Radial Engine For Sale

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I know this is off topic & weird but my bride says I have to sell some of my junk to pay for my car. DBK, I won't be offended if you decide to delete this add. For you guys that like the unusual. I have a rare Guiberson 9cyl radial Diesel engine for sale. Yes, It is a Diesel. This one came out of a early Stuart Tank (early '40's). These engines were also used in some experimental Stinson airplanes and Navy landing craft during WW2. The engine is complete and has the Coffman cartridge starting system (like 'Flight Of The Phoenix' w/ Jimmy Stewart). It has not been run in a long while but turns over. $2500 obo plus shipping from central Kalifornia. Tony Isaak (559)-665-3058 home or (559)-994-8100 cell

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I know this is off topic & weird but my bride says I have to sell some of my junk to pay for my car. DBK, I won't be offended if you decide to delete this add. For you guys that like the unusual. I have a rare Guiberson 9cyl radial Diesel engine for sale. Yes, It is a Diesel. This one came out of a early Stuart Tank (early '40's). These engines were also used in some experimental Stinson airplanes and Navy landing craft during WW2. The engine is complete and has the Coffman cartridge starting system (like 'Flight Of The Phoenix' w/ Jimmy Stewart). It has not been run in a long while but turns over. $2500 obo plus shipping from central Kalifornia. Tony Isaak (559)-665-3058 home or (559)-994-8100 cell

I just gotta know...how did you come across this rare item and what were you planning to do with it when you originally acquired it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I just gotta know...how did you come across this rare item and what were you planning to do with it when you originally acquired it?

motor for a bar stool racer??:lol :rofl :lol

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Wow where do you advertise that? You better go world wide I cant imagine the market is very big. I would love to watch that sucker purr on a engine stand.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow where do you advertise that? You better go world wide I cant imagine the market is very big. I would love to watch that sucker purr on a engine stand.

I'd like to try mounting it on the front of my WACO.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Hi Guys, thanks for the interest. I am a farmer in the central San Joaquin valley of Kalif. After WW2 alot of military hardware was surplused and put to work by the farmers here. I can remember seeing many of these radial type engines being used on wind machines that were used for frost protection in the citrus & vegie industy. This particular engine was used to develop ag wells and was mounted on a self contained trailer. I bought it from a retired well driller whom I have known for most of my life. I am one of those guys that likes to collect unusual stuff and I have the room to park it here. I am a collector of WW2 vehicles, weapons (carbines & rifles) & memorbilia and lots of other Ford related stuff as well. Chris, as far as that WACO goes. I think this thing would bolt right up. The problem they had with aircraft applications was the excessive vibration typical with Diesel powerplants of the time. Now for Bony. This would make a nice cieling fan for your 'Great Room'. It definitely makes for great conversation. I will more than likely put it on ebay or take it to one of our military vehicle meets. TI

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
well... me likey:wink

Attachments

• RadialEngine.jpg
    RadialEngine.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 17,012

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Now that tops it all. Geez Bony, how do you find this stuff? :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Wild! :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Sick:thumbsup . How does the machine gun mount?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
It would sure hurt to get your gonads tangled up in that drive belt. :eek