HELP - Removing Door Panel

Mighty Noid

Oct 26, 2006
Is there anyone in here that has removed the door panels on this car?

If so can you lead me in the right way on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Wait for a hot humid day and they will fall off by themselves.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Dave

waterboy

Aug 13, 2006
1. Remove aluminum trim ring. It is easiest done using a large regular screw driver. In the top of the plastic "bucket" there are air vent slots. Towards the rear of the door you will see one or two of the retaining clip towers. Place the screw driver behind the clip tower and pry against door to put inboard pressure on the end of the clip tower. The ring should become loose in that corner allowing you to pull the ring free working your way around the ring. Be careful not to let the screw driver touch the plastic as it scratches easily.

2. Remove the screw on the rear edge of the door panel at the top.

3. Unplug the window and lock switches.

4. Using a trim fork remove the first christmas tree accessible through the cut-out at the bottom of the trim panel to allow clearance to the lower door striker. It is critical to start with this one and avoid the temptation of starting at the lower rear corner. If you do it that way you risk bending the trim panel causing a visible blemish in the leather where the cut-out causes a weak point.

5. Work your way around the rest of the trim panel unseating each successive christmas tree retainer.

6. Before removing the trim panel you will need to unplug the tweeter if applicable and the mirror switch on the drivers side.

Reactions: 2112

Mighty Noid

Oct 26, 2006
Waterboy...

Thank you so much!!

That was perfect!

I wish I could give you good points but I see that is not possible on this forum.

So

THANK YOU!!!

:thumbsup :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
or... ask GT CINDY if she does house calls? :biggrin