DashDaq OBD2 Monitor

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have had a week to mess with this in a variety of vehicles and like it a lot for datalogging.

The DashDAQ Series II has arrived.

DashDAQ Series II is a product designed for car enthusiasts by car enthusiasts. It offers Customizable Gauges, Data Recording, Diagnostics, Navigation, Performance Calculation, and more all from a high resolution color touch-screen. It Patent Pending technology is so far advanced that competitors will spend years trying to bring their low tech, low resolution cabin monitors to the level of functionality that DashDAQ offers right now.

Drew_page_2_07.jpg

Link for more info on the unit :

DashDAQ | Unleashed Tuning | Dashdaq, Dashboard, Data, Gps

http://www.dashdaq.com/features/whatis.htm

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
So give us some input about the unit's systems monitoring. What will the basic unit tell us our gauges won't? Can we monitor fuel to air ratios? Is it a GPS or do you have to spring for the expensive add ons to get it? Looks interesting.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You can pick choose and log all vehicle sensors, spark advance, fuel trims, FRPS, TP, ETC, IAT etc. It has 2 analog input channels that you can pipe a wideband and or map sensor signal in for boost if you wanted.

GPS is a seperate add on, I haven't tried to use it for that yet.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
More videos of this are in here :

YouTube - DashDAQ Skin Editing Software Preview

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Here's a few examples of different screen setups.

metal.bmp

night.JPG
neon.JPG
sport.JPG
tuner.JPG
metal.JPG

and here's a few examples of all the ways you can setup data displays with gauges, line outputs, graphs, etc.

classic4.JPG
classic1.JPG
classic2.JPG
classic3.JPG
classic5.JPG
classic6.JPG

classic.JPG
classic7.JPG
classic8.JPG
classic9.JPG

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
IAT(inlet air temp) would be very helpful to monitor when driving car aggressively. If the SC makes too much heat and the inter-cooler can't keep up, the engine computer will pull timing.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Agreed! All of the Enhanced PIDs are enabled now so I watch IAT1 and 2 religiously in my car.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
In my car pics :

dd2.jpg

dd4.jpg

dd0.jpg

dd8.jpg

dd9.jpg

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
You said iat1 and 2. I didn't realize there are 2 iat sensors, where are they located?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
IAT1 is measured at the MAF. IAT2 is in the intake and measures the temperature of the air exiting the cooler and entering the CC's.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Thanks

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
No problem at all !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Changed the mounting position again for this although its not permanent and you can route the wires for the unit around the RH side out of site of the driver if need be.

Also note I have a 3 bar Map sensor connected to it so I have the ability to monitor / datalog upwards of 30 psi of pressure. I can put together a kit that includes all of these pieces together for anyone interested. This is great if your running more then 15psi. Plus you can full blown datalog timing, fuel trims, FRPS or any of the OBD2 signals.

I can't wait for the navigation add on that is coming shortly for this unit.

DSC04985.jpg

DSC04987.jpg

Last edited:

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Very nice... does it absolutely require external sensors or can it get most info from the on board ECM?

btw.. what kinda' price range are these things?

mardyn

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Very nice... does it absolutely require external sensors or can it get most info from the on board ECM?

btw.. what kinda' price range are these things?

mardyn

The base unit is $ 675

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72

The only need for anything external is to provide you with an exact way to monitor boost or wide band air fuel. It has 2 analog inputs that you can pipe anything you wanted into it.

More info here :

http://www.dashdaq.com/features/whatis.htm

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
DashDag

You will need a external sensor for Fuel Pressure too!!! OBII only measure the FRPS/Fuel Pressure accross the Imjector.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
There is no need for that at all when you can log the rail pressure sensor and watch the exact PDAI

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Frps

The FRPS is 39.5 psi; and doesn't change, unless the fuel pressure/vollume from the fuel pumps drops!!! If you want to see a actual rail fuel pressure, you need a fuel pressure gauge!!!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The FRPS is 39.5 psi; and doesn't change, unless the fuel pressure/vollume from the fuel pumps drops!!! If you want to see a actual rail fuel pressure, you need a fuel pressure gauge!!!

There are other factors involved in that final calculation but again there is no need for a secondary gauge when you can watch that PID already.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I am beta field testing the navigation option on the DD2 with really good results. The guys at Drew Tech did an excellent job with it.

FYI new pricing is about to hit on these too. The street kit is $ 549 and the Navigation bundle is $ 695

PM or email me for details.

http://dashdaq.com/