If there are forum problems...

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
DBK, Great site. I haven't used forums that much, and have luckily only experienced one issue on yours, that I'm sure has an easy fix. When registering my car I noticed that when my car's picture came up it was w/o stripes. Unfortunately when I clicked on side strips it removed the strips. When I went to fix, I realized I now own two of the same car, one with strips and one without. Now if I could only find that second car, w/o the strips, in my garage. Is there an easy fix? Please don't send that Martrix guy to my house. Thanks. :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll let SuperB know it's an error. He created the registry for the site :cheers

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Thank you DBK. From the other duplicate cars on the site, I'm guessing I'm not the first to make this error. Thanks for your quick reply. :thumbsup

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Is the sight down or is it me?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
The registry wasn't down, it was a dns issue.
Until that get's resolved, the link to the registry now points directly to the IP.

I've noticed many times that the site is down, but it's usually not down so much as extremly slow. I often get a database error which indicates to me that the entire issue is with the database server being too busy due to hosting other sites.

I'll offer again to host it for free. My sites are never down and are never slow. :thumbsup

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Until that get's resolved, the link to the registry now points directly to the IP.

I've noticed many times that the site is down, but it's usually not down so much as extremly slow. I often get a database error which indicates to me that the entire issue is with the database server being too busy due to hosting other sites.

I'll offer again to host it for free. My sites are never down and are never slow. :thumbsup

Glad to hear this - I thought it was my machine's fault. The site has been almost unavailable to me since yesterday evening - lots of database error messages and time outs!:eek

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'm sure it will get worked out, DBK is just a little to busy with the Rally to invest a bunch of time on the site.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBTGT - remember the paid for banning on the Viper site? Maybe you should reconsider your affection for RED cars!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Posting pictures to Photo Gallery

I'm having trouble posting pictures to the photo gallery. I thought it was because I was too close to the limit for total pictures, so I went in and deleted some of my older pics. Still can't load any new pics (and they're small - less than 100k each). Keep getting an error message like this:

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpVKapoT] [/home/fordgt/public_html/gallery/uploads/286/5-0036.JPG]

Any suggestions? This has been going on for a few months - I noticed for awhile others were having problems, too (could tell by the lack of new photos posted) - however, now I see that others are able to post photos again, while I still can't.

regards,

Jeff

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Same problem I have had. Loading them into a thread seems to work, Just not the gallery.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I'm having trouble posting pictures to the photo gallery. I thought it was because I was too close to the limit for total pictures, so I went in and deleted some of my older pics. Still can't load any new pics (and they're small - less than 100k each). Keep getting an error message like this:

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpVKapoT] [/home/fordgt/public_html/gallery/uploads/286/5-0036.JPG]

Any suggestions? This has been going on for a few months - I noticed for awhile others were having problems, too (could tell by the lack of new photos posted) - however, now I see that others are able to post photos again, while I still can't.

regards,

Jeff

ever since the site got hacked a few months ago i am having the same exact problems as you :confused

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

I used to get the message:

"Sorry, we couldn't find http://registry.fordgtforum.com/"

Found a Bug! When selecting "Mark IV Red" in the "Quick Style Chooser" at the bottom of the page, it somehow disables the ability to get to the Registry. All other choices seem to work OK.

Ralphie

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sponsors Graphics Ads/Links

Here's one - When selecting "Mark IV Red" in the "Quick Style Chooser" at the bottom of the main page, it somehow disables the Sponsors Link Ads at the top of the page, above the menu selections. All other color choices seem to work OK.

Ralphie

PS - I don't mind, as it allows the pages to load faster, but then again, I like to use those links to contact the vendors when necessary.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...yet another reason BLUE is the best color!:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Here's another one - When selecting a person's name on a thread, to get the menu items:

View Public Profile
Send a private message to "Username"
Send email to "Username"
Find More Posts by "Username"

They do not appear when "Mark IV Red" is chosen with the "Quick Style Chooser."

Ralphie

PS - are the Mark IV Red issues intentionally created to harass Dr. Frank?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, they were created to make RED the fastest user color. Keep messing with other colors and I'll start to doubt your sincerity.

acheron800

Dec 10, 2008
Why can't I post in the Ford GT for sale section?

acheron800

Dec 10, 2008
?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are you selling a Ford GT?

acheron800

Dec 10, 2008