn.jpg
    4dn.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 5dn.jpg
    5dn.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Also, this should put an end to the debate as to which is the best color for a GT......clearly all black is the way to go.:biggrin

AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, I thought your red GT got caught behind a tar truck and they were cleaning it up. My mistake.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hope we have detailing services available over night at the rally....

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
hope we have detailing services available over night at the rally....

They do have mobile detail as well. Not sure how many trucks he has but having them come down during the rally is a great idea. I expect you'll be as pleased as I am.

AZTungsten

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 2, 2007
So. Arizona
Wow! That looks great.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Sorry, I thought your red GT got caught behind a tar truck and they were cleaning it up. My mistake.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Sweet . Sean does very nice work indeed.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...I assume you're referring to the best INTERIOR color, correct? :lol

(Why does that pack of cigarettes on your dash have a power cord attached to it? :rofl )

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
...I assume you're referring to the best INTERIOR color, correct? :lol

But of course I am...........................:wink

H

HHGT

I've know Sean for 5 years. He's done 8 cars for me and countless others for friends. He works like a surgeon and is more anal than I am when it comes to detail.

Bony, if you're serious about the detailing during/after the rally, please let me know and I'll try to arrange something with Sean.

Cheers!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I've know Sean for 5 years. He's done 8 cars for me and countless others for friends. He works like a surgeon and is more anal than I am when it comes to detail.

Bony, if you're serious about the detailing during/after the rally, please let me know and I'll try to arrange something with Sean.

Cheers!

Yes, what would be great is to have a complete wash during the night we arrive, I will be driving from Fresno to Scottsdale, then to the Fairmont with the caravan. Then on Saturday night a complete detail before the ride home. All this must occur at night so we can use the cars during the day. I have no idea if DBK has made arrangements or not,... but I am in. Many kind thanks.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I'm in too.

I honestly feel like in the last six months I've finally mastered the art of properly detailing a car (at least the exterior, still haven't gotten serious about interior other than just keeping it clean in the first place...).

Anyway, it took the inspiration of owning the GT to get me interested in doing this task right, and now I appreciate what it takes to do the job thoroughly and correctly, and thus I'm more picky than ever about letting someone else touch it. But the widespread endorsements here have convinced me to let these guys do the work, and it would be a great way to get our cars properly sparkling for the event.

H

HHGT

I left a message for Sean. I wont be back in town till wednesday. I'll report when I get back.

Cheers!

Sam