How much impact will Barrett-Jackson have on the market?

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
Wheels and blue side scoops - $10k to correct at the most. Peel off the horse shoe decals....? You’re in it for $230k including buyers fees ....that seems cheap to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
White car had over 17500 miles when it last changed hands in 2015. Unsure of current mileage. Whipple blower, plus exhaust and suspension mods.

Wheels and blue side scoops - $10k to correct at the most. Peel off the horse shoe decals....? You’re in it for $230k including buyers fees ....that seems cheap to me

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yeah they clearly screwed up on any accuracy whatsoever with the GTX one car
I do think the deal of the auction was the white one that hammered at 200k

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
feet on the ground told me the heritage that hammered for $485K was indeed a Canadian car. it was a consignment car which he did well even with the (10%) commission, yes now 10%. he almost sold that same car a month ago for $375K. Canadian GTs always bring less than US version. (??)
the white with blue everything GT was low for sure but not an appealing car even with the HP upgrades.
the new Shelby was bought by Craig Jackson is why the auction was quick and stopped where it did.
the Toyota 6x6 truck? yuk. looks like a mechanical nightmare to me.
the Toyota Supra? huh? 1 of 1. BFD just sayin

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There is a red GTX1 in Austin.

One in Maryland also as it’s for sale on eBay as we speak.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
White GT did have some mods with limited appeal. Easily corrected to stock. Many GT owners usually remove all mods and return to stock before selling. See photo below.

Attachments

• IMG_4156.jpg
    IMG_4156.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
There was no apparent reason for why cars sold for the amount they did. Lower miles less than higher miles ect. as stated by DBK and others auctions not a reliable indicator of value.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Supra has a simple explanation, over the PA they said that John Stalupi (car dealer) bought the car. His wife was representing one of the befitting charities.

And no, Steve Davis was not describing the GTX-1. Not sure who it was, but obviously un informed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hope we can all agree that after much discussion, auctions continue to represent a unique and often totally irrational moment in time, with little applicability to the real world values of a 4000 unit vehicle, and therefore there's no real reason to get worked up about the results in either direction. As such, we will never discuss them again. And by never, I mean "until the next auction." :lol

At least by next time my long-awaited "Purgatory" section for values and pricing will be up and running.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
feet on the ground told me the heritage that hammered for $285K was indeed a Canadian car. it was a consignment car which he did well even with the (10%) commission, yes now 10%. he almost sold that same car a month ago for $375K. Canadian GTs always bring less than US version. (??)
the white with blue everything GT was low for sure but not an appealing car even with the HP upgrades.
the new Shelby was bought by Craig Jackson is why the auction was quick and stopped where it did.
the Toyota 6x6 truck? yuk. looks like a mechanical nightmare to me.
the Toyota Supra? huh? 1 of 1. BFD just sayin

Did you mean 285 or 485?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
ZERO real world.

Some one bought an automatic "7up" fox body for $40k, and its paint was HORRIBLE.

And a 93R for $132k????!!!!

On to the next auction discussion.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I hope we can all agree that after much discussion, auctions continue to represent a unique and often totally irrational moment in time, with little applicability to the real world values of a 4000 unit vehicle, and therefore there's no real reason to get worked up about the results in either direction. As such, we will never discuss them again. And by never, I mean "until the next auction." :lol

At least by next time my long-awaited "Purgatory" section for values and pricing will be up and running.

Certainly no reason to get worked up, but endlessly fascinating nonetheless. It’s a spectacle.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Why people would sell cars on auction is beyond me. Ford GT Heritage hammered at $485k. The seller only gets 437k and buyer pays 533k. Seems like it's lose-lose situation.

It reminds me of the movie trading places when the Dukes explain the commodities business and then tells Valentine "the good part" Duke and Duke always makes $$$ no matter how well or poorly they do.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
ZERO real world.

Some one bought an automatic "7up" fox body for $40k, and its paint was HORRIBLE.

And a 93R for $132k????!!!!

On to the next auction discussion.

As they say, at auto auctions, the cars are powered by gasoline and the buyers are powered by alcohol.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
And no, Steve Davis was not describing the GTX-1. Not sure who it was, but obviously un informed.

The auction was not yet on the Motor Trend TV feed and I was watching the streaming which uses a fixed camera live on the block. I also don't believe it was Steve Davis since I know his voice, and they mentioned it was a third party. So unless someone was there live I guess we have a "mystery expert".

I still like the looks of the GTX1, but in the end I guess it fits into the category of "a bad implementation of a good idea".

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
"Mystery expert"...
maybe the guy selling it.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Portal labeled: ‘Black Hole’ ?? ;-))

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think purgatory would be more like "Life with Rex. "

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
- Purgatory that has two purposes: a temporal punishment for sin, and the cleansing from the attachment to sin.

We have a room waiting for you Dr. Frank. :rofl

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Rex, not everyone makes it to Purgatory. We may be saying our goodbye's to Dr Frank down here on earth.:rofl