NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Not wanting to derail the thread but if this is the first truly open market and well publicized (albeit arguably illegitimate)NFGT sale result , will it be the new benchmark for insurance evaluations? I understand this has been a bit of an issue for some new owners to date. Just curious.

It’s going to be an important data point for sure.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Says it sold for $1.8 million. Good luck, hope it was worth it.

Was it 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Was it 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8?

$1,815,000 all in according to Mecum’s website.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks Cena and Mecum: we’ve seen the peak of the new GT. You interfered with ours rights under the program and set a value that should never have been set until the early cars completed their two years. No one should take solace in these prices.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Something to think about now is there will now be more people who will fill out the application to try getting one of the last round of new GT's. Not because they really want one but how much money they can make. Hopefully there will be a question on the new application asking if you have applied already in the first round and those people will get a one up on the new applicants. There are a lot of well deserved forum members that have posted here about being denied that I am sure a lot of us would love to see get the chance . JMO

Remember the rest of us on this forum are living the dream through the few that get the New GT !!! SO POST MORE PICTURES :club:club:club

Dominic

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks Cena and Mecum: we’ve seen the peak of the new GT. You interfered with ours rights under the program and set a value that should never have been set until the early cars completed their two years. No one should take solace in these prices.

Good points. However, the principle of "Supply and Demand" will always prevail, whether we agree, like it, or NOT. Things are what they are, and there will always be profit-takers, etc. The car is worth ALOT, that's all I can say, and whether I was chosen or not to buy one is another subject altogether. My attitude always was "what will be will be". If they select me to buy one, great. If not, well... I'll just do something else. We can't let ourselves get too emotional over these market prices. This formula has proven to prevail with all the Ferrari special editions among others. In terms of Mecum's involvement, I agree with the judge. I know I graduated from law school over 30 years ago, but they have no contractual obligation whatsoever to Ford. The seller/owner on the other hand......well, we shall see.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I bet this could also effect the 2005/2006 GT value

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Well said.

DrivenGT

Nov 10, 2014
Good points. However, the principle of "Supply and Demand" will always prevail, whether we agree, like it, or NOT. Things are what they are, and there will always be profit-takers, etc. The car is worth ALOT, that's all I can say, and whether I was chosen or not to buy one is another subject altogether. My attitude always was "what will be will be". If they select me to buy one, great. If not, well... I'll just do something else. We can't let ourselves get too emotional over these market prices. This formula has proven to prevail with all the Ferrari special editions among others. In terms of Mecum's involvement, I agree with the judge. I know I graduated from law school over 30 years ago, but they have no contractual obligation whatsoever to Ford. The seller/owner on the other hand......well, we shall see.

Well said, "what will be will be"

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
It is an affirmation of what the car can fetch today...and it will only fetch more as time rolls on. Mecum was under no obligation and had the right to do whatever they wanted to do. Nice to know the day you get one, it's worth 3+ times what you paid!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Something to think about now is there will now be more people who will fill out the application to try getting one of the last round of new GT's. Not because they really want one but how much money they can make. Hopefully there will be a question on the new application asking if you have applied already in the first round and those people will get a one up on the new applicants. There are a lot of well deserved forum members that have posted here about being denied that I am sure a lot of us would love to see get the chance . JMO

Remember the rest of us on this forum are living the dream through the few that get the New GT !!! SO POST MORE PICTURES :club:club:club

Dominic

In addition to the points above, Ford should improve their contract and maybe extend the 2 year minimum. Hopefully it weeds out the flippers and improves our odds.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
In addition to the points above, ford should improve their contract and maybe extend the 2 year minimum. Hopefully it weeds out the flippers

There's an ironclad 2-year security agreement on the car now, starting a couple months ago.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I bet this could also effect the 2005/2006 GT value

Guess it's possible with the NFGT so hard to get. I thought we would see more value in them already.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
For those of the GT Forum Members who are on my FB, I have a shared copy of the exact sale of this GT and the comments Dana Mecum made before starting the sale! I couldn’t copy it but could share on FB. Really Pissed me off, Dana’s comments!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Last 250 only to forum members!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I missed his comments what did he say

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
There's an ironclad 2-year security agreement on the car now, starting a couple months ago.

Yep...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I missed his comments what did he say

Basically "I'm a sleazy unethical piece of shit that is butt hurt my auction house didn't get to sell the charity GT that Barrett-Jackson did." I think that's what the closed caption said on the video, couldn't tell, the font was small, the audio was off and I'm bad at lip reading.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I could care less about what price these traitors sell for. I still have the first car I bought and I have not reason to sell this one...in my lifetime. All I have to do is figure out with my estate attorney how to keep it for generations to come. I wish the price would stay MSRP so other less fortunate forum members will have a shot at one down the line.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
What a piece of fecal matter.

His little dig about "This is America and you can buy and sell what you want" should have been, "This is America...where making an agreement has nothing to do with living up to an agreement."

Oh well, one less auction to consider during Car Week in Monterey.

Last edited: