Nicely done Lincoln. This is a sure hit in the luxury space.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Love what Lincoln is doing lately. Have been following the new Navigator, and impressed also with the new Aviator, and now this limited edition Continental.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ntinental-vintage-limited-edition/2334511002/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know, I know; "Google is your friend"...but, weren't "suicide doors" outlawed some years back...or was that in Europe?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Reports they are only going to build 80 for 2019. It's more rare than the new GT

I like it depending on how much over 100K

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Nicely done

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Jalopnik did a nice write up on this as well. Lots of pictures!

See: https://jalopnik.com/lincolns-making-80-special-edition-continentals-with-su-1831143712?

It really is beautiful.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I like it. Only 80 is a bummer!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
They should have went with the old square look.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Are they testing the market, and then going into full factory option for the next model year?

I mean, perhaps they're concerned about the practical market risk. But this seems a good hit, and if there are only 80 for the World, how are they going to be seen? Perhaps the extreme low volume production number will create more interest than producing a few thousand.

In any event, I'm glad they are taking a bold step and producing this version!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Nice to see new unique and retro products come to market. Wonder how the allocation process will be executed?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
article mentioned 80 for 2019 but no mention of how many in 2020 so it could be as many as are ordered

its not a risk at all they are using the same continental black series and sending it out to be retrofitted with the doors, so they didnt have to develop a new car.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I think it looks great.

Chip

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I like it!
Not exactly for me, but it's cool.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Agreed. Lincoln is killing it lately. Good for them.

Vince H

I'm afraid I have a different opinion. It's boring - and the wheels look like they are from a Jada toy car.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I like it. I could see that being in my garage too. Damn, need a bigger garage!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I know, I know; "Google is your friend"...but, weren't "suicide doors" outlawed some years back...or was that in Europe?

Must still be legal. One article on the new Lincoln mentioned "coach doors" and said they are still found on Rolls Royces. Indeed, all of their 4-door vehicles, including the SUV, have them.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Must still be legal. One article on the new Lincoln mentioned "coach doors" and said they are still found on Rolls Royces. Indeed, all of their 4-door vehicles, including the SUV, have them.

'Figured that had to be the case...but, 'seem to recall some Ralph Nader-type raising the roof over 'em some years back resulting in them being dropped here in the U.S. That was reinforced for me when I was told by a member of my local Porsche dealer's staff that the new 'Taycan" would not have the concept car's suicide rear doors because they'd been outlawed here.

What can I say. I'm OLD... ;-)

Last edited: