Ford GT Future Value>>>>

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I was having a conversation with a friend last night. We are both car enthusiasts and we began discussing
what the potential future value of the GT will be 20 years after. We debated the point quite a bit.

I am posing this question to the members.

Assume a standard 4 option 2005 car with 20k miles and a normal color (white etc..) and not modified. In
great condition. No stories etc.. It is 2025. What is the value of the car.

I know there are so many factors that will go into this and so many things can change. Assume what you
want in your number.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You can predict it with:

-Inflation calc
-Comparables
-Maket premiums/discounts
-Growth rates

ie,

-Currency
-Multiple: multiple (+/-) of MSRP of low production exotics 20 yrs ago & today (min-avg-max) for eg, XJ220, F288 GTO, F40
-Market: +/- premium/discount where market peaked/ebbed '89/'91, '03/'06, '07/'09
-Growth: % rates of blue chips: Sleby (+), Cobra (+), Hemi (+/-), Daytona (-)

On a weighted basis you can create a range. SCM has a price engine that does this.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i could write a book on this stuff.... but if the current rate of attrition continues then i am gonna say at least half a million $......

it is my understanding that over 1,000 of these cars have been wrecked with at least half of them totalled. this rate of attrition will be the #1 driver in pushing the re-sale value of our cars up.

knowing the exact # of cars that have been totalled will be the # 1 thing to determine value in the future.

just like with oil and gold, supply and demand rules......

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who cares !!!

ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF OWNERSHIP!!!
MY 02

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
i could write a book on this stuff.... but if the current rate of attrition continues then i am gonna say at least half a million $......

Careful! I was given the horse laugh about 3-4 years ago when I said a pristine, UNMOLESTED, low mile, no stories GT would bring about a half mill in 20 years or so.

'Might wanna brace yourself! :biggrin

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Like my house in Vegas I don't worry too much about the value of my car because I am not ever going to sell. The experiences I have with this car far outweigh what it may be worth. Driving this car has been a blast from start to finish. I know understand why many members have more than one.

A better version of this oft asked question would be what will a modded GT (Upgraded SC, TT or cosmetic mods) in great condition be worth.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I could kick myself for not buying a Jaguar XJ220 in 2001 for $175K. That same year I was offered a Ferrari F40 from a good friend for $225 in pristine low mileage condition. I passed on that one too. Who knows where values will be?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Who cares !!!

ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF OWNERSHIP!!!
MY 02
Kind of agree with this approach, I didn't buy it as an investment, I've almost doubled the 4,000 miles that were on it when I got it the last week of June, I'm sure that's taken a "chunk" of value out of it, but the more miles I put on it, the better my "smile return", and that's what I bought it for. Joy of ownership has a far greater value if you drive it!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
When Kayvan last asked in a poll, nearly half the GT owners that answered on this site had less than 5,000 miles on their car. It's just a hypothesis, but I'd imagine that our sample of enthusiasts has more "drivers" than the general GT owning public. The cars will get driven less, not more, over time. There are going to be a BUNCH of Ford GT's (the vast majority of them) with less than 20,000 miles in 20 years. They made 4,000+ of these. Even if 3,000 are left, that's still 10 times more than say an Enzo.

Unless you have an in-the-wrapper Heritage, I wouldn't ever expect to get huge money for your GT.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Unless you have an in-the-wrapper Heritage, I wouldn't ever expect to get huge money for your GT.

How about Sonic Blue, or the Nardo car, each, one of a kind.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Hey.............Sonic Blue is in the wrapper.........................139 miles....................unless GTJOEY decides to excercise her again.....................for $1000. per mile...........he can drive her to the left coast if he wants...lol

Gino (badabing)

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
How about Sonic Blue, or the Nardo car, each, one of a kind.

Did someone say Nardo AND an in the wrapper Heritage?:thumbsup

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I love hearing about in the wrapper Heritages, when I am ready to buy the virgins will be there

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I love hearing about in the wrapper Heritages, when I am ready to buy the virgins will be there

Virgins are over-rated. I like them with experience and having the knowledge that they can hit the high notes.........you realize I am talking about cars right. :eek :biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I personally prefer my own "harem".

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
$10 million! But we won't be able to drive it unless we change the direction of the EPA!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
$10 million! But we won't be able to drive it unless we change the direction of the EPA!

At that figure I won't need or want to drive. I will have a chaffeur.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i dont know about others but I know how much mine will cost in 20 years. priceless!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Harems wants health insurance these days , dinner & jewelry aren't enough

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just hope that I'm still here in 20 years - to keep on enjoying my gal.