How about a Mac Subwoofer delete for us newbies?

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
I have read with great interest the mac delete group purchase from December 2006. I also noticed Ash built 20 and Shadowman shipped 20 of these works of art. Its been a year, do you think we can get Ash to make another production run?

Thanks,

Edson

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Edson, Shadowman has said he would be happy to share the pattern with anyone. Send him a PM. You can either do it yourself, or find a furniture shop to do it for you (or a good carpenter friend).

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mac relocation.

I have read with great interest the mac delete group purchase from December 2006. I also noticed Ash built 20 and Shadowman shipped 20 of these works of art. Its been a year, do you think we can get Ash to make another production run?
Thanks,
Edson

Edson,

20 of us climbed up into the Shadowman/Ash/Mac delete treehouse and then we pulled the ladder up behind us. Everyone else is screwed. :biggrin

I say that tongue-in-cheek but in a sense it's true. The speaker box as I received it was genuinely a work of art. Hardwood, leather, insulation, and wiring, faultlessly assembled and everything fit like a glove. Even with the plans it would be difficult to duplicate without cobbing a few together to work out the kinks via trial and error. And then there is the intangible. Shadowman and his modifications have woven their way into the Ford GT story and its mystique. Like the GT Guys, having Shadowman's work/parts/accessories on your car is a big plus. :thumbsup So if you can pull it off (make it worth his while), convincing Ash to build one more run would be the best way to do it. JMO

Chip

Attachments

• Ash 1.jpg
    Ash 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Ash 2.jpg
    Ash 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Ash 3.jpg
    Ash 3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 365

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
thanks chipbeck and Fjpikul,

I will drop Shadowman a message tonight. I am a firm believer of bribes and kickbacks. Now the question is what will inspire Shadowman and Ash.

Edson

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Chip is right! The Mac delete is one of my favorite GT mods. See if you can get another run done.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd be in this time around. I've done most of the other mods I wanted to and it's time for that ugly thing between the seats to go. It's a rather pricey project if I remember right but it'll be worth it.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I'd be in this time around. I've done most of the other mods I wanted to and it's time for that ugly thing between the seats to go. It's a rather pricey project if I remember right but it'll be worth it.

Yea, I think I might be in too next time... if there is a next time.:wink

mardyn

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If you do the sub relocate you will need to buy a non Mac Center Console. We offer this Carbon Fiber unit as a direct replacement and it's less expensive and easier to take care of that the Ford leather covered job. There are dozens here that have it. It's a great place to collect signatures and the pouch is slightly larger than the Ford unit. The CF is a nice compliment to the seat backs !! I've got some better photos just need to find them ?? I think there are some in my gallery ??

Attachments

• GT Console Prj 047.jpg
    GT Console Prj 047.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 306
  • GT Console Prj 070.jpg
    GT Console Prj 070.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 311

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
If Shadowman and Ash can be bribed to build another run please count me in. I would love to make this modification to my GT. Please advise what it would take to inspire Shadowman and Ash.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I'm interested as well....

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The very first thing I did on my car was to relocate the Mac sub/amp. If I could only make one mod, that would be the one. It's just a hideous eyesore in stock form.

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the kind words

I too agree that in the OEM configuration the subwoofer location is terrible.

Because of the request I will approach Ash and see how he feels about creating a few more. I have gone back to him a few times with this request and it gets harder and harder for me to arm wrestle him but let me see what I can do

Let me know how many people would want one so I have something solid to share with him.

Takes care

Shadowman

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
in

Aug 25, 2006
Alright I have chatted with Ash and have since sent out several PM's

From this end I will always do all that I can however for the time being I will await your responses

Takes care

Shadowman

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Thank you all for the kind words

I too agree that in the OEM configuration the subwoofer location is terrible.

Because of the request I will approach Ash and see how he feels about creating a few more. I have gone back to him a few times with this request and it gets harder and harder for me to arm wrestle him but let me see what I can do

Let me know how many people would want one so I have something solid to share with him.

Takes care

Shadowman

I, too, agree and if you can get Ash to produce something better looking that works, I'm in! Any thoughts as to the cost of this mod>
Paul

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I just installed Brian's (Stormcat) CF console, the quality and workmanship is first rate and helps transforms the interior of the car to rival the Italians. I was using a custom made panel after I originally removed the Mac and of course I have no use for it now. So I'd like to sell this panel which is covered with Porsche leather and as you can see in the picture, it enables me to carry a helmet in the car without taking up room in the passenger side. This is no where as nice as the CF console but I'm selling it for $250 only plus shipping.

65e531c8.jpg

21f60006.jpg