Ford GT Rally 12 *Registration*

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm staying with friends in Jackson Hole during the eclipse. Then on to SLC.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...But , I think the track is under 'new ownership" and the rules may have changed.
I am sure DBK will post the correct details that we will need to know in the near future. (dress, helmet, fire extinguisher etc) andy (ajb)

Oh noo.. don't tell me Californians bought it! Now we will have sound limits & all the other stuff!

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
OMG!!!
Soroush is leaving the state of Texas!
I am so excited that he is joining us!
Excellent!
Can't wait!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'll repost track stuff
Car prep
You prep

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm staying with friends in Jackson Hole during the eclipse. Then on to SLC.

I have a Sarasota/Jackson Hole friend. He says they expect 50-100K additional visitors that week. Coming from all over the world. Hotels/Home/Condo rentals sold out last year.

It may be hard to find a hotel anywhere along the path of the eclipse.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I have a Sarasota/Jackson Hole friend. He says they expect 50-100K additional visitors that week. Coming from all over the world. Hotels/Home/Condo rentals sold out last year.

It may be hard to find a hotel anywhere along the path of the eclipse.

It makes for a long day, but I was planning on driving up that morning. Leaving Park City around 4:30 am would put us there at 10. After the eclipse, a hike and photo shoot in Tetons before heading back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Trying to register and it is listed as "sold out" as "Primary".....so the event has a cap ?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sadly I'll miss the Rally this year :(

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Just spoke with the folks from Reliable regarding FGT transport. Anybody else from the northeast looking to bring their car? If they have better visibility on filling a truck, we can get better pricing.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Just spoke with the folks from Reliable regarding FGT transport. Anybody else from the northeast looking to bring their car? If they have better visibility on filling a truck, we can get better pricing.

I would think Roketman & Specracer would be in on that transport!

Ed

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Is there room for one more....this would be my first.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Guessing Reliable will post something regarding setting upo transports for the Rally. They have in past Rally events.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes, I'm in, you talking to mike at reliable?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I as well as others from the Houston Area would like a quote also to compare with local haulers please.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I as well as others from the Houston Area would like a quote also to compare with local haulers please.

Since this is my first rally, I am curious:

Do most GT owners ship their cars?

I plan on hauling mine. It's about 28 hours & 1800 miles for the trip from my house in Louisiana, but I have an enclosed trailer that I will be pulling with my RV. I normally make the drive once a year anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Andy, Tommy and others having questions on shipping their GT’s to this year’s rally. I have in the past collected a number of zip codes from interested owners to competitively bid transportation to the rally. In discussing repeating this exercise with DBK we think selecting Reliable for this year’s event just makes sense. They have purchased a number of new wider hauler trailers which suite the new Ford GT and in years past recognizing the value of a full trailer of GT’s have upped the liability coverage they maintain for no additional customer charge. Also they are delivering new GT’s for Ford.

As there will be several new FGT’s in attendance this year, selecting Reliable is probably the best fit for our ownership. Watch for a follow-up thread shortly about who to contact at Reliable once the logistics have been worked out.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Bill, thank you for taking point again. Ask DBK, ive been asking if anyone had reached out to reliable yet or not.

I've hauled to some, shipped to some, even have gone carless (wont do that again). My issue is time. If the haul is more than 12-14 hours, I just don't have the time to haul, so I ship.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

I don't know about most, but many do. Many drive, no matter how far. I think shesgotlegs has driven to every rally but one (am I right, Terry?) from Ontario. Quite a few trailer. I will trailer mine. 4,800 miles RT for me.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Yes, I'm in, you talking to mike at reliable?

Yes. Spoke with him today. They do a great job with the cars. We talked price, and he indicated that if he had greater certainty of filling up a load from this area he could probably tighten things up a bit. Once Indy GT (or someone) collects the zip codes, we can probably get more accurate pricing.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Yes. Spoke with him today. They do a great job with the cars. We talked price, and he indicated that if he had greater certainty of filling up a load from this area he could probably tighten things up a bit. Once Indy GT (or someone) collects the zip codes, we can probably get more accurate pricing.

I also spoke with Mike today about shipping from Texas and he expects to have a price list by zip code by the end of this week.