Super Nova Project Unveiled !!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well this all started because occasionally I go to a local Friday night car show that usually has a big turn out. There are lots of people young and old every Friday night. They come out to look at cars of all types. If you're ever in Ft. Lauderdale it's a fun Friday night activity. Anyway, The GT Engine bay is like a jewelry box and people love to look at it. When it gets dark it's hard to see that master piece under the bonnet so I installed some stealthy white LEDS to light up the engine bay.

The first photo is the underside of the clam shell with the lights off. The White LEDS are barely visible to the trained eye. The second photo is the same as the first but the lights are on so you can get an idea where they're at on the clam shell. The 3rd photo is the open engine bay lit up by the white LEDS. The actual light is better than what's shown. It's enough light to see all of the components but not see the dirt. It's enough light to slide your half shafts in if they pop out :biggrin

So after I finished the white display lighting I had the solder gun all fired up so I decided to keep going....You've all seen the nuclear project well this thing's gone Super Nova !!!..........:banana Picture 4 & 5

Attachments

• Light Projects 001.jpg
    Light Projects 001.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Light Projects 002.jpg
    Light Projects 002.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Light Projects 003.jpg
    Light Projects 003.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Light Projects 040.jpg
    Light Projects 040.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 544
  • Light Projects 027.jpg
    Light Projects 027.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 554

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
More Super Nova Photos !!

I know , I know I can hear the ricer comments already.. You think I care!! :biggrin !!:biggrin Oh and some are going to say it's not legal. I've been running them at night. I've had cops next to me and behind me, they didn't even look twice.. I know this is not for everyone but It really shows off the GT air flow openings which are a work of art and proudly displayed with lights!!! I would reserve judgement until you see it in person. The general public is attracted to those lights like bugs to insect lights in July !!

The lighting is very subtle not overwhelming. The last photo really highlights the GT Structure & supports.

Attachments

• Light Projects 042.jpg
    Light Projects 042.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Light Projects 043.jpg
    Light Projects 043.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 529
  • Light Projects 047.jpg
    Light Projects 047.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 537
  • Light Projects 048.jpg
    Light Projects 048.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I know , I know I can hear the ricer comments already.. You think I care!! No or I would have posted !!:biggrin I think your're just jealous...:thumbsup Oh and some are going to say it's not legal. I've been running them at night. I've had cops next to me and behind me, they didn't even look twice.. I know this is not for everyone but It really shows off the GT air flow openings which are a work of art and proudly displayed with lights!!! I would reserve judgement until you see it in person. The general public is attracted to those lights like bugs to insect lights in July !!

The lighting is very subtle not overwhelming. The last photo really highlights the GT Structure & supports.
STORMCAT,

I agree, nice work! The GT is also "ART"... Jay

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There's a "Man in Blue" here locally who'd just L-U-V to see either of you guys drive your GT's into town! If he got the chance, this jerk would ticket his own mother for having a tail light out. He most ASSUREDLY would ticket YOU, solely because you're having a little FUN.

When I was a kid, we use to put red or blue (or name the color that matched your car) light bulbs in the fender wells to light up our wheels at nite. 'Actually looked kinda cool. But, the local gestapo put a screamin' halt to THAT. It was illegal to have ANY LIGHTS other than the std ones on your car. 'Still is, I'd imagine.

The "neon" vehicle lights craze died on the vine for the same reason I would suppose.

B4 too long, look for our GT's to be outlawed too because of their "fun" factor ...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
STORMCAT,

I agree, nice work! The GT is also "ART"... Jay

Thanks Jay... I figured you might like this for obvious reasons..:biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Alright, Analog, how are you going to top this? Now I've got one guy on each coast with lights and me in the middle. Looks like I'm going to have put my thinking cap on and start designing my own stuff. Hummmm - Munsters, Dracula, Creature from the black lagoon, an engineer from NC - what kind of horror story or pizazz can I add to my car? Maybe James Bond?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Alright, Analog, how are you going to top this? Now I've got one guy on each coast with lights and me in the middle. Looks like I'm going to have put my thinking cap on and start designing my own stuff. Hummmm - Munsters, Dracula, Creature from the black lagoon, an engineer from NC - what kind of horror story or pizazz can I add to my car? Maybe James Bond?

How about those tail pipe flame throwers like they did in the old days !!:biggrin I'm presently working on side intake missel launchers so don't take that one !!!:rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I really think I need more of a BS protector!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
wow! Are you talking about the Towers get together?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Why can't someone make a working flux capacitor!:biggrin

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
More to come!

fjpikul,

I guess that I will have to finish my "red shift" version, which changes color based on engine RPM and/or car velocity.

Jay :thumbsup

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul,

I guess that I will have to finish my "red shift" version, which changes color based on engine RPM and/or car velocity.

Jay :thumbsup

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

what I really need is to get my lava lamp, and hookah pipe installed in my GT.
Brian, Jay.. Kendall, can you guys form a partnership and help an old flower child out... my friends drive Porsches, I must make amends, got to drive my GT...:rofl

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Well this all started because occasionally I go to a local Friday night car show that usually has a big turn out. There are lots of people young and old every Friday night. They come out to look at cars of all types. If you're ever in Ft. Lauderdale it's a fun Friday night activity. ......

Brian,

I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale, Friday, March 30th, let's hook up. PM me before then to give me your cell number, etc. I think you may have mine. Would love to get together with some of the FL guys! :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How about those tail pipe flame throwers like they did in the old days !!:biggrin I'm presently working on side intake missel launchers so don't take that one !!!:rofl

Brian- You are out of control! :thumbsup :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Brian,

I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale, Friday, March 30th, let's hook up. PM me before then to give me your cell number, etc. I think you may have mine. Would love to get together with some of the FL guys! :cheers

Damn, I am out on the West Coast that weekend. Looks like I'm going to miss you...

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
Stormcat Ft Lauderdale Friday Night Car Show

When and where in Ft Lauderdale are these meets. I would like to make it down to Lauderdale from Boca Raton to see you guys one day/evening.

Let me know.

Thanks

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I really think I need more of a BS protector!

The forum comes with one already, it is the ignore button....

I am sorry Doc, I couldn't help myself.:banana :willy :willy :eek :willy :willy :banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
wow! Are you talking about the Towers get together?
Yes, I was referring to the Tower Shops Event that happens every Friday Night. We need to get the S. FL guys together and head out on of these Fridays!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
When and where in Ft Lauderdale are these meets. I would like to make it down to Lauderdale from Boca Raton to see you guys one day/evening.

Let me know.

Thanks
We'll have to plan a Friday get together real soon! This Friday I have some wedding activities to attend to. I know FL Chris will come down. He gets together with the Viper guys on the First Friday of the month so maybe the 2nd Friday in Feb which is the 9th ??

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We'll have to plan a Friday get together real soon! This Friday I have some wedding activities to attend to. I know FL Chris will come down. He gets together with the Viper guys on the First Friday of the month so maybe the 2nd Friday in Feb which is the 9th ??

9th would work for me. :thumbsup