Thursday February 16th, 2017

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So - can you raise & lower the car as you are driving it or does it have to be stopped or out of gear? Can the car be parked with the engine off in the low mode?

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What comes closest in terms of focus?

Maybe the conceptual F80 (that will never be built by the company that won't win Le Mans while Ford is racing there) I just posted about!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Can we see a photo of the door/start fob?

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So - can you raise & lower the car as you are driving it or does it have to be stopped or out of gear? Can the car be parked with the engine off in the low mode?

Ed

The car has to be in Park to get into vMax or track mode. It cannot be parked in the low mode with the engine off. Also, if you put the car in track mode, the wing raises while stopped, but the wing will not go back down until you are moving at least 15 mph. Someone careless could mangle a hand if it went down while stopped.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow, cool stuff. All of this is very exciting. Thanks for including all of us. So for C&C events I need to keep the NGT running?

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
One thing I have to say is that it cracked me up when I saw some YouTubers ragging the interior as cheap. Almost everything in that cockpit is a one off. The three HVAC knobs, the PRNDL dial, the knobs on the steering wheel...it's all milled/anodized aluminum. For *$#*# sake even the cupholders are! Paddle shifters - same. Dash trim - aluminum. The start button is a beautiful anodized piece that has text that glows. Structural carbon everywhere. This car has a carbon door that has a freaking number in it! I don't what materials these dudes are familiar with if they think that stuff is anything less than comically expensive.

Anyhow, great day. Congrats to the Ford guys that put this thing together. It's insanity.

Now the long grueling wait until mine gets here. :ack

Um... I thought you weren't supposed to be driving in and out of that place,, you better hope the inspector is not a YouTube fanatic !!:biggrin

Cool Stuff !! Thanks for sharing !!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Really like black heritage! Wish it was available as an option in years 2,3 and 4 of production!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I mean, how could it look any better?

Black is beautiful but man, that will be a beotch to keep clean. Perfect for Rowan!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
very nice Dave! don't worry about the nay sayeres especially on youtube. those people will always knock something they will never afford especially the same limp wristed pizza face who couldn't get a 2005/06 into reverse and said the shifter was junk. the car sounds very good! what does Rich have planned for mods on your car !!! lol

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
So you can't shift the modes on the fly at all Dave.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Or you can shift into the other modes just not track and VMAX on the Fly.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
If you have the car in low mode and you're pulling up to a drive and you need to raise the car you have to stop to do it?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, I think the front lifter functionality works at low speeds. I'll have to double check. I'm just certain you can't do the full drop unless the car is stopped and dial turned to P, which makes sense when you see how ridiculously slammed the whole car is.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
One thing I have to say is that it cracked me up when I saw some YouTubers ragging the interior as cheap. Almost everything in that cockpit is a one off. The three HVAC knobs, the PRNDL dial, the knobs on the steering wheel...it's all milled/anodized aluminum. For *$#*# sake even the cupholders are! Paddle shifters - same. Dash trim - aluminum. The start button is a beautiful anodized piece that has text that glows. Structural carbon everywhere. This car has a carbon door that has a freaking number in it! I don't what materials these dudes are familiar with if they think that stuff is anything less than comically expensive.

Anyhow, great day. Congrats to the Ford guys that put this thing together. It's insanity.

My guess is it's people just assuming that because it's "just a Ford" that it will have a cheap interior, or because it isn't has grandiose as say, a Pagani, that it just looks kind of plain in comparison. You could also buy FIVE new GTs for the price of one new Huayra Roadster, though...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My guess is it's people just assuming that because it's "just a Ford" that it will have a cheap interior, or because it isn't has grandiose as say, a Pagani, that it just looks kind of plain in comparison. You could also buy FIVE new GTs for the price of one new Huayra Roadster, though...

Yeah, but I've actually seen videos of guys IN the car saying it's got cheap buttons and trim. Does not compute. Like, are you actually looking at them or touching them? Probably just pursuit of views.

Then again, people did the same shit for years with the 05/06, which was equally nonsensical.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Yeah, but I've actually seen videos of guys IN the car saying it's got cheap buttons and trim. Does not compute. Like, are you actually looking at them or touching them? Probably just pursuit of views.

Then again, people did the same shit for years with the 05/06, which was equally nonsensical.

It looks like the headlight control buttons are right out of my wife's Focus, though. Or have those been redone in metal, too?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, that is the single carryover item in the interior.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

If I can't have it.. its cheap!

since when you even post about internet trolls anyway? no offense to our Fchat members :)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
"First Spin"... thought I was going to see a donut. :biggrin

Long grueling wait indeed. Seems like a dream.

Same mindset I had before the birth of my first...Is this really happening? Sofa king awesome. :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
No, I think the front lifter functionality works at low speeds. I'll have to double check. I'm just certain you can't do the full drop unless the car is stopped and dial turned to P, which makes sense when you see how ridiculously slammed the whole car is.

Front lift function can be activated any time you are below 25 MPH ,, not available in Track or Vmax mode

Last edited: