FGT or Aventadore

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Whoa! Is it going to see production?

No. The Lambo CEO stated he did not want to revisit the past and yet they still keep building variations of the Countach. :bored

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Here is a link to 6speed on line.I find the comments interesting.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/263208-ford-gt-aventador-new-post.html

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here is a link to 6speed on line.I find the comments interesting.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/263208-ford-gt-aventador-new-post.html

"The Ford GT's weak spot is the engine(?!), really not special(?!). A supercharger slapped on their V8, which is now 100hp down on the new GT500. If it had a unique engine like a 427SO, I would say keep it, but it doesn't. The lambo on the other hand has a very impressive and unique powerplant. Add in all the other features on the inside and there you have the winner." - The racerx.

"You obviously don't know Ford GT's well. You realize you can put a Whipple on the bone stock motor and get 800 rwhp (you can add twin turbos as well to a bone stock motor and get 1000 rwhp)? Exotic the engine is not.......built very strong it is." - jbsteven.

To which one might add: Put 15-20 lbs of boost on Lambo's "very impressive and unique (stock) powerplant" and see what happens.

But, there's no question that The racerx's stmt about the Lambo mill being impressive is spot on. It IS, IMO.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
There were 2 cars that I had posters of on my wall as a kid and built every model of I could get my hands on: The Countach and the GT-40.

A few decades later, during the rare event when I see a Countach in person I enjoy it for what it was in my mind as automotive art but it looks very dated in person and the newer Lamborghini flagships impress more with each generation but I wonder how they will look in 25 years. When I see a GT-40 or GT, it feels a bit more timeless to me and the curves just don't age. Obviously this is a matter of opinion and many may not keep the car for 25 years.

A wise man during a C&C pontificated that it's all about the curves, not the angles.... when it comes to both women and cars.

Would I turn my back to either... NO

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
It's apples to oranges.

Aventador is great, but will be superseded again and again.

If I'm spending $300K+, the Carrera GT gets my vote.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I agree with the logic of get it, drive it a couple of weeks, sell it and get as much as you can, buy another GT and a couple of other fun cars. Yes it's got awesome performance #'s, so does a GTR. It doesn't "do" anything for me. Cadillac advertisement said it best............."when you turn you car on, does it return the favor?" With the GT (and my NSX, yes it still does!!) the answer is yes!!!!

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
"when you turn you car on, does it return the favor?" With the GT the answer is yes!!!!

Win ^^

New signature. Thanks.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The Aventador is sexy: think its a game changer; old Murci/Gallardo were sitting on a dated design, esp. the back with station-wagonlights/gilled grills.

458 tried to get still away with slapping upside down under-bite diffuser/frown, bug-eye lights and enzo bits...but its too busy and fails.

The Aventador rear is all LED, with trapezoidal surfaces, ducts, integrated edges that are modern.

Just look at the two....one is clean and brawny other is ungainly and awkward.

Cant be a a classic with ugly booty!

see this link....only those without a pulse cant love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-MS7EbA1c

Attachments

• 2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-rear-angel-image.jpg
    2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-rear-angel-image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Ferrari_458_Italia_Back.jpg
    Ferrari_458_Italia_Back.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Win ^^

New signature. Thanks.
My Pleasure!!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My GTR WILL KICK ITS BUTT!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
2112 my question as to production was directed at the Muira.

I can't imagine why they would not produce such a beautiful car. Guys would be tripping over themselves to line up for one.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Aventador is sexy: think its a game changer; old Murci/Gallardo were sitting on a dated design, esp. the back with station-wagonlights/gilled grills.

458 tried to get still away with slapping upside down under-bite diffuser/frown, bug-eye lights and enzo bits...but its too busy and fails.

The Aventador rear is all LED, with trapezoidal surfaces, ducts, integrated edges that are modern.

see this link....only those without a pulse cant love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-MS7EbA1c

It's said a picture is worth a thousand words. 'Wrong in this case. Here TWO PICTURES are worth at least 10K words!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
My GTR WILL KICK ITS BUTT!
The new one, the old one or both?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
2112 my question as to production was directed at the Muira.

My answer was how the CEO responded when asked that question. The comment on the Countach was my opinion.

I can't imagine why they would not produce such a beautiful car. Guys would be tripping over themselves to line up for one.

I wholeheartedly agree. A car to make a deal with the devil to have and drive.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think the Aventador seems like a sweet car. Some of the reviews have been pretty hard on it, but the reality is that most of the really awesome cars now are...too awesome. You get cars like the MP4-12C, Aventador, Turbo S, etc that are mind bogglingly fast, corner like mad, never stop accelerating because of insane transmissions, but then when the guy gets out at the end he says "Ok, now what?" They are appliances for speed that check off all the performance boxes but miss the emotional ones. A buddy of mine sent his 458 to get turbo'd after deciding it was a little too boring and video game like, and that's a car that routinely gets described as having by far the most personality in the class.

Ford GT increasingly looks like the last of the madman era. Big power, three pedals, no nannies, and nothing will ever beat the look. I thought the Murcielago was so awesome when it came out and it looks ancient already, and not in a good way. I would love to have an Aventador, but I doubt I'd be super excited about it 5 years later.

p.s, I get why they did it, but the way the doors operate is, to me, unforgivable. Looks like an aftermarket kit from a Honda.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I still think the 458 tail pipes looks like the hooker in the movie "running man" with the 3 tits......

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you don't want the 458 rear end to be permanently ruined, look away. This is all I see when I look at it:

SIdSloth2.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I recently saw the Aventador in person and it is a nice car, like many of the new super cars. But in my opinion operating a clutch and shifting manually is such a big part of driving a performance car that I can't get into it, or any of the other paddle shift cars. Porsche seems to be one of the few manufacturers who understand how important this is to many drivers, as most of their halo cars have a manual option and some come equipped exclusively with a manual.

As to the question "Aventador or Ford GT", I don't think there is any comparison as the cars could not be any more different in character. Personally, I would feel like a twat driving the "do everything for me but steer" Lamborghini, but that is just me.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If you don't want the 458 rear end to be permanently ruined, look away. This is all I see when I look at it:

SIdSloth2.jpg

Now that is really funny.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
DBK

That ruined it forever

Crab / Lobster eyes