serial number

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
I am new to the Ford Gt scene and have a few questions. There is an 05 Ford Gt at a dealer and the last 4 digits of the vin # are 1946. Do these numbers mean that it was a late build in 05 and clear of recall issues? What are these cars selling for from the dealers? Thanks in advance.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I am new to the Ford Gt scene and have a few questions. There is an 05 Ford Gt at a dealer and the last 4 digits of the vin # are 1946. Do these numbers mean that it was a late build in 05 and clear of recall issues? What are these cars selling for from the dealers? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is a late 05. Way past the early issues (that were all fixed anyway).

Prices are on the way up at the moment on a number of the cars since they are mostly gone. Look at autotrader.com and ebay for some price ideas.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006

That car was built 10/3/2005... one year and eight months after the first ones were made...

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Thanks for the help, it is white with blue stripes and I offered $155,000. So lets see what happens.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
05 Gt

Sounds fair. Try to do your best to obtain ALL the documentation for the vehicle...ie the Window sticker (mulroney label) , the yellow VIN and ROT tags from the windshield, make sure the battery charger and the car cover are included..I even saved the plastic protectors from the seats 'as shipped'.
Get photos of you taking delivery etc...These cars will all be more valuable in the future with all this original STUFF...

AJB 2006 #0541 BLue/white stripes

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
That car was built 10/3/2005... one year and eight months after the first ones were made...

Do you have access to build dates?

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Thanks for the help, the dealer accepted my offer. I will get the paperwork that was suggested, and I'm sure I'll be asking the typical questions about the car. I will now look for a company with an enclosed trailer.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Where in PA do you live? Dealer name if you are at liberty to devulge same?

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
I live in Bucks county and the dealer is in Virginia. I drove there Saturday and it was 180 miles. If the towing is expensive, I could drive it back weather permitting.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I live in Bucks county and the dealer is in Virginia. I drove there Saturday and it was 180 miles. If the towing is expensive, I could drive it back weather permitting.

The weather can be an issue this time of year of course but if you get the opportunity, drive it home. I drove mine 200 miles home when I bought it and it was a joy. The seats are very comfortable and the ride is surprisingly good. It also gives you time to get familiar with the visibility issues.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Almond is back there at the moment running around the east coast

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Do you have access to build dates?

Yes... yours was built 4/29/2005.

Last edited:

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Almond is back there at the moment running around the east coast

Uh, no he's not Larry. :) He stayed at my house last night and is halfway to El Paso right now headed to Kali. He dropped off Peak's Yellow/Black last night. He's had major vehicle issues and with that and the weather he's behind schedule right now, which is unusual for him.

Furlong, I'm sure he would appreciate the biz if you can wait a few more days for him to get back across the country.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I too drove mine back (from dealer to home)The first 50 miles I was so nervous that my palms were sweating ! Got right over it,and by 100 miles felt quite comfortable

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I too drove mine back (from dealer to home)The first 50 miles I was so nervous that my palms were sweating ! Got right over it,and by 100 miles felt quite comfortable

Yeah same here, first hour was weird (learning the car) the next 470 miles were a piece of cake. If the weather permits you have to drive it, it was a blast. Congrats.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Yes... yours was built 4/29/2005.

Good. Now do you also have access to colors and options? We keep trying to get that.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quickdraw, please, if you can , '05 #1297. Thanks, Baba Lui

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Quickdraw, please, if you can , '05 #1297. Thanks, Baba Lui

6/9/2005

AZGT, PM sent...

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Quickdraw would you mind please '05 #1830

Thanks in advance!:cheers

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Quickdraw would you mind please '05 #1830

Thanks in advance!:cheers

Build Date: 9/8/2005
BTW, your 2005 black, w/silver stripes & decklid accent, mac, lightweight wheels, black calipers is one of only 12 made like that.