Ford GT fuel cutoff issue

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
I wanted to send out a special thank you to nota4re aka Kendall and his entire team at cooltechllc. I am extremely happy and satisfied I sent my GT up for service. I originally had the local Ford dealer go though the car but when they came back and said the issue is the fuel modules and if that doesn't fix it then we can look into the fuel pumps that was enough for me to want to have someone else look at the car. Thankfully the fuel modules were not the issue and it was only one fuel pump that was bad. If you want honest reliable service I highly recommend Kendall and his team. I will be sending my GT back anytime service is needed.

Thank you for taking care of her Kendall!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thank you, Pasha. I'd like to think we are modest folks - not necessarily smarter or more clever than a typical Ford dealership but the reality is that we have serviced more that 130 unique VIN GTs. Few, if any, Ford dealerships have had that same privilege, so we simply have a whole lot more experience. One case in point is Pasha's car where the dealership's first inclination was to replace the fuel pump modules and then the fuel pumps. That would have been a horribly expensive and indirect route to fix the single bad fuel pump.

I fielded a call last week from a private car dealership (a very famous one at that) and they had taken a GT with intermittent gauge failures (aka low battery voltage) to a Ford dealership for diagnosis. With no history or experience - or reading of this forum, the dealership made a reasonable assumption that the Gauge Control Module was faulty and quoted ~$9,000 for the module and $1500 for labor to replace it. I told the gentleman to replace his battery and I guaranteed he would be good to go.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a call from a Ford dealership who wanted to know how often the shocks go bad. He had a customer's GT in the shop and the owner wanted all 4 shocks replaced because the ride was absolutely terrible! I told him that sure, shocks will occasionally go bad - typically not all 4 at once (lol), but they go bad by letting go of their seals and there is almost always evidence of oil on the shock bodies. Then I asked him a simple question....... wait for it......."Is the car on original tires?" Of course the answer was yes, of course, the car only has 2,000 miles on it and the tread is almost perfect. I guaranteed him that replacing the tires would solve the customer's problem and I proceeded to give him the details on the Bridgestones as a recommended alternative over the Goodyears.

I could go on and on.... but you can't make this stuff up.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
One of these days I am going to have to take you up on your GT service knowledge. So far my GT has not experienced any issues, knock on wood.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
It sounds like you are a great resource for this group. Nice!

Tomcat

GT Owner
An East Coast buddy of mine bought a west coast car and Kendall took care of any/all inspection/maintenance issues and the car was received in excellent condition.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Top notch team indeed (and that's not just for servicing FGTs).

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I’d be willing to bet almost everything I own that you are smarter and more clever than a typical Ford dealer, but that’s a low bar.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Kendall and Ryan are all that and more. I still need to get my '06 over to them for a couple things. Just been having a good time with the break in miles of the '19.

Vince H

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Kendall interesting info for sure. Why don't you have your location and business name (CoolTech) shown under your name like most members so people know where you are located? Seems like that would be important information for a business. I see the web address is in your signature line, but never hurts to have it in numerous locations.

Last edited:

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
I greatly appreciate all of the help and assistance, having to replace both of the fuel modules and then having the dealer come back and say we need to replace both fuel pumps would have been a very expensive mistake to cover. I am extremely happy I had Kendal and his team service the car!!

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Kendell was kind enough to reach out all the way to Canada to give me support when I had issues with passing e test. He walk me through the procedure and my car passed with no problems.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
<snip>. I could go on and on.... but you can't make this stuff up.
ROFLMAO!! Yeah, I've seen stuff like that too, usually with Porsche dealerships. :ROFLMAO: