WTB 05-06 blue Ford GT

jcoltrane

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2018
Hello all,

First time caller, long time listener. I’m looking for a 4-option midnight blue, under 10k miles, preferably stock, clean Carfax. All the better if it's private party rather than dealer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hello all,

First time caller, long time listener. I’m looking for a 4-option blue with white stripes over black, under 10k miles, preferably stock, clean Carfax. I’d be especially happy if the car already had a full clear bra to keep the paint fresh.. $250-275k is the range I’m looking to spend, all the better if it’s an individual so I can avoid sales taxes from a dealer.

Thanks!

Good luck on your search.

I am not sure how a private sale will save you sales tax unless your goal is to drive it home from out of state. Even then, any tax you pay should be deducted from the sales tax due in your state.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
In Georgia the old law charged no sales tax on purchase from individuals but that was changed 5 years ago

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nevada has no sales tax on private purchases. I don't know how it works with out of state purchases though. Colorado charged regardless of where it comes from or whom.

Last edited:

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Arizona is also a state without tax on private party sales. I achieved this on both my GT's and saved tens of thousands.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Montana has favorable taxes if you register the car there.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Montana has favorable taxes if you register the car there.

Yes, absolutely don’t do this. This game is over.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Two words of advice: Pre-purchase inspection. And make sure it's someone who knows these cars.

jcoltrane

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2018
The maximum vehicle use tax in IL from a private party is $1500 vs 7% from a dealer in or out of state. Not talking about Montana LLC’s, just trying to avoid spending an extra $20k if I can help it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tax in IL is only 6.25% on vehicle purchase from dealer. Since I just paid for the new GT. No tax if transfer to a relative.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please do not derail or sidetrack new members threads. If someone joins and has a question, don't make them sift through a bunch of back and forth that is irrelevant to their situation.

jcoltrane

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2018
We’re getting a little in the weeds, but it’s 7% in my county. I’m still looking for a blue GT :)

jcoltrane

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2018
Found one that matches my criteria, does anyone have PPI recommendations for GT's in the Dallas area? Or better yet, anyone know the story on this car? It appears it was sold at a RM auction last January.

https://www.empireexoticmotors.com/...d-gt-4-of-4-option-car-addison-tx-id-27270083

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Rich Roback is in AZ (GT build team member)

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Some info about that GT in the RM auction you mentioned in this link:

http://rickcarey.com/rm-sothebys-arizona-biltmore-phoenix-january-18-19-2018/

Carfax is unclear which airbag was done. Both need to be replaced. Assume all the fluids and belts need to be changed unless you can document that it was recently done.

Here is a thread with a good PPI checklist:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28160-FGT-PPI-List

Best wishes on your potential purchase!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is a beautiful car. Best color combination!
And , it has all the "white GT stripes "
Ajb (andy)

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Do you live in AZ? Are you saying if I bought one and I went to register it in NYS then no sales tax?

jcoltrane

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2018
I bought a red 05 GT to tide me over, but I'm still looking for a 4-option, low mile, 1-owner midnight blue GT if anyone has any leads? Thanks!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Could have sworn there was a car in Florida matching your specs listed on the forum but now I can't find it.

Seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Must be loosing it. :confused: