Don't jump all over me, but.....Values

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I know this is not a great question for people but, I must ask/post.

I am wondering what the true values of 2005 and 2006 Ford GT's might be. I am looking for actual sales. We all see them anywhere from 235K up, for color cars in the 300K's... I follow lots of cars on many websites. So I will pick on everybody's fave, eBay. I see many with a buy it now option that is up in the 300K's, I see some with an auction/reserve, I see some with buy it now with offers. To which, I never see one actually sell, meaning, if you go to completed auctions, there are none that actually have sold. If there is an auction with a reserve, they never meet reserve. When they do have an auction, they only seem to bring 220 to 240K, in bids.

If I had a car that I wanted to sell, say 7K miles, red, 4 option car, and very well taken care of....What would I ask? What would I take for it? If I have a dirty sort of rough car, what would that sell for? Given that say I would like to sell it, but don't need to sell it.

Which brings me back to my question, what are true, actual, selling prices?

I hope I am not offending anyone asking this type of question.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This is asked often....this forum is not a clearing house for price information.

Check with Kelly, Edmunds, Haggerty or any of the prices guides. They are usually up today on values.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
In two weeks Barrett Jackson will have 8 (eight) 05-06 cross the line. And there’s even 2 red ones 05 and a 06 52 miles and 2746 miles along with a red GTX-1..

EBay is a great way to increase exposure.... it’s not the gospel. Many deals can be completed once contact is made without fees....

https://www.motortrend.com/news/eig...o-be-auctioned-at-barrett-jackson-scottsdale/

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
It’s not really a realistic question; it’s like asking what’s the market price for an engagement ring or mansion

There are so many variables, lots of smoke/mirrors, lemons, “financing” issues (seller/buyer) and unfortunately some fraud anytime you are over quarter million in purchasing any asset.

I would guess that anywhere from 15-50% of exotic cars are essentially leased (financed for 1-3yr) until owners Equity is less than loan amount. Couple that with irrational exotic dealers that floorplan, refuse market offers and then sell at loss at Mannheim.

I have followed one exotic that’s done this rountrip since 2016;
Delaler refused my offer; 3 months later sold -$25K less to private seller; same private seller now upside-down refused my offer in Nov; then sold -$10K less to a dealer in Dec because he couldnt make his Jan 1 payment.

Motivation of seller, not buyer, is where price ends.

Ps, any call to an exotic dealer should open with -10% off ask price; not a low-ball and dealers will talk all day at that level.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
There are a lot of GTs crossing the block at Barrett Jackson. You might snag a relative bargain.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
In two weeks Barrett Jackson will have 8 (eight) 05-06 cross the line. And there’s even 2 red ones 05 and a 06 52 miles and 2746 miles along with a red GTX-1..

EBay is a great way to increase exposure.... it’s not the gospel. Many deals can be completed once contact is made without fees....

https://www.motortrend.com/news/eig...o-be-auctioned-at-barrett-jackson-scottsdale/

And last I looked, 4 Heritage (although I think one may have been withdrawn). All at no reserve.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
This is asked often....this forum is not a clearing house for price information.

Check with Kelly, Edmunds, Haggerty or any of the prices guides. They are usually up today on values.

FWIW, KBB does not provide any data (too small sample size?) and Edmunds hits a 2016 Tungsten 2500 mile 4 option car at a $191 dealer retail and $165 private party. So essentially both those online tools are not especially useful for this application.

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
This is NADA Value without mileage and options and what I pay property taxes on. :facepalm:

For these cars, you can't really put a retail/market value on them because they are in a niche market and carry so many other types of value. What I mean by that is, IMO there is a very narrow market out there for these cars and it takes a special kind of buyer with the love for these cars who knows a GT is something they are going to invest in and enjoy or stick in their garage for years to come. I personally might value and be willing to pay more for a white/blue stripe car than a red/white stripe car, because I don't care for red nor would I ever own one, even at let's say $200K with your mileage and condition. I might also be willing to pay more for a car that, let's say, has an Accufab Racing built motor with a Whipple or a Twin Turbo car and other valuable modifications (to me), where others won't touch it because it's not original equipment.

When I went shopping for my GT, I knew what I wanted and it wasn't a low mileage garage queen with original equipment. I wanted a badass, built, boosted GT because I'm "THAT" rare type of buyer who places value on tasteful and what "I" consider useful and complimenting modifications. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

There are just too many variables IMO. For your car, I'd detail it, make it look as new as possible, gather all your documentation and list it for $250K. There is a red/white stripe with 317 miles on it, untouched, listed for $375K. I personally would look past that car all day, but someone else might not. The market value of a car, is what the right buyer is willing to pay, nothing more.

Attachments

• GT Value.jpg
    GT Value.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 331

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Mileage is a BIG factor!

Joe

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Yeah, I know I hate to ask and I thought I would hear that. I am dealing with a guy near me and he has one that he never took care of and he is comparing his car to others that are nice. I am not into insulting anyone, thus I need an idea of what is realistic.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Good enough people. Thanks for the advice. I think the car near me, is not for me. I told him I wanted to get a PPI and he did not like the thought of it...So I am going to walk. I want one that shows that is was taken care of. I guess I was wondering what number the discount should be.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good decision.

Better to get one with higher miles than one that was not taken care of.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Yeah, I know I hate to ask and I thought I would hear that. I am dealing with a guy near me and he has one that he never took care of and he is comparing his car to others that are nice. I am not into insulting anyone, thus I need an idea of what is realistic.

These are 13 to 14 year old cars, like any car they will deteriorate if they are not regularly serviced and taken care of.
Yes you should walk, repairs can be costly if there is a catastrophic failure: Cheaper is not always better and as said, a well maintained car with 40k miles is much better than one that’s been sitting for a decade not touched; all the rubber seals for instance get hard and leak.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
+1 what rocketman said
"CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE!"

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Trying to understand the animus towards new people and the typical value related inquiries they bring with them. I am on literally all the other exotic car forums (fchat, mchat, mclarenlife, lambo-talk, huracantalk, lambopower, basically all except rennlist, long story, I’m even on pro-touring.com where I actually bought my 67 Camaro) and I have never seen multiple all cap “close this thread” requests in response to newbie value/price questions. Trying to understand the difference in culture between the sites. It’s $300ish to get into one of these cars. Someone new to this car would likely want to gather intel from those in the know. All the other forums I am on seem to welcome and invite new people into the fold. I’ve seen guys on Fchat with $30M car collections take time to respond to the $100,000/yr millennial trying to finance a $100,000 ten year old Ferrari with kindness, warmth, and humanity. Maybe I am just a little edgy, or maybe the striking contrast between the sites I frequent and this one is causing my sensitivity. Anyway, give me a few minutes to strap into my flame retardant apparatus before responding.

Last point I feel compelled to mention, I’m not a teenage keyboard warrior. I own a Lamborghini Huracan Performante and a Ferrari F12. I have a Ferrari 812 Superfast on order that will arrive late spring (ordered 14 months ago...). I intend to buy a black no stripe GT when I find one I like.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Trying to understand the animus towards new people and the typical value related inquiries they bring with them. I am on literally all the other exotic car forums (fchat, mchat, mclarenlife, lambo-talk, huracantalk, lambopower, basically all except rennlist, long story, I’m even on pro-touring.com where I actually bought my 67 Camaro) and I have never seen multiple all cap “close this thread” requests in response to newbie value/price questions. Trying to understand the difference in culture between the sites. It’s $300ish to get into one of these cars. Someone new to this car would likely want to gather intel from those in the know. All the other forums I am on seem to welcome and invite new people into the fold. I’ve seen guys on Fchat with $30M car collections take time to respond to the $100,000/yr millennial trying to finance a $100,000 ten year old Ferrari with kindness, warmth, and humanity. Maybe I am just a little edgy, or maybe the striking contrast between the sites I frequent and this one is causing my sensitivity. Anyway, give me a few minutes to strap into my flame retardant apparatus before responding.

Last point I feel compelled to mention, I’m not a teenage keyboard warrior. I own a Lamborghini Huracan Performante and a Ferrari F12. I have a Ferrari 812 Superfast on order that will arrive late spring (ordered 14 months ago...). I intend to buy a black no stripe GT when I find one I like.

I totally agree with you that I don't understand why the animosity to these information requests generate these kind of responses. If they don't like it, they don't have to read the thread.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Worth noting too that this tread has enjoyed an unusual amount of viewing activity. Using a “views per day” metric this topic leads all threads on the first 3 pages. That’s using quick math while scanning down the pages. Could it be this is actually one of more popular topics? Could be it that there is pent up demand as it were for this type of intel? Maybe I am just not in the know. Maybe this topic is a breach of site decorum. Again, not trying to be quarrelsome, just trying to understand the root cause of the variance.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
1. People who are not interested in a topic still open the thread and comment on it. And probably keep coming back. Human nature is sometimes inexplicable.

2. There is no value "intel." There is no "discount" number. There is no "realistic" price. If you want to know things to look out for, fine. You've already been advised to get a PPI. That is the only "intel" you need. The value is what an individual buyer and seller agree to.

My GT has a much greater value than anyone would pay me.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I'll give you my opinion - and as straight of an answer as I can.

I believe that a mid-mileage GT (4000-7000 miles) with no stories and a successful PPI to validate in today's market should be in the neighborhood of $275K. Let's say that this is a virgin, few if any mods car, and this valuation is more or less the benchmark/line in the sand.

From this reference, it starts to become personal to add/subtract based on the car that you find. Original owner, very good documentation. Believable history. All of these would give me confidence in the valuation.

If the car has mods, then you have to assess if these mods are something you would want to do anyway (then let the valuation stand) or if the mods for you detract from the valuation. This is all subjective. Then, of course, there is color. Is the car your first choice in color and/or options. If yes, great. If not, you may want to offer something lower. Oh yeah.... if it is a Heritage, the plan on adding $100-$125K to the price.

Anyway, I think this will get you into the ballpark. To me hearing that person A bought a GT for $255K and person B bought one for $285K.... these in my eye are substantially the same "deal" based on the likes/preferences of the buyer.