Ouch! But deserved...

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
This thread reminds me of a deposition I took in a case involving a commercial real estate deal gone bad.

Q: Why didn’t you honor the terms of the agreement?
A: I didn’t feel like it.

Yeah, that guy got what he deserved too.

I think that sums it up!!! NO need to discuss any further!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I just hope, by this experience, Ford will give the last round of allocations to our GT brethren who did get one in the first round!

Me too! Sadly, there are still more of us who want cars than there are cars available...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Me too! Sadly, there are still more of us who want cars than there are cars available...

Ditto gentlemen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I just hope, by this experience, Ford will give the last round of allocations to our GT brethren who did get one in the first round!

My feelings also

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
There is no perfect selection process which would satisfy all those desiring a Ford GT. At the half-million price-point, prospective clients are not accustomed to “no”. Ford is showing that they were committed and remain committed to get the cars to the correct ownership. Mr. Cena has fame, access to millions via multiple, differing media avenues, as well as 05/06 GT ownership. He also seemed like a true car guy (collection, Auto Geek show, etc…). Thus, he appeared to be a great ambassador to promote their flagship...until he's not. The fact Ford acted swiftly upon his violation of the agreement should reassure the diehard GT fans which did not get an allocation as of yet that Ford is aware of the disappointment some very deserving applicants felt following the initial round of allocations. I’m proud as ever of Ford and I hope this also reassures our peers still vying for those coveted remaining allocations.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Integrity. It’s siimple. You either have it. Or you don’t. Cena don’t. Go Big Blue!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Integrity. If you have to tell people you have it, you don't.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Do we know you bought the car??

Just guessing, but if you locate his no stripe 06 Tungsten car currently advertised by a reseller on the net, I suspect his 2017 is not far away!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
There's a tv news video of it being fueled at a CA gas station. I understand that's where it now is.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think I have the solution for this problem.... cena should pay all the money including the profit back to ford and also pay ford the legal fees. ford should take that money sans the price of the car and the legal fees and give it to the guy who purchased the car, if someone is willing to pay 2 mil for ford Gt, is he not a real fan ? does he not deserve to have the car? however since this person could just as easily be a flipper as well, ford should make him sign a agreement that forbids him to EVER sell the car.(unless back to ford for same price, you can adjust for inflation if you want) if he is willing to keep the car forever and he already paid 2 mil for it then we know he is truly a deserving owner. I would be ok with that scenario.. as for Cena he may not be a douchbag but that was a pretty douchey thing to do. it was a simple lie in your face kind of thing and that some people can come up with an excuse to ok his actions speaks volumes of how part of our society is so ready to make an excuse for every action, its like there is no longer a right or a wrong....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Chips posts are spot-on. I bet I got asked a hundred times this weekend how did I feel about it. Just like the shout out at the racetrack go Ford !

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
so true - I had my Liquid Blue 0098 at Pasteiners yesterday on Woodward and today at ABC Harley Davidson Marine Toys for Tots in Waterford Michigan.
...a LOT of discussion of the Cena / Ford GT issue.
To a person, everyone agrees that Ford needs to go after this issue quickly.

andy (ajb)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I heard some guy in Florida with a white car is in trouble for defacing his car with monster decals.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I'm pissed. Pissed that I didn't get his allocation. I could go on.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Same here. I'm just a smuck from Missouri who has bled Ford Blue for 50+ years. Who gave $1000 out of his pocket to his employees if they would Buy a new Ford product when the excrement hit the fan back in 2009. Still not over it.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
If they cancel someone give me a call. Please.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I heard some guy in Florida with a white car is in trouble for defacing his car with monster decals.

That’s funny Dr. F! But in light of this whole debacle, I don’t think anyone fits Ford’s ambassador criteria better than Stormcat. He’s already brought it across the country twice in 4 months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: extrap

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
There's a tv news video of it being fueled at a CA gas station. I understand that's where it now is.[/QUOTE]

http://www.naplesmotorsports.com/ve...rd-gt-coupe-9e0b35b4996d4cd99df3b1c403570850/

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just my take, but the longer Cena and any other instances like this are a topic, the less likely regular GT dudes are to get cars in the future. You may intuitively think it's the reverse, but I'm not gonna write an explainer on it, so I'm sure people can work it out.