For the Raptor fans

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford Racing is offering an off road only Raptor for competitive use. Way to go Ford!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11732

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Comes w/ a hell of a price tag...

Stu

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Comes w/ a hell of a price tag...

Stu

Not too $$$$ for a brand new factory race vehicle. It's the $350k motor coach, $300 Kenworth truck and race trailer that boost the cost of racing!

btw how's your Raptor doing in all that snow up your way?

regards,
Jeff

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
This looks like a fun truck. I just ordered a street legal Raptor, so I hope to try off-roading (low key at first), then who knows?:eek

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Way to go Ford!

:thumbsup:thumbsup Ford is doing a lot of things very well, and I am excited for them.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
quit copying me!

Hey Triheart7 - we both have GTs, SHOs & now we both have Raptors on order! You'd almost think we've known each other for 30 years! Actually this summer it will have been 30 years! Let's celebrate by taking the Raptors on a desert tour! We'll drop the ladies off in Reno on our way.

Ed

PS Your GT & SHO are red, your Raptor will be orange (It doesn't come in red)
My GT & SHO are white with a white Raptor soon!
Mmmm...

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Jeff,

Loving the Raptor. Terrific to drive and when the roads are covered, that is when the Raptor really shines. The truck is incredibly stable so far with whatever New England weather has thrown at it(and mother nature has thrown a lot so far).

Stu

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hey Triheart7 - we both have GTs, SHOs & now we both have Raptors on order! You'd almost think we've known each other for 30 years! Actually this summer it will have been 30 years! Let's celebrate by taking the Raptors on a desert tour! We'll drop the ladies off in Reno on our way.

Ed

Mmmm...

Hey Ed. I think you beat me first to both the GT and the SHO. However, I turned in the order for the Raptor first. The funny thing about this is that we never actually spoke to each other before we purchased these cars(and trucks).

Must be we have great taste!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
STU,

I am really wanting a Raptor! Have you had the opportunity to tow anything yet with yours? I have a HD2500 Detroit Diesel now and am spoiled by it's ability to pull the car trailer loaded at 70 on the highway without a sweat. Can you give a brief overview of your thoughts so far of yours.

Larry

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
STU,

I am really wanting a Raptor! Have you had the opportunity to tow anything yet with yours? I have a HD2500 Detroit Diesel now and am spoiled by it's ability to pull the car trailer loaded at 70 on the highway without a sweat. Can you give a brief overview of your thoughts so far of yours.

Larry

The towing capacity is about 7,000lbs, so your Diesel has that catagory down by a long shot. I looked at the towing capacity of the 6.2 L engine and it is the same as the 5.4 L. It is mostly because of the suspension and not the engine size.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Ed

Mmmm...

Ed, didn't you just get a new F150 not long ago? Going to keep both?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Jeff,

Loving the Raptor. Terrific to drive and when the roads are covered, that is when the Raptor really shines. The truck is incredibly stable so far with whatever New England weather has thrown at it(and mother nature has thrown a lot so far).

Stu

Stu,

I'm glad to hear you like it. I really want one but I'm waiting to see if they make a crew cab version. That would be perfect for me.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Larry,

I have not towed anything but from what I understand from Raptor Forum website is the suspension is set up fro the trucks purpose...to be the best it can be when the surface gives poor traction. Accordingly, this same suspension is not ideally suited for towing, or so I have been told.

Paul,

Rumor mill says that after the roll out of the 6.2, there will be a crew cab version. My kids are older so I really do not need that added use. I will say though the the current back seat is roomier than an Extended cab F-150 because the bed is shorter than the extended cab F-150. The bed at 5.5 ft is the same length as the bed on a crew cab and that loss of bed space has helped to increase rear seat room. Passengers in the rear seat are not cramped at all.

Stu

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Your GT & SHO are red, your Raptor will be orange (It doesn't come in red)
Mmmm...

A pictorial line up of these beautiful autos all together would be awesome!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Raptor for Ed

Black Ice - yes, I have an 09 Lariat F150 but it's too tame for me! I'm short on space so I plan to sell it. I did manage to rack up 8,000 miles on it though. Great truck!

Toolman - great idea. I would like to get that 6 vehicle photo sometime this year.

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
A pictorial line up of these beautiful autos all together would be awesome!

I was thinking the same thing myself!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What's a Raptor For?

The Raptor is not a 4-wheel drive truck like the others. It'll do all that mud, snow, rock, hill, try-not-to-get-stuck stuff but it was made to go really fast over rough terrain. 100mph is mild in a GT but try it on a rough off-road environment. Now that's cool!

I bought mine to blast through the Nevada desert. Can't wait.

Ed

Attachments

• 2010svtraptor007_opt.jpg
    2010svtraptor007_opt.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 258
  • ford-f-150-raptor-high-speed-desert.jpg
    ford-f-150-raptor-high-speed-desert.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 255

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Ed posted pictures of our future Raptors.....Cool!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nevada Rally?

Any GT owners (Baja 1000 wannabes) with Raptors want to meet in Northern Nevada this spring for a weekend fun run (some high speeds off-road of course) with me & Triheart7?

Ed

Attachments

• ford-raptor-f-150-high-speed-desert-2.jpg
    ford-raptor-f-150-high-speed-desert-2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 241

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Ed, I can't believe you got a Raptor!

Awesome! I've been missing a 4WD vehicle ever since selling my LR3 and getting the Sprinter.

The Raptor would be perfect. The 6.2L should be an interesting option as well.

Enjoy!!! Looking forward to pics!