My fathers passing and MultiMatic

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi everyone I have been non existent on the forum since last wed night. My father of 88 passed the evening of Feb 6th.
He was a great man and way more than just a father or dad to me. I was by his side everyday that I was able since I was 4 and grew up in the family business working with and learning from him everyday that I could since the age of 7.
Peter Czapka the owner of MultiMatic and his wife were more than kind and supportive to attend one of the visitations at the funeral home.
Both Peter and Jeff Tanis sent flowers as well.
Great guys and more support than I ever would have expected. Very proud to call them and the team at MultiMatic my friends.
For those who sent me separate pms thanks so much.
The healing and remembering process has begun in full force now.

Here is the obituary on him.

PALETTA, Pasquale (Pat)
Patriarch, Founder, Father
It is with profound sorrow and sadness that we announce the passing of our patriarch, Pasquale
(Pat) on February 6 th in his 88 th year. Cherished husband of Anita, beloved dad of daughter
Gloria (deceased) and “his boys” Angelo (Darlene), Remi (Connie), Paul and Michael (Laura).
Devoted Nonno to his grandchildren Victor, Peter, Angela, Alyssa, Lucas, Christian and Melissa.
Predeceased by his parents Francesco and Francesca Paletta, siblings Mario, Antonio, Peter,
Larry, Josie, brother-in-law Edigio Piro, nephew Antony Piro, in-laws Attilio and Argentina Gos,
Vera and Amelio Gris and Joe Gos. Survived by brother Vincent (Diana) sisters Emma (Stan
Felicetti) and Sara Piro (Late Egidio Piro), sisters-in-law Ersilia (Late Mario), Lucille (Late Peter),
Mirella (Late Larry) brother-in-law Vito Oriente (Late Josie), Rosina Gos (Late Joe Gos) and many
nieces and nephews, cousins and friends in Canada, USA and Italy.
Pat was born in Spezzano dela Sila, Cosenza, Italy. In 1949 emigrated to Canada with his family
at the tender age of 18 and went to Port Arthur, now called Thunder Bay. During his time in
Northern Ontario, he went to work at a local hospital, grain elevators and a Safeway store. In
1951 with his family, moved to Hamilton and worked in several of the local meat stores. In
1953 Pat purchased his first animal, and this was the beginning of the empire. In 1954, Pat, his
father and brothers built their first meat packing plant in Hannon. In 1964 they purchased
property at Appleby Line and QEW in Burlington and opened a federally inspected meat packing
plant. By 1983 he built the business to become the largest private meat packer in Eastern
Canada. In the early 1970’s Pat vertically integrated into livestock production by starting a beef
feedlot and crop production to supply livestock to the meat packing plant, becoming the largest
feedlot in Ontario. He also fed cattle in Western Canada and US. In 1967 Pat started the real
estate division which has prospered to owning lands across Ontario and becoming the largest
land holder and developer in the Region of Halton and City of Hamilton combined.
In 2013 Pat was awarded the Burlington Entrepreneur of the Year for his outstanding
contributions to the growth and well being of the community and City of Burlington. From the
early 1970’s Pat’s philanthropic contributions included Burlington Cultural Centre (AGB),
Tansley Woods Community Centre, Paletta Lakefront Park and Mansion, Carpenter House and
Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital and many other worthy causes.
Sincerest gratitude to Dr. Danny Sapir, for his compassion and understanding, and going beyond
the call of duty. Thanks to the staff at the Dialysis Centres at both Burlington and Oakville.
Thanks to the emergency and ICU staff at Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital for their care and
attention during his visits. Special thanks to Eric Vandewall and Anissa Hillborn. Special thanks
and appreciation to Pat’s PSWs Janet, Janina, Henry, Leelanee, Marjorie, Martha and Ronda.
Visitation at Smith’s Funeral Home, 1167 Guelph Line, Burlington, on Saturday, February 9 th
from 3-9 p.m. and Sunday, February 10 th from 2-5 and 7-9 p.m. Rosary on Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass on Monday, February 11 at 10:30 a.m. at St. John’s Roman Catholic Church, 2016
Blairholm Ave., Burlington. Interment at Our Lady of Victory Masoleum in Holy Sepulchre
Cemetery, 600 Spring Gardens Rd., Burlington. Donations in memory of Pat to the Oakville
Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Foundation, the Kidney Foundation, or a charity of choice would be
appreciated.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Pic.

Attachments

• B88579642Z.1_20190208212139_000_G8HG5Q4T.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg
    B88579642Z.1_20190208212139_000_G8HG5Q4T.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 297

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Very sorry for your loss.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Very best to you and your family as you mourn his passing and celebrate his life.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Sorry to hear about your loss.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
A successful, handsome Italian . Lucky family.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Sorry for your loss, what a great legacy

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Sincere condolences..

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My heart felt condolences to you and your family in this difficult time.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Condolences

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What a striking fellow, and such a compelling success story! I am so sorry for your loss.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Condolences to you and your family!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Quite a life story and legacy.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Condolences to you and your family. May his memory, forever be a blessing.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Angelo,
I remember well during our visit you telling us of your father’s story. Great man and father! Sincere condolences!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
So sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family. He sounded like he was a wonderful father, husband and friend to many.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
So sorry for your loss Angelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Your father is in a better place now. Condolences to you and your family.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Condolences and sincere apologies for your loss. Looks like a very distinguished gentlemen.