Finally an owner!!! Pics enclosed...

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I've been a big Ford GT40 / GT fan ever since I remember helping my father push a real GT40 into a building to get it into the proper parking space for an event. I remember looking over at my Dad saying this is the ultimate car of all-time. Fast forward 15 years or so and the new Ford GT was announced in 2002... Then the car came into production and available to the public in 2005 - it was a car that I've always wanted. I wanted one so bad I could taste it for quite sometime. I'm sure plenty of you know what I'm talking about - it's a GREAT sickness to have. Well enough rambling and onto some pictures of her:

front_side.jpg

side_view.jpg

rear_view.jpg

And somebody else was happy to see Daddy's new toy...
ella_gt.jpg

I'm thrilled and still can't get over the fact I actually have her in my hands finally. It was purchased from Las Vegas and sent to Carlisle, PA - she arrived at 1am last evening. LIFE IS GOOD!

Cheers,

Lance

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Enjoy in good health my friend!! see you at carlisle, the gt boys are all ready to pop the cherry on that tungsten!:thumbsup ENJOY GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Enjoy in good health my friend!! see you at carlisle, the gt boys are all ready to pop the cherry on that tungsten!:thumbsup ENJOY GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

Joey-

You know I'll enjoy the daylights out of her - I'm thrilled! It's funny you just shot me a message, I PM'd you at the same time you posted.

Cheers,

Lance

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Cherish the last picture, they grow FAST.

Oh and car looks fantastic!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats, she is beautiful,....... the car is not bad eighter:wink

welcome Lance, and yes everyone here know how you feel. we're all excited for you. everyone here remember the first time they laid eyes on their gals. exciting times it certainly was for me. what am I saying it still is:cheers

You will find yourself getting up in the middle of the night and going to the garage just to get another peak and make sure its still there:biggrin I did,

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Congrats.

Its a special car.

It will make you smile whenever you look at her (the car) and I'm sure the baby too!

:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
:thumbsup GT CARMA MY FRIEND, IT GETS STRONGER THE LONGER YOU OWN THE CAR!:biggrin Watch THIS HHHHMMMMM DBK, DBK where are you.....:biggrin:lol gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
I see you are already babing the car..LOL....Man you need to take that baby out for a ride and tear it up!!!
The Tungsten is a sweet ride,I,ve only seen one in the Phx area the last 4 yrs! ENJOY.............BRay

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Lance,

A Tungsten was my first GT also. I didn't take me long to go over 170 in her either. How long will it be for you???? :biggrin

Now you have no excuse for not becoming one of the Suporting Members. :thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats Lance, like Soroush says, 'she's a beaut', both your babe and your car!! It's great to be able to relive our first experiences of the car by sharing in yours!! :thumbsup

Thanks for that, and congrats on your new toy!!! :cheers

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
GOOD LUCK with your to new babys!!!!!!!!:cheers:cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Safety First.

Lance,

Welcome to the brotherhood. This Forum will add immensely to your enjoyment of the Ford GT. As a forum moderator let me be the first to offer you a little advice. Space for luggage and passengers is scant in the Ford GT and I see you're taking advantage of all available capacity. For higher speed drives however, in the 85 mph to 215 mph range, I'm going to suggest that you rig up a three-point harness for your daughter as I believe it will make her feel more secure and will add to her motoring enjoyment with mom and dad. All the best!

Chip

Attachments

• ella_gt.jpg
    ella_gt.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 160

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
That's what I like about this site. The expert advice that so readily available!!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You'll spend the next month or so looking into the garage 2-5 times a day (& night), just to make sure you're not dreaming. After that, it drops down to once a day for a few years. None of us have gotton beyond that yet....

Congrats - :cheers

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:party CONGRATS!!! :party

You'll quickly discover your FGT is all you thought it would be and a whole lot more! :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Well chosen! Mine is identical. See you at Carlisle.

Howard

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You'll spend the next month or so looking into the garage 2-5 times a day (& night), just to make sure you're not dreaming. After that, it drops down to once a day for a few years.

I'm still on 3 a day. :biggrin

Congratulations on the GT - to have wanted one for so long and then to have finally got one is an experience I know well, just in time for some summer fun... :cheers

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Congrats! The vin doesn't end in 406 does it? I sold my car in NY in January when I bought my Murcielago and have no idea where it ended up. Could be it!!!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
VIN 269 - Special thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm pumped - what a great car and it's always nice meeting great people. I hope to meet plenty of you during the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals - I know GTJoey is pushing this event hard. It will be a blast getting to meet everyone and the cars are just a bonus!

Cheers,

Lance

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Congratulations Lance! Nice car, and a beautiful baby too!

Look forward to meeting you at Carlisle.

regards,

Jeff