NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Ford's allocation / filtering process with 2 to 3 cars resold out of 250 gives it a 98 to 99% success rate. Pretty impressive. Many more applied than there were cars available. But before you say that ALL the ones not getting an allocation should be first in the next round, remember that SOME of those may have been rejected as possible shrink wrappers, flippers or profiteers. As such, I vote for a new clean application process. Shows dedication, situations may have changed, and the legit applicants undoubtedly have thought of more reasons why they should be chosen.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Something puzzles me. Anyone qualifying for an allocation would have to be already reasonably wealthy. (one of Ford's questions was how would you pay, and I assume using the kids' college fund or mortgaging the house wouldn't do it). So, reasonably wealthy, financially secure, comfortable. If you sell the car for a pile of money you didn't really need, What are you going to use it for??? What could be more fun, more prestigious, than owning this car? Whether you track it, show it, do charity work, drive it, or road trip it. Sharing its history with fans.
Opening my garage door to see my 06 waiting after 12 years and 31,000 miles gives me a lot bigger thrill than looking at the pile of money it cost then or would bring now. That pile would have paled after a very few visits.
The GTs, new and old,and older, all impress me more than a fat bank account, and I gather that to be true for a lot of people, based on the crowds they draw.

Get out there and drive it.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Story I’ve heard is that the original owner is in his eighties with terminal cancer, so he couldn’t care less about the legal issues. Don’t know if this is true.....but if so, he’ll have passed before any legal action runs its course, and of course, sleazy Dana is in the clear anyway.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I applied early in the 1st round and was refused. no waitlist...I deserve one! LOL

Just a friendly observation here. I am affiliated with.. well, nothing.. so my opinion is technically worthless. BUT.. you do have "in wrapper" as a descriptor of one of your GTs which is IMO exactly want Ford doesn't want to see next to a 2017/18/19/20. Appears as if you are taking pride in having it squirreled away.

Assuming that's what you mean.

wrap.jpg

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Story I’ve heard is that the original owner is in his eighties with terminal cancer, so he couldn’t care less about the legal issues. Don’t know if this is true.....but if so, he’ll have passed before any legal action runs its course, and of course, sleazy Dana is in the clear anyway.

That's what I heard too through another source.

Of course a the obvious question whenever someone claims they "have" to sell, whether dying (this guy) or too big to fit (supposedly one of the reasons Cena sold) is -- FORD WILL HAPPILY BUY IT BACK AND YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SAYING FORD GETS FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL.

The answer to why these two individuals are circumventing the Ford buyback is also obvious: G-R-E-E-D.

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
It has upset me greatly that two parties that were allocated vehicles early in the process have already sold the vehicles purely for the gains. Like other forum members have said if we wanted to gain money we would simply not drive our GT's and just wait for the values to go up and then sell our delivery mileage car at some auction. As true Ford ambassadors we love driving our Ford GT's and proudly representing the Ford brand wherever we go, we enjoy the pleasure it gives other people to look at it as much as the thrills to drive these wonderful machines. I must give credit to Ford they put together a very unique application process that is designed to get the vehicle in the hands of people that actually love the Ford brand and truly enjoy using their GT's. Imagine if these car's did not have an application process?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
It has upset me greatly that two parties that were allocated vehicles early in the process have already sold the vehicles purely for the gains. Like other forum members have said if we wanted to gain money we would simply not drive our GT's and just wait for the values to go up and then sell our delivery mileage car at some auction. As true Ford ambassadors we love driving our Ford GT's and proudly representing the Ford brand wherever we go, we enjoy the pleasure it gives other people to look at it as much as the thrills to drive these wonderful machines. I must give credit to Ford they put together a very unique application process that is designed to get the vehicle in the hands of people that actually love the Ford brand and truly enjoy using their GT's. Imagine if these car's did not have an application process?

Yep, what he said!

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Last 250 only to forum members!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
👍

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
Perhaps that Sam Li guy will buy it and bring his total of NFGT's to SIX!!!

I guess I'm not in the loop on current events.... so how does this Sam Li guy get so many NFGT's? Just curious more than anything....

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The answer to why these two individuals are circumventing the Ford buyback is also obvious: G-R-E-E-D.

Totally agree, wasn’t defending or justifying their actions in any way. In my world a contract is a contract

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Could Ford just say" sure we will do the warranty work...........when we can get to it" ;) And Chip...can you and I get one of those F-14 things, re-re reverse forward engineer it and teach each other how to fly it????:facepalm::facepalm:

I could teach you how to fly it :)

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Totally agree, wasn’t defending or justifying their actions in any way. In my world a contract is a contract

No worries. Wasn’t replying to you specifically. Just a general statement to address all the folks who want to defend these guys by saying “what if things change?”

Things can certainly change. And Ford is waiting when they do.

200mph

Nov 23, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Important to note that for the initial run of NFGT's the no-sale provision was not attached to the CAR, but was a promise made by each BUYER to Ford (at least twice) during the application and ordering process.
Despite what language his dealer purchase contract may or may not contain (see the Jalopnik.com story for details), John Cena broke his promise to Ford. The legal system will get to decide if his promise was legally binding.

On this Mecum car, it appears the seller/consignor was not this NFGT's original owner. If true, this consignor made no such promise. Neither he nor Mecum were subject to any no-sale provision. The question that remains is: Did the consignor acquire the car legally?
If its original owner violated a legal contract with Ford by selling the car, and if the consignor knew that, the sale could be unwound, though the process would take months if not years.

Finally, it is somewhat telling that such a rare, high interest, high visibility car would not be featured nor even appear during the televised auction coverage. The TV network didn't just "happen" to be in commercial when it rolled across the block. Hmmm.

Following the Cena debacle, Ford uses the representations made in the buyer application/ordering process to place a lien on each NFGT at purchase. That attaches the no-sale provision to each CAR, and not just to the buyer. That tightens things up greatly.

I support Ford's efforts and great lengths they've gone to try and get NFGT's into the hands of owners who will drive and enjoy them.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The car was a featured car on their website, heavily advertised there . I’ve got no time for those jackasses and hope all three parties get embroiled in the mess— after the capital gains tax is paid.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Important to note that for the initial run of NFGT's the no-sale provision was not attached to the CAR, but was a promise made by each BUYER to Ford (at least twice) during the application and ordering process.
Despite what language his dealer purchase contract may or may not contain (see the Jalopnik.com story for details), John Cena broke his promise to Ford. The legal system will get to decide if his promise was legally binding.

On this Mecum car, it appears the seller/consignor was not this NFGT's original owner. If true, this consignor made no such promise. Neither he nor Mecum were subject to any no-sale provision. The question that remains is: Did the consignor acquire the car legally?
If its original owner violated a legal contract with Ford by selling the car, and if the consignor knew that, the sale could be unwound, though the process would take months if not years.

Finally, it is somewhat telling that such a rare, high interest, high visibility car would not be featured nor even appear during the televised auction coverage. The TV network didn't just "happen" to be in commercial when it rolled across the block. Hmmm.

Following the Cena debacle, Ford uses the representations made in the buyer application/ordering process to place a lien on each NFGT at purchase. That attaches the no-sale provision to each CAR, and not just to the buyer. That tightens things up greatly.

I support Ford's efforts and great lengths they've gone to try and get NFGT's into the hands of owners who will drive and enjoy them.

You know things. :wink

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
For those of you who were at the Mecum Auction and watched the Ford GT being sold might have recognized the Consignor who followed the GT to the block, raised the engine compartment, and stood under the auction stand during the sale and actually released the reserve to Dana Mecum once it reached 1.7 M. Other attendees called me and told me his name is Mike Flynn who Owners Hollywood Auction Co. in Seminole, Florida. He supposedly purchased the GT from the original Owner last month and has been shopping it around to numerous Auction company’s in order to sell it. Name of the purchaser has not surfaced as yet but surely will.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal

Great explanation. Thanks for sharing!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I could teach you how to fly it :)
PM

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hats off to Ford for their galant effort to keep the new GTin the hands of real passionate GT car guys

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Hats off to Ford for their galant effort to keep the new GTin the hands of real passionate GT car guys

Absolutely! They are batting .990 plus. I would love to be have a success rate like that.