Safety Harness in a GT

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Hey there, I am considering entering the Supersport class in the Mojave Mile next month. One of the requirements for this class is a safety harness. Just having got my GT in December I have not bought one yet or used one in the car. I noticed two mount points behind the drivers seat about shoulder height. Will a harness just go in with the facrtory setup or do I need to ad any hardware to the car?

Mike

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Contact Don or Wally.

http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/the-Track-Prep/Categories

Highly recommend. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You will need the harness bar that mounts to the firewall and a set of seat clips to clip in the lap and sub belts. Wally has everything you need. Six point is probably easiest with no drilling or anything. Wally has belts as well, but I ordered SafeCraft (just go to their website). You might want to consider the SafeCraft fire system, but you need to know whcih tranny cooler sytem you're using.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
lots of info already on the forum

mherman2 - wow, there are so many threads & posts on this subject with photos, instructions, links, etc. Do a search.

Ed

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Here are pics of the set-up I bought from Wally. Very happy with it and simple to use. Looks great too!! :cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_2012.jpg
    IMG_2012.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 370

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
mherman2 - wow, there are so many threads & posts on this subject with photos, instructions, links, etc. Do a search.

Ed

Sorry! I should have thought of that. I worked for Google for 5 years one would think it would be instinct by now:thumbsup

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Call Wally! He has a great package, tailor-made and customized for the GT.
Installation instructions are great; installation is easy and straightforward; quality is excellent.