Rolex 24 Hospitality

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
I enjoyed meeting some Texas forum members - Doug and Dana, Chris, David, and Bobby and others that I can't recall names now. Thank you for welcoming me to the Ford GT group, even though I am hopeful future owner right now!

As I might have mentioned, the first time I fell in love with a Ford powered car was as a kid. I helped my dad (former Ford styling/design employee 1959-61) restore his 1974 Ford powered Pantera, which I drove (only once) to my high school prom. I hope to take him for a ride in a car that he loves and maybe could have designed had he been able to continue his first job at Ford.

Here's a link to my video if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDC0XNtLEvU

Hoping to keep in touch and see you all next year as a new Ford GT owner.

Cheers!

Erik Strelnieks

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Hi Erik. I’m one of the Austin members with an ‘05 white car. I think there are 7 early cars in Austin. We should all do a COTA carsvand coffee in the future. Rick

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Best of luck!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
4e7abeb55da9aa2802eebd74f175d1d3.jpg

Pleasure meeting you too Erik.

Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
Hi Erik. I’m one of the Austin members with an ‘05 white car. I think there are 7 early cars in Austin. We should all do a COTA carsvand coffee in the future. Rick

Looking like I can make the February 17th event. Maybe Frank (Frank the Tank) will go and give us a ride in his new car!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Erik! Good to see you on the forum! Talk to you at work....Simon

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Does anyone know if Ford is having a hospitality suite for the 24 Hours of Le Mans this June 2019? How does one apply for hospitality? Or is it invitation only basis?

Reactions: McFord

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
Erik! Good to see you on the forum! Talk to you at work....Simon

Ravi and Ken told me about your car and such...

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Erik. Dana and I were elated to meet you. We look forward to some fun in the Hill Country in the near future. Also looking forward to some track time with you!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry I didn't get to meet you! It was kind of an anti-climatic finish to the race:bored

Tomcat

GT Owner
As I might have mentioned, the first time I fell in love with a Ford powered car was as a kid. I helped my dad (former Ford styling/design employee 1959-61) restore his 1974 Ford powered Pantera, which I drove (only once) to my high school prom.

Erik Strelnieks

You can't go wrong with a (FORD powered) Pantera!

Attachments

• Simon and Tom at VIR.jpg
    Simon and Tom at VIR.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 238

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
Erik - it was nice meeting you as well! Looking forward to seeing you in Austin soon.

Best of luck to you,
Bobby

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Erik, I think we met at driveway a long time ago, you had the “boxster” autocross car, no? Good to see you on the forum, and good luck!

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
Erik, I think we met at driveway a long time ago, you had the “boxster” autocross car, no? Good to see you on the forum, and good luck!

Yes and https://www.drivewayaustin.com is a great place to play with cars in Austin!

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
Agree, and TBT!
You can't go wrong with a (FORD powered) Pantera!
AF1QipOMJLx-ABmKNjs6J_DjHTFcrn6FQ5yLYe3RuCnG
AF1QipNCkvQ2XzB1tHOlYp8qPGTbPiSe3rAR0w1xDgD5

AceRacer

Jan 10, 2019
Austin
TBT!

2pobedu.jpg

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Took some huevos to post that!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Hi Erik, We didn't make it to Daytona this year, but look forward to meeting in the near future. I'm here in Austin and as Rick Mustang suggested, a gathering is in order.

Took some huevos to post that!

Mas Huevos! I had a terrible shredder accident and any like photos were tragically destroyed....

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Mas Huevos! I had a terrible shredder accident and any like photos were tragically destroyed....
Now that it's out there, you better not run for political office!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Does anyone know if Ford is having a hospitality suite for the 24 Hours of Le Mans this June 2019? How does one apply for hospitality? Or is it invitation only basis?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/35108-2019-24-Hours-of-Le-Mans

Ed