Benadryl Anyone

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I do like the paint! One of one! Quite the premium for it! Is it mat?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
After seeing this, Pepto Bismol required :ack

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Hey Pockets; Wasn't John Staluppi with his arms up in your picture link (center) who made the $2.1Mill purchase (the gentleman who owns the Cars of Dreams Museum)? I guess if the money was donated to a worthy cause the car is not so fugly anymore.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hopefully it all comes together better in person

Ah, no. I looked at it from all 4 sides at Barrett Jackson. There is no good angle. This thing is terrible. Damn.

Chip

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
However , even the press here in Detroit is giving the Toyota /BMW Supra RAVE REVIEWS !!
.... while barely discussing the new Mustang ShelbyGT500...
andy(ajb)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
However , even the press here in Detroit is giving the Toyota /BMW Supra RAVE REVIEWS !!
andy(ajb)

Fake news Andy!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
andy(ajb)

'Remember the "Motor Trend Car of The Year" scandal 'a few decades' back?

Just sayin'...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Pockets; Wasn't John Staluppi with his arms up in your picture link (center) who made the $2.1Mill purchase..."

'Have no idea, junior. The piece didn't I.D. the buyer & I wasn't even the slightest bit curious to find out who he was/is.

...I guess if the money was donated to a worthy cause the car is not so fugly anymore.

Oh, it's still every bit as "fugly" - regardless of where the proceeds went. :facepalm:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if he waits 600 years he might be able to get 2.1 million for it.

I suspect after the first year sale results are in the supra will go back into dormancy for another 18 or however long it has been since its return.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
if he waits 600 years he might be able to get 2.1 million for it.

...but, he'll get the tax break now...I guess...depending on just what's allowed these days following last year's tax reform bill.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Over the PA I heard that John Staluppi was the buyer. At the beginning of the auction, the woman representative for one of the befitting charities
was also named Staluppi. That may have also been a factor.

Wasn't John Staluppi with his arms up in your picture link (center) who made the $2.1Mill purchase (the gentleman who owns the Cars of Dreams Museum)? I guess if the money was donated to a worthy cause the car is not so fugly anymore.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Yep, you're right, it is him indeed.

Staluppi.jpg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Over the PA I heard that John Staluppi was the buyer. At the beginning of the auction, the woman representative for one of the befitting charities
was also named Staluppi. That may have also been a factor.

It must have been his wife. I heard and saw her on stage and again after the auction back with him at their seats.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Apparently the new Supra has 10 fake exterior vents. I take back any comparison previously made to the NSX.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
This just proves my theory. Japanese automakers just can't seem to comprehend how to design an attractive car. I mean look around you, Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Subaru...etc. Most of their vehicles are aesthetically hideous. Ugly, ugly stuff. The only one I occasionally give props to is Infinity but even they have a few models that should have been buried at the concept stage.

Then I wonder why they haven't figured out that their designs suck and I realize it's because the general public doesn't appreciate automotive beauty and they keep buying this trash! So if the demand exists, the designers (if you can call them that) will keep turning out garbage designs. Ughhhh...life rolls on. :frown

At least the true auto enthusiasts appreciate beauty and we and other groups have had the opportunity to buy and drive gorgeous cars from the US and Europe!

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ For the most part I agree, however there a a couple nice ones that slip through the cracks, 1st NSX (early, before bubble headlights) and this one (which I still think is a great looking car). I bought one just like this new. 26xx lbs 250 hp. Sold it about 10 years ago with only 11k miles. Should have kept it, as their price spike is just beginning. BUT cant keep em all...

Attachments

• Ft. Lauderdale 2018_1046_Mazda_1994_RX-7 Turbo_Coupe_JM1FD3334R0300529_Overall.jpeg
    Ft. Lauderdale 2018_1046_Mazda_1994_RX-7 Turbo_Coupe_JM1FD3334R0300529_Overall.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 54

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
1st NSX was introduced here at the Chicago Auto Show back in 1987. Seems like only yesterday. On display here in the Acura/Honda display is a survivor NSX from1991.

The original was light, and nimble with a fabulous gearbox and a modicum of horsepower. Still popular and lately a collectible.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Ah, no. I looked at it from all 4 sides at Barrett Jackson. There is no good angle. This thing is terrible. Damn.

Chip

Too bad. I know lots of us have been waiting for the new Supra with high hopes

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
S2000 an amazing gearbox as well

I assume you have been looking at auction catalogs.... Supra's, NSX, and RX-7's are coming, big time. Of course Skylines as well (25 years old, gray). RM has a a 13k mile RX-7 R1 estimate is 40-45k

Still popular and lately a collectible.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Nah, following Honda/Acura because of past association with HPD. Pretty much a benchmark for engine development/racing for many years. In particular,their early multi-cylinder racing motorcycles were amazing things to behold.

But, as per your note, I’ll be watching those other brands/cars too.