Comments please

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Due to the large distance required in the garage to open the GT doors i was thinking about using the dollies as shown in the links below to move the GT in and out of the garage , thus allowing easy parking of a car next to the GT in the garage

Has anyone ever used these or anything like these dollies , comments good or bad please

http://www.gotools.com.au/GoJack.htm
http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index.php?PCID=10540

H

HHGT

I've know guys to use them and they like them. A side benefit is the "Flat Tire" syndrome prevention.

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I have two kinds, the original purple go-jaks and some cheaper ones from Schucks. The Go-Jak are just a bumper jack laid on its side, work ok, but sometimes it seems like you have to jump on them. The Schucks ones are hyd, work much better, but neither of the ones I have are wide enough for the GT tires.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The just fit under the car and clear things like the diffuser when you leave it the stock height. Drop it even a tad and you can't get them under the car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A side benefit is the "Flat Tire" syndrome prevention.

How so? 'Twould appear to this old man that they'd subject a tire to 2 smaller flat spots rather than one larger one.

Where am I going wrong???

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The just fit under the car and clear things like the diffuser when you leave it the stock height. Drop it even a tad and you can't get them under the car.

I have GoJacks I purchased about 12 years ago. Just tried to use them today, and the jacks hit the diffuser (mine is stock height). Does anyone know if the newer versions are slightly lower?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have the GO-JAK 4500 as these are much wider with dual rollers on each side of the wheel. They were recommended by another forum member and I absolutely love them. No problems with hitting the diffuser or the foot pump hitting the car. Highly recommend the 4500's

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have the GO-JAK 4500 as these are much wider with dual rollers on each side of the wheel. They were recommended by another forum member and I absolutely love them. No problems with hitting the diffuser or the foot pump hitting the car. Highly recommend the 4500's

Thanks! I was looking on their website - the 4500 seemed like the answer. Appreciate the confirmation. Ordering them tomorrow.......

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks! I was looking on their website - the 4500 seemed like the answer. Appreciate the confirmation. Ordering them tomorrow.......

No problem....I found this set real cheap

http://www.tooloutfitters.net/gojak-model-4500-superslick.html

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Even under your lowered car?

Is that for one corner? Aren't these usually sold in pairs?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aren't these usually sold in pairs?

Yup. Four will cost ya $428.44...+ freight, blah, blah.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Even under your lowered car?

Yes..both GT's are lowered and no problems

As I remember they were sold in singles and you can get the storage cart extra as well

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

I think that 4500 jack listed at Tool Outfitters is just 1 corner, not a pair.

Here's the manufacturer/importer's page - listed at $279 each
http://www.zendextool.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17_18&products_id=165

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think that 4500 jack listed at Tool Outfitters is just 1 corner, not a pair.

Here's the manufacturer/importer's page - listed at $279 each
http://www.zendextool.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17_18&products_id=165

Yes..one corner is correct as I had just about 1K invested including the stand

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the info - ordered two today (my originals work on the front wheels).

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for the info - ordered two today (my originals work on the front wheels).

Arrived yesterday, the 4500 definitely fits much better! Thanks pe2unia for tooloutfitters- shipped fast and saved a few bucks!