Windshield Protection Film Group Buy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gentlemen,
Proline Styling is now taking "Windshield Skin" orders for our GT's They are going to give us a discount from today until Dec. 8th. More details about this windshield protective film can be seen on their web site www.prolinestyling.com . For those who want to protect your windshield from rock chips, pits and possible breakage this is a must.

I have been looking for a product like this. I found this company who was debuting the product at the SEMA show. I inquired about a kit for the GT. They did not have the pattern for the GT but they said if I could get enough interested people they would make a kit for us.

The discounted kit price is $125.00 if order between now and Dec. 8th. After that the normal price will be $ 185.00. The kit will include a sqeegee and instructions. They will also give you a password for online instructions. We need to get them 10 - 15 orders minimum before they will honor the discounted group buy. I have already given them my order for 2 pieces.

This is a new product for them. I received a very informative flyer on the product at the SEMA show. To make sure there was enough info for you guys to digest I went to their website last night to see how much info they have on the product. There is a video and some basic info. Today I was told they are adding more detailed content as we speak. According to the flyer one other benifit is it blocks 99% of the UV rays. This product is supposed to be scratch resitant and will hold up to wiper use. I plan on going wiperless and will use a good coating of " Rejex " on the film.

To order call 888 272 9476. Bo Smith has been my contact there. He said that he has made everyone aware of the discount in case he is not in. Just mention the "Ford GT Forum" group buy to get the discount.

For the record I have no financial or business interest with this company , it's just a product that I was happy to find for my GT and wanted to share it with my fellow GT enthusiasts. For those who remember my earlier post the amount is higher then the price they winged at the SEMA show. They had to go out and buy a windshield and it was probably more the the average Mustang piece of glass I'm sure. That being said after purchasing some clear bra products a piece of film that size with optical clarity is a bargin at $125.00 !!

I believe I read that " rick 430 " got a crack in his windshield from a flying rock. Right now that's a major concern for me! This film should give me some piece of mind. I hope this is enough info to get you started on your way to protecting your boy or girl.. I hope all that replied to my eariler post on this subject will step up and make this group buy a success !! ( I have the list don't make me PM you !! ha, ha ) That's about all I have to offer. Proline will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and if you have DSL check out the video and info they have on their site.. Happy motoring, Brian
PS: They will be closed Thurs. TG day & Friday..

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for setting this up Brian. I will put in my order(s) after the holidays. :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
No problem, it took me longer to type the post than anything else ....I'm just a single finger pecker ( say that three time fast ) on the keyboard...

Aug 25, 2006
Alright; here we go

I too just spoke with Bo; very nice and informative. As the result of the conversation my order has been placed.

We discussed several issues including the installation and because these shields are being pre form fit on a static OEM windshield they will be VERY easy to install. I have used this process before on some Lotus and Lamborghini windshields as well with "GREAT" success. Furthermore the company that produces the film for them has some of the most optically clear film I have ever seen.

Now we also discussed pricing and all I can say is this is a "THUMBS UP" product and one that to a person you will "NEVER" regret.

The fact that replacing the windshield on these gals requires "MUCH" work including the removing of the front fenders the "Peace of Mind" value alone will exceed the bargin price of only $125.00.

Bo made it clear that once the 8th of December passes the price will rise; in fact he shared that the normal jobber price (when purchasing several panels at a time) is $185.00 however the direct retail could be even more.

So; it remains my opinion that every one with an interest needs to call Bo immediately and get their order in the "proverbial Q".

In closing; I too have "NOTHING" invested or to gain from the encouraging of this product and yet every once in awhile a "must have" piece comes along; this is one such piece.

My personal "thanks" to StormCat for following through on this

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I singed on for two and will place an order on Friday.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I have owned dozens of exotics over the years and I have put signifcant miles on all of them .... I have never cracked a windshield or had to replace one ..... PD

Aug 25, 2006
davisp said:
I have owned dozens of exotics over the years and I have put signifcant miles on all of them .... I have never cracked a windshield or had to replace one ..... PD

As have and do I and yet it only takes one to spoil an otherwise wonderful event.

I always say; if the shoe fits wear it and if not NBD. I was not and am not stating that one's windshield is prone to damage only that because of the design of the GT replacement is a PITA. Far more so that any of the Lamborghini's or Ferrari's that come through my stable.

Often times "scope and magnitude" plays significant roll and when I consider $125 versus ......... not so much the cost but rather the work involved when replacing the windshield glass on a GT then I stand firm; this is a bargin.

All the best

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
- Shadowman , Thanks for the additional information.

- davisp , for the record one or two members here have already had windshield issues. It's like insurance. You hope you don't need it but it's there if you're unlucky. The GT is so low the windshield is in the direct path of low flying debris.

Note: Proline will be closed this Friday for the Hoilday. Enjoy your Turkey...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sent them an email with my order for one. many thanks for setting this up. here in the valley this film will help. :biggrin

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Sounds to me like you guys are not driving her nearly fast enough! PD

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just in case those of you who are interested didn't see this it's back on top..

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Look at Alfa Sprint Speciale

I too worry about windshields, especially after buying one for a Facel Vega and having it airfreighted and finding a box full of broken glass.
Maybe someone could try putting a tiny shield about half way down the hood, like on the Alfa Sprint Speciale, that would be about 1' long and 2" high to deflect rocks over the windscreen. It could even be detachable. If I was taking a long road trip, I might try putting 2" cardboard on the bottom of the windshield until I got to my location because there's a lot of rocks out on the open road.
(And then there's the buzzard bars the Mercedes team resorted to in the Carrera Panamericana road races after a 300SL ingested a buzzard at speed...)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
bitzman,
This film can ease all windshied chipping concerns .

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
windshield film orders

Guys (and Gals too!):
'Just placed my order with Bo Monday (11/27) for the windshield film. In the coarse of our conversation, Bo said he's STILL "short" the necessary number of orders to do our "$125" production run.
Soooooo, mebbe those of you who intend to get these but haven't gotten around to ordering your's yet might wanna do so???
'Just a "heads up"... :cheers

E.P.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I'll be placing my order today 11/28 for one. Hope he isn't going to give us a short count and come along with a higher price regardless of how many orders he has from us.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I received some PM's on others that will order in the next day or so. We should make the count after today. I will make sure Proline follows thru ,they seem to be straight shooters so I don't see a problem of them trying to pull anything. For the record I just posted the info late Wed. and they were closed Thurs and Friday so were doing ok on the responses. Thanks again for your support. Brian

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I just ordered 2. Hope this will get us over the top......

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I put my order in for two yesterday....George, see you Saturday morning.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
AJK said:
I'll be placing my order today 11/28 for one. Hope he isn't going to give us a short count and come along with a higher price regardless of how many orders he has from us.

I will put my order in for 2 tomorrow 11/29...i have had plenty of windshield issues here in ny.....in fact i broke 2 in one week on my C4...it's not the breakage that bothers me.....it's the knowing that a windshield is not the original that came with the car..... that does bother me .....one of the things that someone might look at when purchasing a used car (especially an exotic) is what was replaced..a windshield replacement is so easy to spot.....thank you for all of the info... great job.......now.. does anyone have a clue what that special rebate number needs to be?

Gino

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
They wanted to presale 10 to 15 units so we should be there with no problem. I'll call Bo on Wed to see when he thinks they can start shipping the precut pieces. As of last week they were still waiting for the windshield to arrive.