Shadowman and the GTX-1 Rag Top

Aug 25, 2006
I open this thread so as to insure that everyone is aware that a wonderful rag top is now available for the GTX-1’s.

I know that there is a thread within the GTX-1 section however I fear that many never look beyond the General Discussion and Technical sections as such are likely not aware of this.

Let me begin by sharing that the process to create a rag top for these gals has been a very long one. This project was spearheaded by Steve aka Knight’s Autoworks hoiwever I worked with him for over a year during which several versions were created and tested until the final version was settled on.

The final version is relatively easy to integrate and once in place creates IMO two entirely different gals; as a roadster she is sleek and is truly very unique and then with the rag top in place she presents herself as more of a coupe thus affording one the best of both worlds. This is a rag top with a glass rear window that allows the gal’s heater and air conditioning to be enjoyed as well as a wonderful open air experience and the ability to select between which environment is best takes only a few minutes.

I have had Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster’s in my facility with their less than user friendly rag top and then recently I read the reviews of the new roadster version of the Bugatti Veryon with what they refer to as a rag top that looks akin to an umbrella I simply smile because the rag top as created for the GTX-1 is easy to use, able to be stored within the gal, and once in place compliments the gal when compared to being a distraction which IMO is the case with the offerings for the Lamborghini Murcielago and the Bugatti Veyron.

If there are any questions or I can be of assistance please contact me.

Takes care

Shadowman

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Shadowman has completed the installation of my soft top and I couldn't be happier! Looks great, fits great and I have air conditioning again. Bill, thanks for all the hard work and time, the results make it all worth the wait.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Piana's soft top

Thanks Shadowman - now we won't have to listen to Tom whine everywhere we go!:lol

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman has completed the installation of my soft top and I couldn't be happier! Looks great, fits great and I have air conditioning again. Bill, thanks for all the hard work and time, the results make it all worth the wait.

Thank you for the kind words and you are welcome

You made the processes easy because you remained so understanding as the project unfolded.

Takes care

Shadowman

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Great write up Bill. And thanks for all your help on this project. I know I will see mine soon. Of coarse it will get tested on my trip to TX from Ca.. In my conversations with Steve, he said that he will be one of our supporting vendors in the very near future. So everyone can finally see what he has to offer on both the X1's, and the "normal" cars.

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Bill. Any Pictures? I really wish my car was a GTX-1. They add another +'s to our FGT. Im sure the top solves the top issue and design is top notch as do all your touches.
David

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
lol