2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Old nemesis Tony Vilander just wrecked his GTD Class Ferrari. Adios MF ...

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Well... it looks as if we took a huge gamble by stopping giving away 1st position to fuel antipating red flag. We are in third and all other cars need to pit at least one more time than us for gas if they restart almost assuring win if Westy can stay on track. Let's hope for lighter rain and a restart.

okay, correction, apparently Ganassi is saying the rules state the car leading on the last green lap would be the winner. If so Westy would be the winner If they don't restart.

I guess not. .. looks like 3rd

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The feed from car 66 shows how bad conditions are

'Never understood the "logic"(?!) behind racing in the rain - let alone in monsoon conditions. It's just plain asinine and should not be allowed. 'Extremely hazardous to both life and limb...not to mention the 'health' of the equipment.

There's a not-so-thin-line separating macho from madness. Racing in conditions wherein one's car morphs into an unlimited hydroplane at any given moment clearly crosses that line.

'Going to my "safe space" now... :eek:ld:

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
ROLEX DAYTONA RESULTS

Ford was 4th and 7th in the GTLM Class. An unlucky day in monstrous conditions ... I mean the weather, not the BoP adjustments.

Here are the overall results.

https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/results/

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
4th and 7th after red-flagging the race for absolutely no reason. If they had red-flagged one lap sooner we would have won.....

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What a day, sure want the "show" anybody wanted. Easy to look back and say IMSA should have done..... (differently). But I think they actually did a decent job managing the conditions as they came. Far from a perfect event thats for sure. I would have liked to see them finish the race.

I strongly disagree. But not going down this path.

'Never understood the "logic"(?!) behind racing in the rain - let alone in monsoon conditions. It's just plain asinine and should not be allowed. 'Extremely hazardous to both life and limb...not to mention the 'health' of the equipment.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What a day, sure want the "show" anybody wanted. Easy to look back and say IMSA should have done..... (differently). But I think they actually did a decent job managing the conditions as they came. Far from a perfect event thats for sure. I would have liked to see them finish the race.

One might look past the ‘weather managment’ topic for a moment and instead take a hard look at perhaps penalizing the driving behavior of the Porshe team. It’s getting old, and sadly it’s enabled by the sameness strategy (BoP) that IMSA has foisted upon the GT. If it’s not addressed, you’ll see drivers/teams taking matters into their own hands. And no, I wouldn’t respond to a black flag anymore either. :wink

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
+1. You should hear the Corvette guys I know complain about the Porsche tactics. They have taken them out more than once.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I’m jealous of you all who went, sounded like an up and down weekend. Sounds like we had some good cars but bad luck with the weather. It’s a long season, let’s go blue!