I'm locked out!

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I was flashing the computer in the car at my shop with the SCT with the doors unlocked and for some reason they locked behind me when I closed the drivers side door with the key in the ignition in the "on" position and I couldn't get back in. So I tried a Mac pick set I have for Ford locks to no avail then called Ford Roadside assistance and they sent some 20 year old kid out in a pos car with a bunch of slimjims...uh...yeah right...I don't think so...I sent him on his way and went and got the extra key, came back...went up to the car and the fob wouldn't do anything so I tried the key and it will only turn clockwise which would lock the door but absolutely will not turn the other way to unlock the door???:confused ....huh...so I called Ford back the woman on the phone could only tell me how sorry she was and to call back tomorrow and just let the battery run down...I didn't take her advice there and disconnected the battery. I guess I'll call the dealer to figure this out tomorrow unless someone has been through this before, and hopefully the SCT was able to upload everything okay and I don't have to get the ECU reflashed at the dealer.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow, sorry to hear about this misfortune. That is a good reminder for me to leave the windows down when servicing the car.

BlackICE

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
ISo I tried a Mac pick set I have for Ford locks to no avail then called Ford Roadside assistance and they sent some 20 year old kid out in a pos car with a bunch of slimjims...uh...yeah right...
You should edit your msg and remove the reference to the pick set. I see you are in CA and in CA unless you are a locksmith, possession of a lock pick set is against the law!

BlackICE

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Okay I can do that but I have a licensed auto repair shop and the Mac guy sold them to me.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Okay I can do that but I have a licensed auto repair shop and the Mac guy sold them to me.

Welcome to the site Evan, nice meeting you on Sunday! Sorry about your challenges. Glad we will have a place to go with out GT's in Fresburg:biggrin

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
I leave the window down whenever any of the cars are in the garage for this exact reason. My learing experience was with a 4 year old locking the door and closing it. BTW I leave the keys in the ignition in the garage also so they are easy to find.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
No key in the world will get you in if the lock (singular) is broken . I had a regular old key made from the "electronic key" (for lack of the correct nomenclature ) and wired it under the car. This key will unlock the doors (to get to the locked in key) and the unlock the locking steering collumn (if the car needed to be rolled) but will not of course start the car.

BTW: the keys are kind of interesting : the GT does NOT show up on most of the software but the electronic blank is Mustang. Also when you reprogram a key it is inserted into the lock and the "key code" is entered . At this point it could, of course, be matched immediately to the code in the car BUT it deliberately "takes up to 8 minutes" so a thief cannot simply stick in the correctly cut blank and code number and recode instantly. Note the code on your oem key. You may need this some day. If your keys are lost and this code is still on the key, the key is readily copyable and the necessary electronic passcode is ready to ne entered. Without this code and even with a correctly cut blank, the procedure is much more difficult.

All that being said. Im not even sure where my clicker thingy is and I dont think I have ever taken the keys out of the car or locked it. Im just not into key things that beep.

Gerry

Oct 13, 2006
Dearborn, Michigan
the shop manual says, The RKE (remote keyless entry) system will not work with the ignition key in the "ON" position.

Did you get in yet? If not, I will check further.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
there is a tool that goes in the outside of the window and comes inside the window that should unlock the car. I am being vauge (sp) about it but will pm you my phone # if you still need help.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I called the dealership this morning and they had no clue why this is happening. I asked them if there are some resources at Ford they could contact for an answer and they said no and they told me to call the customer service Hotline and register my complaint...uh yeah..that'll get the thing unlocked:confused So, my next move is either to have it towed in or call a locksmith I guess...I'll be back

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I called the dealership this morning and they had no clue why this is happening. I asked them if there are some resources at Ford they could contact for an answer and they said no and they told me to call the customer service Hotline and register my complaint...uh yeah..that'll get the thing unlocked:confused So, my next move is either to have it towed in or call a locksmith I guess...I'll be back

Todd is a safe cracker & locksmith and will help you out... trust his expertise.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Thanks daniel,
I just got off the phone with him and he's going to check into this and get back to me today..:thumbsup

Gerry

Oct 13, 2006
Dearborn, Michigan
I will PM you, but basically you have to use both hands on the key and rotate it countercolckwise. You are actually mechanically releasing the door latch to open the door. Normally, the door unlocks by electrically releasing the latch. I actually tried unlocking a door with the key and the battery disconnected. It was hard to turn, but it did unlock the car.

Also, merely disconnecting the battery and reconnecting will automatically unlock the doors. Unless your flashing the computer caused a problem with the RKE function.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will PM you, but basically you have to use both hands on the key and rotate it countercolckwise. You are actually mechanically releasing the door latch to open the door. Normally, the door unlocks by electrically releasing the latch. I actually tried unlocking a door with the key and the battery disconnected. It was hard to turn, but it did unlock the car.

Also, merely disconnecting the battery and reconnecting will automatically unlock the doors. Unless your flashing the computer caused a problem with the RKE function.

E. Looks like your getting great advise. I do have a shop manual on dvd if that would help you. Cheers, daniel

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Thanks Daniel! I may be calling you on this.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Todd is a safe cracker & locksmith and will help you out... trust his expertise.

You have it half riight Bony, But I am not a locksmith. I know about a lot of it though.

EG I posted your problem to a very popular automotive locksmith forum and am waiting on a reply. Will call you when I get a responce.:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

yes we've all seen what he can do with a little dab of C4:biggrin

problem is that you would at least need a new door

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There was an earlier thread on the same subject and the consensus was you had to turn the key very hard to the left to manually unlock the door. Is there any reason the manual lock wouldn't work if the battery was disconnected or the ECU messed up? I doubt it so I would try the key again a little harder.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
First off a big thanks to Todd and Rich..:thumbsup you guys were both right on!! I tried the key again but this time with a whole lot more uummph and just as it started to flex and I grimaced thinking uh oh..the door popped open so I'm taking your advice Rich and I'll re-align the striker for easier operation and yours too Todd, I'll order a new key tomorrow. A big thanks to everybody who chimed in with some help on this one!!...:thumbsup that's what makes the forum great!!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
yes we've all seen what he can do with a little dab of C4:biggrin

problem is that you would at least need a new door

:lol :lol :lol :lol