Front License Plate Bracket alternative

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I heard the team at GOMINIGO was looking to develop a front license plate mounting bracket for the modern Ford GT.

So, I got in touch with Jason and Meg, and provided careful measurements and photographs to help with development of the bracket, for the proper clearance, look, angle, and fit.

I have zero financial interest in this product or company, just thought those of you that are required to, or choose to run front plates might be interested in another option other than the factory bracket.

I thought all the hardware was nicely finished and solid. And, I'll let the final photos (hopefully) speak for themselves.

Note: The kit comes with one bracket, although two are shown in the fitment picture with all the hardware. I decided to use the flat offset bracket for my install. Likewise, tools shown in picture are mine, although it does come with one basic L allen wrench.

Randy

GMG7.jpg

GMG4.jpg

GMG6.jpg

GMG8.jpg

GMG3.jpg

GMG2.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What was/is the name of the origional outfit that made a 'holder similiar to this one?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What was/is the name of the origional outfit that made a 'holder similiar to this one?

Oh, not sure. Hope it's not a sponsoring forum vendor. If so, feel free to delete my post. I wasn't aware there was already something out there. Just thought this might be an alternative for those that run a front plate.

The good thing is that it made me take the time to really clean out all the front "attached" Texas Butterflies that had so much fun, they wanted to join the GT for the transport back to California.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oh, not sure. Hope it's not a sponsoring forum vendor. If so, feel free to delete my post. I wasn't aware there was already something out there. Just thought this might be an alternative for those that run a front plate.

No! No! No! 'Not even HINTING at anything like that!!!!!!! ANYTIME anyone runs across a helpful lil' goody of some kind he OUGHT to post it!

I just couldn't remember the name of the outfit that ORIGIONALLY came up with this approach.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
t32b had someone make the 1st version of this

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8499&highlight=front+license&page

I have one of these. I don't think they will help in the TX mile, but sure would do the trick for a fix it ticket. :biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I think the issue with the tow hook solution is its alway off center/crooked given that the edge/corner of the opening is slightly curved.

I think the best solution is to maybe make a bracket that fits to the center of that radiator bracket.

That way its centered and aligns with center view, logo, etc.

I think this plate holderwould work with just new brackets