Not exactly what everybody else has been posting lately, but...

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Haha I know what you mean - I plan on driving mine though

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Over restored and under enjoyed.

I am really fighting the urge to "over-restore". I really want to drive this thing all the time and not worry about it. I have enough iron sitting around that doesn't get driven because I'm too proud of it!

Chris,

30 years ago I bought a 1980 factory V-8 4-speed Jeep CJ-5 that I intended to DRIVE. Nearly 100K later after an insane frame off restoration it was a work of art AND.....it was too nice to drive. Today, 30 years later it has 6000 miles on it. I would have enjoyed it more if I had made it run right and stopped at that. When I was up there you looked really happy driving that truck and it suits you. I suggest you keep driving it. Let it wear out about the same time you and I wear out. Cheers brother.

Chip

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Jeep 2.jpg
    Jeep 2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 37

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...I suggest you keep driving it. Let it wear out about the same time you and I wear out...

I'm guessing my old truck will last far longer than we will. I seem to be wearing out faster and faster these days!

That is one beautiful '5 Chip. Have you ever thought of dropping some more coin on it and painting it to match your GTs? What's another $15K after you've already dropped a hundred big ones? :lol