How much impact will Barrett-Jackson have on the market?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
If this has been discussed feel free to remove.

I do not follow auctions much and think they not the right place to at least sell a car, but I don't remember seeing this many 05/06s at BJ.

By my count there are five 05/06s including a GTX-1. There are 3 Heritages not including the 19. (there may have been 4).

Will the early GTs hold flat? Will the Heritages (a subject near and dear to me ) become sub $400?

I recall we have folks on the ground there who are having a much better time than the rest of us.

Last edited:

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
It will be interesting. I browsed through all the Fords and noticed the quantity of Gt’s. I would expect some downward pressure on pricing but overall looks to be a lot of buyers there. And a strong interest in collecting cars.

Interesting to see all the Bronco’s too.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Who cares. Seriously. You can’t criticize others for bringing this up and then bring it up yourself. Sell your car if you’re afraid values will tank.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Interesting to see all the Bronco’s too.

Broncos are HOT right now.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Who cares. Seriously. You can’t criticize others for bringing this up and then bring it up yourself. Sell your car if you’re afraid values will tank.

I'm sorry just whom did I criticize? I noted that I personally for any number of reasons would not sell at auction? I could care less if 100 are at BJ. It was just a question. Did I discuss selling my cars? Geez, take it easy.

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I’m no expert, but I suspect if the right audience is there during the GT auctions the prices will be higher than typical.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

I own my GT’s for pure driving enjoyment! Don’t care what so ever what they are worth!

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It's always interesting to see what all the cars go for. I think the state of the economy and stock market is the real Bellwether for prices of any luxury goods...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It's always interesting to see what all the cars go for. I think the state of the economy and stock market is the real Bellwether for prices of any luxury goods...

I find you interesting!

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
I was at Barrett yesterday, and was surprised to see a corral of GT’s. The 3 Heritage models have different mileages (if memory serves me correctly — <100, approx. 1,800, and approx. 4,000), so I am very interested in seeing the different price points.

There was a blue & white at RM/Sotheby’s, too.

We’ll see what happens over the next few days!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I own my GT’s for pure driving enjoyment! Don’t care what so ever what they are worth!
Ditto, my GT will be for sale, by my estate!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

The auctions so far this year haven't impressed me. I think people's "toy money" is on hold. On the other hand, the BJ prices seem to be doing better than what I had expected. The real tell will start after 6:00 today and Saturday afternoon when the money starts to flow.

PS. Yes, at one point there were 4 Heritage cars on the docket. Someone got cold feet.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Cant wait!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Demographics pressure point to more sales, not less, going fwd

Cost to maintain, insure, store and real estate values, increase cost of ownership as well

Try pricing a 4 or 6 garage house on either coast or metro

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Hopefully , alcohol and a few days of a strong stock market will fuel the bidding.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
My opinion is no matter what the market does short term, long term these things are going to go through the roof.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ditto, my GT will be for sale, by my estate!!!

+2 or is it +3 ?

If they drop significantly, might be a good idea to buy another one.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
PS. Yes, at one point there were 4 Heritage cars on the docket. Someone got cold feet.

If I was a seller, certainly would not want to be at any auction with this many GT's. My guess is BJ probably does not inform sellers ahead of time until docket is announced.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
+1