One Page Ad in Autoweek July 24, 2017 Issue

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
They could have chose any car to be in the ad.

Ed

Attachments

• Scan 12.jpg
    Scan 12.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 335

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It wasn't an accident and makes sense. The iconic image of the 05/06 is a bridge between classic cars and modern super cars. It is the only car that immediately reminds one of the golden era of racing and poses a serious threat to super cars of today. One of the few cars all enthusiasts, regardless of brand loyalty, know and respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Another reason why I think the 05/06 down the road will pick up more in value is because of the beauty of it inside and out plus having the manual transmission. Way to many high performance super cars aren't offering it as an option. When the 15-30 year olds of today go to buy there first collector car (20-40 years from now) they will be looking for manual transmissions. Nothing matches the driving experience and it will be more of a retro feel to them. This is a whole other discussion I know. :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You dopes, it's RED

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Like the ad, but all I can say about Barrett-Jackson is it is where both the seller and buyer get taken.

Unless you are Craig Jackson or one of his special friends.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Like the ad, but all I can say about Barrett-Jackson is it is where both the seller and buyer get taken.

Unless you are Craig Jackson or one of his special friends.

I take it you've done BJ too? the only ones making real money is BJ. jmo

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Another reason why I think the 05/06 down the road will pick up more in value is because of the beauty of it inside and out plus having the manual transmission. Way to many high performance super cars aren't offering it as an option. When the 15-30 year olds of today go to buy there first collector car (20-40 years from now) they will be looking for manual transmissions. Nothing matches the driving experience and it will be more of a retro feel to them. This is a whole other discussion I know. :)

The 10 years olds, in 2005-2006 who loved the GT when new, are now 22 and still love the GT. In 10 more years they'll be buying 05/06's - because they are their dream cars.

And, as compared to the NFGT's, will be very affordable.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I take it you've done BJ too? the only ones making real money is BJ. jmo

I know two guys who were extremely unhappy with how they (their Auctions) were handled. Both had nearly the same story.

If you have a burn to be on TV and are willing to "pay" for that, then go ahead. Applies to buyers and sellers.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They are all the same making it from both buyer and seller. Mecum is high pressure "in your face". And they make money even on reserve not met sales.