What have you done with your new Ford GT?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mini milestone

Be more fun if there was a 1 in front of the 37, but then tough to get the pic.

Attachments

• 20180810_091015.jpg
    20180810_091015.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 436

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I like sticker on the bottom of the door.

Decals courtesy of BigInch Blake. First mod!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Yes, this is just a teaser from my automotive photographer buddy's work. More to follow.

Those are stunning,obviously your photographer buddy is extremely talented, but the subject just cant be beat!

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Congrats Andy ...

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle
38th annual Mustang roundup

20180722_085936.jpg

Hanging with Jon Shirley's first customer GT

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Tail of the Dragon.
Done it on 2 wheels. Done it in a storm. But couldn't imagine the fun doing it in a my GT 06 or 19 :) Might drop one at Bristol and do "The Snake"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
View attachment 51547

Hanging with Jon Shirley's first customer GT

Glad Jon got his GT out for this event. Miss him as the vintage races. Pretty epic photo.

Mar 15, 2006
Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.30.51 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.31.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.31.44 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.29.47 PM.jpg

From DreamRide.org last weekend. Dante, our very special friend and athlete, said that he wanted to 'go fast'. The Heritage GT delivered just as he had asked! This is a great event and I highly recommend it to any car enthusiast. Yes, that's the GT next to the 11 Pagani's at the event.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Amazing generosity!

I don't have a new Ford GT... I applied for one but, despite being a lifelong die-hard Ford guy, I did not make the cut.

I have read quite a lot about folks doing some really cool things with their new Ford GTs. There is one owner of a new Ford GT, however, whose generosity has absolutely floored me!

Last month, I was trailering one of my original Cobras to Alaska, where a small group of original Cobra owners -- four of us -- had planned a 2,000 mile driving tour around the Last Frontier State.

I caravaned across the US with Dave Wagner and his original Cobra in his trailer. We crossed into Canada from Montana on the fourth of July. Fred Phillips, a friend in Calgary, had invited us to stop in at his home for the night. The next morning, Fred announced to Dave and me that he had made arrangements for us to tour several car collections in the Calgary area. One of the amazing collections that we toured was that of Lee Miller.

Lee has lots of great cars, but, like me, he has an overwhelmingly strong affinity for Fords. Lee also happens to have a brand new Ford GT -- one that isn't even broken-in yet!

While Lee and I were chatting, he mentioned to me that he loves Cobras. Lee let it slip to me that he has never driven a real Cobra. Being one who tosses the keys to my Cobras around fairly liberally, I told Lee that he was more than welcome to drive my Cobra if he wanted to.

Long story short, Lee took me up on my offer to drive my Cobra. Lee did me one better, though, he tossed the keys to his brand new Ford GT to me! I was behind the wheel of Lee's new GT for about 20 minutes! Lee also allowed Dave Wagner to take a nice long spin in his new GT!

Wow, what a completely outrageous car the new GT is! I was absolutely thrilled to drive Lee Miller's new GT, but now I feel even worse about not having a new GT in my garage!

Cheers,
Lee Cross20180705_205230.jpg20180705_203149.jpg28043.jpg28006 (2).jpeg

Reactions: extrap

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I don't have a new Ford GT... I applied for one but, despite being a lifelong die-hard Ford guy, I did not make the cut.

I have read quite a lot about folks doing some really cool things with their new Ford GTs. There is one owner of a new Ford GT, however, whose generosity has absolutely floored me!

Last month, I was trailering one of my original Cobras to Alaska, where a small group of original Cobra owners -- four of us -- had planned a 2,000 mile driving tour around the Last Frontier State.

I caravaned across the US with Dave Wagner and his original Cobra in his trailer. We crossed into Canada from Montana on the fourth of July. Fred Phillips, a friend in Calgary, had invited us to stop in at his home for the night. The next morning, Fred announced to Dave and me that he had made arrangements for us to tour several car collections in the Calgary area. One of the amazing collections that we toured was that of Lee Miller.

Lee has lots of great cars, but, like me, he has an overwhelmingly strong affinity for Fords. Lee also happens to have a brand new Ford GT -- one that isn't even broken-in yet!

While Lee and I were chatting, he mentioned to me that he loves Cobras. Lee let it slip to me that he has never driven a real Cobra. Being one who tosses the keys to my Cobras around fairly liberally, I told Lee that he was more than welcome to drive my Cobra if he wanted to.

Long story short, Lee took me up on my offer to drive my Cobra. Lee did me one better, though, he tossed the keys to his brand new Ford GT to me! I was behind the wheel of Lee's new GT for about 20 minutes! Lee also allowed Dave Wagner to take a nice long spin in his new GT!

Wow, what a completely outrageous car the new GT is! I was absolutely thrilled to drive Lee Miller's new GT, but now I feel even worse about not having a new GT in my garage!

Cheers,
Lee CrossView attachment 51559View attachment 51560View attachment 51561View attachment 51562

What an awesome story. That was way cool to offer the keys to the Cobra and even cooler that he reciprocated by letting you take the new GT for spin! Don't give up on getting a year 4 GT! You sound like one that deserves another look. Good luck and happy driving!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That is a great story Lee. Thanks for sharing it. A road trip through Alaska in four original Cobras! Fantastic. I tried to buy one of Dave Wagner’s 427 Street Kirkhams a while back. His cars are fabulous.

I’m sure many here besides me would love to see more pictures of the Cobras. The slabside is beautiful.

Good luck on the year 4 allocation!

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Thanks, Awsum GT. I will definitely be applying for a year 4 GT. This time, however, I am going to play it smart... I will not get my hopes up!

You are from Carmel? I assume that you are going to car week. I am here already... I simply dropped down from Alaska with my Cobra. I spend most of my time at the Pre-Reunion and the Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca, however. Nonetheless, I will keep an eye out for that Awsum-looking new GT of yours!
Cheers,
LC

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
That is a great story Lee. Thanks for sharing it. A road trip through Alaska in four original Cobras! Fantastic. I tried to buy one of Dave Wagner’s 427 Street Kirkhams a while back. His cars are fabulous.

I’m sure many here besides me would love to see more pictures of the Cobras. The slabside is beautiful.

Good luck on the year 4 allocation!

Ha, Sinovac, you and Jay Leno both agree that Dave Wagner's Kirkham Cobras are the best -- Jay drives one and LOVES it! Not to hijack the thread, but you should see Dave's restorations of original Cobras!

As this is The Ford GT Forum, and not a Cobra forum, if you send me a PM, I will get you some photos of the Last Frontier Alaska Cobra Tour.
LC

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ha, Sinovac, you and Jay Leno both agree that Dave Wagner's Kirkham Cobras are the best -- Jay drives one and LOVES it! Not to hijack the thread, but you should see Dave's restorations of original Cobras!

As this is The Ford GT Forum, and not a Cobra forum, if you send me a PM, I will get you some photos of the Last Frontier Alaska Cobra Tour.
LC

Please post them in the "Other Ford Products" section. There are lots of Cobra fanatics here.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Please post them in the "Other Ford Products" section. There are lots of Cobra fanatics here.

YES, I agree! I had my aluminum CSX 4145 replica/continuation cobra out this last weekend! Puts a mile-wide smile on my face every time. We would love to see and hear more about your tour.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Was Tom Cotter on this Alaska trip? I have attended his charity car gatherings in Charlotte, NC in my 06 GT

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks, Awsum GT. I will definitely be applying for a year 4 GT. This time, however, I am going to play it smart... I will not get my hopes up!

You are from Carmel? I assume that you are going to car week. I am here already... I simply dropped down from Alaska with my Cobra. I spend most of my time at the Pre-Reunion and the Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca, however. Nonetheless, I will keep an eye out for that Awsum-looking new GT of yours!
Cheers,
LC

I will not have the new GT in Carmel because it is not built yet... getting very close though. My 05 GT is getting a few things worked on so I will be bring my Lamborghini Aventador Pirelli Edition white with black top and red accents. Maybe we will cross each others paths next week.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Was Tom Cotter on this Alaska trip? I have attended his charity car gatherings in Charlotte, NC in my 06 GT

Yes, Tom was on the tour. You may have heard that his Cobra was infamously "attacked" by a grizzly bear. The Associated Press picked-up the story: https://www.postregister.com/news/n...cle_97a0a2b3-39cd-584a-80c0-b3e43d7dd736.html

I have been to a few of Tom's Woody Parties, but they generally conflict with a vintage G.T. 350 Tour that I organize in the fall.

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
Lee,

You can add me to the list of guys that would love to see pictures and read about your trip. It sounds phenomenal.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I will not have the new GT in Carmel because it is not built yet... getting very close though. My 05 GT is getting a few things worked on so I will be bring my Lamborghini Aventador Pirelli Edition white with black top and red accents. Maybe we will cross each others paths next week.

White Aventador with a black top and red accents... now, that sure will be hard to spot! Lol! Hopefully, I will see you there. I will be the guy in the black Cobra with the Last Frontier Alaska Cobra Tour roundels on the doors, or a white 2018 F-250 Crew; depending upon the parking situation.