Thank you Stormcat!!!

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
Even with Brian's busy schedule, he managed to build me a work of art. Those of you that have seen his car in person know what I am talking about.
Here are a couple of photos of what I spent my weekend putting together.

Thank you Brian for all your help!!!!!!

WilIMG_5491.jpgIMG_5505.jpgIMG_5497.jpgIMG_5500.jpgIMG_5511.jpg

H

HHGT

That is very nice.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Big wing. Because Racecar. Very nice.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I am liking it. Good work stormkitty!

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
Very nice!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Beautiful looking addition. I was wondering what the feel was like between spirited diving with a wing vs the GT without a wing? I suspect if this is a pretty new Mod you might not be able to answer this right away. Just curious.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice job Wil! I hope to see her in person at MMP next month.

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
Nice job Wil! I hope to see her in person at MMP next month.

Thanks John,

When I get some time and I get back to FL, I think it would be real cool to send you the win struts to dip and have the carbon fiber look!!!

After all it was you and Rich that came up with these ideas.

Thank you my friend,

Wil

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
Beautiful looking addition. I was wondering what the feel was like between spirited diving with a wing vs the GT without a wing? I suspect if this is a pretty new Mod you might not be able to answer this right away. Just curious.

I just installed it yesterday and could not tell any difference in handling. The angle of the wing is set up for street driving, I know that Brian will shed more light on this topic. When Brian gets time he will work on front splitter.

Wil

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Looks very nice.

Aug 25, 2006
This is a wonderful thread and Brian IMO deserves such comments

Furthermore I looked at his wing when at VIR last year and the workmenship and detail was very nice.

Now as for how it performs; Brian knows as he spent time in a wind tunnel with it.

Takes care

Shadowman

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Very nice. Buy the wing and get the bumper delete kit for free.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
StormCat busy? The guy has been unemployed for years. Give me a break. He tested his wing at a windtunnel before the Rally at VIR so most of the guess work has been solved. Make sure yours isn't filled with kitty litter and rattles.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
This wing is really amazing and gives another dimension to the car. I'm really really liking it

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am liking it. Good work stormkitty!
Shelby,
I like the Stormkitty thing!
Actually I think thats what Brian calls his girlfriends!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Guys, sorry for the delayed response. I am out of the country working on my cultural exchange program. :biggrin
Thank you for all the kind words. And thank you Frank for your typical wise ass remarks which I truly miss.. :bored

Will the car looks Great !! I am pleased to hear you are happy with the end result.

The wing adds another dimension to the aggressive stance of the car. My goal for the aero package was to create a Viper ACR type kit. Bolt on down force for the track and easy to take off when you want minimal drag for the mile events. I designed this set up to replace the bumper so it is almost an equal swap weight wise. It bolts to the bumper post which are actually frame rail extensions and that's when you want the aero load to go.

I worked with Project 321 on the bumper post covers as part of the total concept. If I want to go fast I can take off the wing , keep the weight of the bumper off the car and still have some decorative covers for the posts

I am happy to say I choose this wing based on my research over a year ago. I am happy to see Ford has chosen this same wing for factory install on the New Boss 302 R & 302 S factory race cars. I think it is a testiment to the quality and performance capability of the wing.

This wing has been proven to provide up to 800 pounds of down force with minimal drag. Down force is a variable based on wing angle and speed. You can run the wing at a minimal angle and not upset the balance of the car without the front splitter extension. The aero Down force increases gradually with speed. It is really hard to feel even with a high down force wing angle.

I can feel the effects more on a track with a rough uneven surface, the car feels much more planted and doesn't move around under heavy braking. The addition down force is helpful in the corners and braking zones. I have some good time lapsed photos for the wind tunnel where you can see the car squat from the addition aero load.
Here is a photo from VIR where you can see the front and back tires tucked up in the wheel wells a little more from the suspension compression. I know one guy who had a small incident at VIR. This aero package increases your safety margin and will help keep you butt planted to the Asphalt : )

Attachments

• IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 108
  • VIR 4RC.jpg
    VIR 4RC.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 106
  • plt 3.jpg
    plt 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice job, Brian . :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice job, Brian . :thumbsup

Thanks Ralphie , and thanks Shelby, Dr Frank, Shadowman, John B. and the roketman. I look forward to seeing all you characters in SLC !! :cheers